News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Football League is stopping matchday "testing"

Author Topic: Football League is stopping matchday "testing"  (Read 4772 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 30, 2021, 11:58:17 PM »

Apparently league players will no longer be tested on match days for a virus that's been going round unless they have symptoms of it.

I presume this testing business is continuing in the NL? Just to be clear, I am not prepared to buy a ticket days in advance for a match that could be called off at any time. If there are tickets still available on Monday, then fine, but it is disappointing that once again this season people are having to miss out on a significant number of matches. Hopefully things will be back to normal after Stockport (or if we go down). Lucky old Narine not having to worry about getting to this level.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Football League is stopping matchday "testing"
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 09:42:55 AM »

Games can be called off at very short notice because of  for example,  adverse weather, transport difficulties, bereavement within a Club.
This has been the case for many a moon, yet you have continued to try to attend.
COVID is horrible, don't think I'm underestimating it but I just find your position on this issue a little perverse

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 10:38:06 AM »

Apparently league players will no longer be tested on match days for a virus that's been going round unless they have symptoms of it.

I presume this testing business is continuing in the NL? Just to be clear, I am not prepared to buy a ticket days in advance for a match that could be called off at any time. If there are tickets still available on Monday, then fine, but it is disappointing that once again this season people are having to miss out on a significant number of matches. Hopefully things will be back to normal after Stockport (or if we go down). Lucky old Narine not having to worry about getting to this level.

I wouldn’t say people are having to miss out on games.

The option for you to go is there, you have chosen not to take up that opportunity to ensure a ticket..

Your choice Hugh

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 04:50:02 PM »

Probably be best if you just stop attending all together.

You could use the time to research more inane theories

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2021, 06:47:17 PM »

Its very unlikely that unless we hit more restrictions you'll need to buy days in advance, it was Trafford Council, not covid that forced advanced ticket sales.

I also don't believe we should have to buy in advance, but if I have to, I will. There's a strong chance i personally could get covid and have to isolate thus wasting cash.

Trafford Council have signed off 5k and I don't see us getting over the self imposed 3.9k other THAN Stockport (and maybe a title chasing Halifax)
It's all my fault.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2022, 12:27:06 AM »

Games can be called off at very short notice because of  for example,  adverse weather, transport difficulties, bereavement within a Club.
This has been the case for many a moon, yet you have continued to try to attend.
COVID is horrible, don't think I'm underestimating it but I just find your position on this issue a little perverse

Well this one has been called off anyway, and not for the weather (less likely now with the new pitch). And I haven't had to buy tickets days in advance in the past. There have been several matches in a short space now where some people have had to miss out for different reasons, and, coming on top of last season, it is a bit frustrating. But, as I say, back to normal after (what would have been)County. Maybe.

It's normal for people to take different positions on these things, you don't have to get up tight about it. People will react in different ways. Even when things are normal, people react in different ways to stuff.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2022, 12:30:22 AM »

The option for you to go is there, you have chosen not to take up that opportunity to ensure a ticket..

Your choice Hugh

The Wrexham match sold out of tickets, and I suspect the problem was especially acute for Wrexham fans who would have brought many more than a thousand. People who try hard enough and are prepared to take the risk will not be able to go. If Wrexham sold out, Stockport sure would have. Are you having a go at however many hundred would have gone with a 6,000 capacity but didn't get a ticket in time? Do be sensible.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2022, 12:31:40 AM »

Probably be best if you just stop attending all together.

You could use the time to research more inane theories

Oh give it a rest and stop being a twit. You seemed sensible enough when I met you, start acting it. Or witter on about how dubious Oxford University (or their website) are if you prefer, it's entirely up to you.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 01:12:34 AM by Hugh »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2022, 05:12:39 PM »

Your choice Hugh

The Wrexham match sold out of tickets, and I suspect the problem was especially acute for Wrexham fans who would have brought many more than a thousand. People who try hard enough and are prepared to take the risk will not be able to go. If Wrexham sold out, Stockport sure would have. Are you having a go at however many hundred would have gone with a 6,000 capacity but didn't get a ticket in time? Do be sensible.

It didn't sell out, the crowd was well under 3.9k capacity.

It merely sold out in the away end.
It's all my fault.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2022, 05:16:22 PM »

I have never had symptoms for Malaria, Yellow fever, dengue fever.....but never felt the need to get tested for them.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2022, 05:46:49 PM »

Your choice Hugh

This confused me. Why were tickets taken offline in that case? And why did the club tell me it was sold out when I rang up?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2022, 08:46:32 PM »

Your choice Hugh

This confused me. Why were tickets taken offline in that case? And why did the club tell me it was sold out when I rang up?

I believe because someone publically posted a link where Wrexham fans had access.
It's all my fault.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2022, 01:54:36 AM »

Your choice Hugh

My mistake. I was told on the day of the match when I phoned the club that there were no tickets left. Maybe they just weren't selling any on the day.

I still say that more would have gone if we could have paid on the gate (me for a start) though I accept the club did the right thing in the circumstances and applaud their stance.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2022, 07:45:11 AM »

When I tested positive for COVID19, I was at my most contagious and yet showed no symptoms.

Three weeks later, as a keen runner, I'm still out of breath by the time I get to the top of the stairs and can't even run to the end of the road.

Let's stop second-guessing the science, folks.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2022, 09:40:35 PM »

3 weeks later could be a cold?

I've had a stinker and have similar symptoms!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team