Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 So no new restrictions for England today then, apparently!

Author Topic: So no new restrictions for England today then, apparently!  (Read 4420 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 27, 2021, 02:54:53 PM »

So Wrexham will be alright at least then (barring last minute tests).

Doesn't mean that the County match couldn't still be affected though, presumably... I rather suspect football will be affected if and when they bring anything in.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 02:56:47 PM by Hugh »

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: So no new restrictions for England today then, apparently!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 11:03:28 AM »

Unlikely any restrictions will hit before 2nd Jan. It's pretty clear the Government is desperate not to hit hospitality over Christmas and New Year. From the 2nd, all bets are off.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 11:22:43 AM »

Unlikely any restrictions will hit before 2nd Jan. It's pretty clear the Government is desperate not to hit hospitality over Christmas and New Year. From the 2nd, all bets are off.

There will be no restrictions on England at all now. What'd be the point?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 10:31:11 PM by CRT Butty »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2022, 12:42:55 AM »

Noo point of course, but the pressure's still mounting for it this week. Go figure.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2022, 09:42:24 AM »

Noo point of course, but the pressure's still mounting for it this week. Go figure.

The horse has bolted, people have been in and out of each other's homes, pubs, restaurants and theatres for ten days. We have record numbers of cases. The gvt didn't impose restrictions on England as Johnson had made himself a hostage to fortune when he said that this Christmas would be far better than 2020. Never mind any debate about science and stats, that was a purely political decision.

It's too late for restrictions, I'm looking for a reason not to let omicron run its course and I can't find one.

Get your jabs, wear a mask, wash your hands and carry on.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2022, 12:32:59 PM »

The horse has bolted, people have been in and out of each other's homes, pubs, restaurants and theatres for ten days. We have record numbers of cases. The gvt didn't impose restrictions on England as Johnson had made himself a hostage to fortune when he said that this Christmas would be far better than 2020. Never mind any debate about science and stats, that was a purely political decision.

It's too late for restrictions, I'm looking for a reason not to let omicron run its course and I can't find one.

There are of course alternative opinions to the science and the stats - and there always has been amongst some distinguished epidemoligists and medical professionals - it's just that only one side has been presented to the public. The 'papers' and journals have always been out thete. However I do think we are now seeing more balanced debate.

The horse has definately bolted, but maybe it should have been allowed to do so in April 21 after the over 60s and vulnerable were all double jabbed.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2022, 05:23:19 PM »

There are of course alternative opinions to the science and the stats - and there always has been amongst some distinguished epidemoligists and medical professionals - it's just that only one side has been presented to the public. The 'papers' and journals have always been out thete. However I do think we are now seeing more balanced debate.

The horse has definately bolted, but maybe it should have been allowed to do so in April 21 after the over 60s and vulnerable were all double jabbed.

:)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2022, 06:19:34 PM »

It looks to me as though the Covid situation is quite different now. The Delta version was generating many more hospitalisations in percentage terms because of the way it occupied the lung tissue.

The Omnicron version isn't causing the same level of breathing difficulty. I think once we see the fallout from the holiday season a decision will need to be made on living alongside the virus.

Hopefully, the end is in sight because I don't think vaccinating the world population every six months is a viable strategy, no matter how much Pfizer would like the opportunity.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2022, 06:42:07 PM »

It looks to me as though the Covid situation is quite different now. The Delta version was generating many more hospitalisations in percentage terms because of the way it occupied the lung tissue.

The Omnicron version isn't causing the same level of breathing difficulty. I think once we see the fallout from the holiday season a decision will need to be made on living alongside the virus.

Hopefully, the end is in sight because I don't think vaccinating the world population every six months is a viable strategy, no matter how much Pfizer would like the opportunity.

Totally. I am sure the scientific world can bolster the flu vac for winter 2022/23 as required.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2022, 01:39:49 AM »

8)
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2022, 01:45:44 AM »

100% this, we were told in December 2020 that 15 million "vaccinations" were needed to end the cycle of lockdowns, every adult has now been offered three, and yet here we are again with Wrexham fans barred from home matches.
With cases apparently already peaking in London, there's no point in restrictions now If there ever was) and I look forward to attending home games soon, all being well.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2022, 05:25:33 PM »

I see Wrexham's home match on Saturday is off again

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2022, 05:36:38 PM »

I think Parky said it would be this Thursday before he know he would have a squad for Saturday!! Based on the interview I heard. He hopes to get the game played at Barnet.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team