PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who's coming in then?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Who's coming in then?  (Read 20490 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Who's coming in then?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2022, 03:11:52 PM »

Charman seems to be a very good prospect. Looks like the kind of number nine we should be interested in.

Charman does indeed look like a decent number 9.

Very worried about losing Senior but it is only a matter of time. Just hope we get over 100k for him as he is still young.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2022, 03:24:49 PM »

Senior would be a huge Loss.

Would we lose so many players being FT? Which we would be had we not given out 2 year contracts like sweets after the playoffs.
It's all my fault.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2022, 03:33:34 PM »

We'd receive a very significant fee for Senior, so Morgan looks like a pretty sensible replacement.
Yes, we should probably be in for players like Charman, but it does go to show that (for the time being) Fylde are still ahead of us in the queue for players.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2022, 03:42:52 PM »

Senior would be a huge Loss.

Would we lose so many players being FT? Which we would be had we not given out 2 year contracts like sweets after the playoffs.

I would think we'll lose more players to teams above us if and when we go FT because the part time status of our current players must be a barrier to some potential moves, either for the players themselves who may have good jobs or for the interested clubs who may wonder if they can cut it in FT football. Indeed it will be a part of the business model to develop players and sell them on for good fees.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2022, 04:03:49 PM »

I thought the idea of having a hybrid season would allow us to keep those we wanted even if they wanted to stay part time? Possibly four or so? That way we've got an extra year to go full time.
Could be mistaken.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2022, 04:15:58 PM »

Banking a fee for Senior and bringing in Jamie Morgan to replace him would represent a very sensible bit of business. Given we also need a left back, I wouldnt also mind Askew (who has come up on the forum previously).

I hope it allows us to grab a slightly higher calibre of number 9 than we've been accustomed to.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2022, 04:18:49 PM »

I'd take Senior and Hulme over is blowing a wad on another r journeyman name.

If Hulme is deemed surplus at Fylde and with his age, it shouldn't be an expensive signing.
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2022, 04:48:53 PM »

If Hulme is deemed surplus at Fylde and with his age, it shouldn't be an expensive signing.

If the right offer comes in for Senior, regardless of whether we have a centre forward lined up, he should go. We don't know what tomorrow could bring, he could do his ACL or have a double compound fracture for all we know. The lad's deserved his chance and would represent a huge success for the club, and add to our track record to help persuade other similar lads in.

It will also boost our immediate budget in our most pressing area, whether it's Jordan or otherwise.

I agree if Jordan is available then we could certainly do worse than giving him a go, as much as I don't feel as enthused as others on the forum - my previous thought has been look forwards not backwards, but we do need a stop gap fix now - it's obvious. I just hope we haven't got all our eggs in that one basket, that's all.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2022, 05:11:31 PM »

If the right offer comes in for Senior, regardless of whether we have a centre forward lined up, he should go. We don't know what tomorrow could bring, he could do his ACL or have a double compound fracture for all we know. The lad's deserved his chance and would represent a huge success for the club, and add to our track record to help persuade other similar lads in.

It will also boost our immediate budget in our most pressing area, whether it's Jordan or otherwise.

I agree if Jordan is available then we could certainly do worse than giving him a go, as much as I don't feel as enthused as others on the forum - my previous thought has been look forwards not backwards, but we do need a stop gap fix now - it's obvious. I just hope we haven't got all our eggs in that one basket, that's all.

We didn't learn from our inability to replace Hulme, weve Sent 6 out loan, another going without a replacement would be suicidal.

It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2022, 05:56:09 PM »

See that Chester full back wasn't in the team or on the bench today. 🤔

The Chester forum opinion is that he's leaving or has left as he wasn't even in the ground.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 08:41:14 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

andrewflynn

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2022, 07:35:21 PM »

Not sure the fee for Senior would be that high if he has less than 6 months on his contract with us. That said, if he does leave now then it’s certainly better than him leaving on a free, which I am sure he would do at the end of the season, as I doubt he would hamper his chances by signing a new deal.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2022, 07:58:01 PM »

Not sure the fee for Senior would be that high if he has less than 6 months on his contract with us. That said, if he does leave now then it’s certainly better than him leaving on a free, which I am sure he would do at the end of the season, as I doubt he would hamper his chances by signing a new deal.

Agreed, we don't know what's being said behind closed doors as things stand right now.

Joel might have recently been offered an improved 18-month deal, effective immediately, and declined it - meaning our hand has been forced now.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2022, 08:45:55 PM »

The money we'd get for him now vs. The money we'd lose by going down means we shouldn't be letting him go unless we have ready made replacement.

The only reason JJ deal worked out for us was having Mahon as a stopgap with Mooney coming in a short day or two after. And Durell strengthening.
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2022, 09:06:18 PM »

The money we'd get for him now vs. The money we'd lose by going down means we shouldn't be letting him go unless we have ready made replacement.

The only reason JJ deal worked out for us was having Mahon as a stopgap with Mooney coming in a short day or two after. And Durell strengthening.

Absolutely right. Now is the wrong time to sell one of our top performers and replace him with a player Chester are happy to lose.
I don't believe we'll go down but however slim the chances are, they're even slimmer with Joel at right back.
Also, he may well be persuaded to stay where he's appreciated at the end of the season especially if we can offer him a full time contract in the National League.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2022, 08:45:57 AM »

I think we'd replace him if he goes, and Jamie Morgan represents a decent enough option imo.

I notice Ashton's young midfielder Harvey Macadam has signed for Fleetwood - 2 teams we've had a good relationship with. Former right winger / full back converted to midfield, 6ft 4 - I wonder if they'd be looking to loan him out further up the pyramid...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who's coming in then?