PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who's coming in then?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Who's coming in then?  (Read 20496 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Who's coming in then?
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2022, 03:20:37 PM »

Seeing as we're obsessed with Alty alumni, Jack Redshaw is probably available again after finishing his loan with Chester  :P

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2022, 03:27:34 PM »

Leighton McGivern made his return to non-league football this season with Lower Breck. He's only 37...

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2022, 03:33:30 PM »

Seeing as we're obsessed with Alty alumni, Jack Redshaw is probably available again after finishing his loan with Chester  :P

More of a number ten nowadays and extremely injury prone (or is my irony filter on the blink?) 😏
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2022, 03:34:27 PM »

The only comment that I have to make is I dearly hope that the recruitment in the second half of the season is significantly better than the first half or else we will be in big trouble! SBL

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2022, 05:02:37 PM »

When lad would RATHER play at Ryland$ than here we've a recruitment issue.
It's all my fault.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2022, 05:25:28 PM »

The only comment that I have to make is I dearly hope that the recruitment in the second half of the season is significantly better than the first half or else we will be in big trouble! SBL

That is 100% bang on the money
Full time and proud of it

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2022, 07:18:09 PM »

I notice James Walshaw has scored 5 in 21 appearances for Ossett United - mind you, he's now playing centre midfield. He's still only 37......

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2022, 07:59:15 PM »

Couldn't agree more.

One of the major disappointments of the season to date remains the fact that none of the players who were recruited during the summer have succeeded in establishing themselves as regular first-choice starters:

Bunney: vamoosed to Rylands after merely three appearances;

Digie: incurred an unfortunate injury during pre-season and has only started three league fixtures so far. The jury is out until we've watched him a few more times but at least his performance against Wrexham was more encouraging than the evidence during that torrid first half at Edgeley Park;

Dinanga: doesn't look up to the required standard at this level. Alas, another misfiring forward to add to the likes of Blyth, Harrison, Piggott et al. in the post-Hulme era and you do even sense that he may have already been written-off;

Fitzpatrick: another one who has departed. I am still receiving therapy after witnessing the nightmare that was his performance in the Gateshead FA Cup replay;

Furman: his season has been disrupted by injury, limiting him to just three league starts. I remain unconvinced by him;

Jackson: has managed a red card and the occasional promising cameo role, however he has been plagued by injuries (which has come as no great surprise to anyone who read the comments on the Chester FC fan forum regarding his fitness when it emerged that he had signed for Alty);

Kirby: exteremly unlucky to see his season curtailed by a serious injury in our fourth league match;

Leitch-Smith: another one who simply hasn't spent enough telling minutes on the pitch owing to injury issues. Speak to anyone associated with Morecambe and they express concerns pertaining his ability to compile a sequence of consecutive appearances;

Pringle: has generally flattered to deceive, in that there have been some relatively stellar appearances as a substitute combined with some dispiritingly underwhelming displays when he has actually started games.

I now sincerely hope for better things from both Marriott and Morgan.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2022, 09:01:09 PM »

Zeki Fryers has left Stockport by mutual consent.

Could be a useful addition...

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2022, 09:06:48 PM »

Great pedigree. Wonder what went wrong at Stockport? Only signed for them in September.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2022, 09:08:35 PM »

Elliot Newby would be a great loanee too, now Stockport have recalled him from Halifax - weird that they loaned him to another promotion rival after the Bennett situation with Hartlepool last season.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2022, 12:48:53 PM »

Almost a week into new-year, and we've 16 registered players, and many of those may be isolating Saturday given we called off Monday.

I know we like to. Keep things under wraps but let's hope some movement tonight at training.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 01:10:31 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2022, 01:37:32 PM »

It's still early doors in January, but I am very worried about the next couple of fixtures and wondering if something is wrong.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2022, 01:41:58 PM »

I'm certainly not a 'happy clapper' and never have been but keep it together folks and have a bit of faith that lots is going on behind the scenes and Parky will come up trumps for us.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2022, 02:00:36 PM »

I'm certainly not a 'happy clapper' and never have been but keep it together folks and have a bit of faith that lots is going on behind the scenes and Parky will come up trumps for us.

I'd be atleast hoping we recall a loan player or two if not.
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who's coming in then?