PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport County Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Stockport County Match Thread  (Read 16738 times)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stockport County Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2021, 05:57:31 PM »

Porter and Fitzpatrick are utter tosh. It needs saying. Surely we can recall Andy White?
Where is Mooney? Where were Pringle and Hampson today? Why send so many players out on loan and bring so few in? Why are we operating with one arm tied behind our backs?

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2021, 05:59:53 PM »

The decision to play five at the back completely threw us; players appeared not to know what area they were meant to be covering.  It also allowed the opposition to push up easily and gave us very little option to move forward when we did have possession.  We operated the same tactics in the first half at Chesterfield and looked dreadful then, so Im not sure why we thought its would be any different today.

No real positives, but Colclough was ok and is clearly our best player, Kosylo put in a shift, and Digie, to be fair to him, played the best game in an Alty shirt.  Thompson's kicking is another level of woeful, but he showed in the SH that he is a good shot-stopper.

Not looking forward to the return fixture one bit.

Thomas H

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2021, 06:05:49 PM »

Woeful performance.
Not sure what Parkinson was trying from a tactical perspective?
Porter Moult and Fitzpatrick were very poor.
We have to start games better than that, in the first 20 minutes county were a yard quicker whilst we dithered in our own box.
Dreadful Parkinson.

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2021, 06:39:05 PM »

If that’s not a wake up call I don’t know what is.

Digie played ok as did Hannigan. Kossy and Colclough worked hard. Fitzpatrick should never pull on an Alty shirt again. Moult is looking very old at this level and Hancock and Porter are out of their depth.

Offload the dead wood, we are very close to a relegation battle.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2021, 06:39:48 PM »

The decision to play five at the back completely threw us; players appeared not to know what area they were meant to be covering.  It also allowed the opposition to push up easily and gave us very little option to move forward when we did have possession.  We operated the same tactics in the first half at Chesterfield and looked dreadful then, so Im not sure why we thought its would be any different today.

No real positives, but Colclough was ok and is clearly our best player, Kosylo put in a shift, and Digie, to be fair to him, played the best game in an Alty shirt.  Thompson's kicking is another level of woeful, but he showed in the SH that he is a good shot-stopper.

Not looking forward to the return fixture one bit.

Colclough was wank. Without doubt are most gifted player, but you wouldn't want him next to you in the trenches
Full time and proud of it

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2021, 06:47:51 PM »

Extract from PP's pre-match instructions :

"Just sit on the bench for the full 90 Isaac. It'll give you chance to learn how we play".

Unfortunately, he will have done.

Is there a 14 day cooling off period?

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2021, 06:51:15 PM »

That’s the first time under Parky in the National League where I’ve felt we’ve been totally outclassed and not close to the standard. Today was poor no doubt about it, and playing 5 at the back didn’t work but we won’t play against sides of that quality every week. As mentioned in previous posts Fitzpatrick was dire (though in fairness he isn’t a wingback) and Porter even worse. I have no idea how Porter gets a game ahead of our other midfield options on the bench.
Andrew Flynn mentioned a week or so ago about why it is we have players (today Hampson and Pringle) that go from the starting 11 to not even featuring on the bench ? Unless they are injured or covid related absentees than I find their omission from the squad today puzzling.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 06:57:57 PM by AFC56 »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2021, 07:08:16 PM »

I wasn’t there but listened to Radio Robins. It’s interesting to read totally differing opinions on here about how well or bad a game players had.

Tommo is a brilliant shot stopper but his kicking is abject at best, surely Steve French could coach him on that weak point of his game..

Not sure 5 at the back is the way ahead, .. I still believe the solution is a striker that can hold the ball up… if nothing else it will be stop the ball coming straight back.

Onwards & Upwards (fingers crossed)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 07:15:55 PM by distancetraveller »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2021, 07:40:37 PM »

I wasn’t there but listened to Radio Robins. It’s interesting to read totally differing opinions on here about how well or bad a game players had.

Tommo is a brilliant shot stopper but his kicking is abject at best, surely Steve French could coach him on that weak point of his game..

Not sure 5 at the back is the way ahead, .. I still believe the solution is a striker that can hold the ball up… if nothing else it will be stop the ball coming straight back.

Onwards & Upwards (fingers crossed)

Thompsons kicking was awful, as was his shot stopping

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2021, 08:13:24 PM »

To be fair to Thompson, his distribution is an integral part of our game. The reason a lot go astray is because he’s trying to pick people out.

I’m sure if we told him just to T**t every back pass he’d have no problems whatsoever.

Yeah, today was wank but let’s keep our nerve and f**k it off and move on.

Every so often this can happen, some days you’re the hammer other says you’re the nail. I’m not happy but the general direction is positive so let’s crack on.

We did try to keep playing I suppose

I’m not happy clapping btw 😂

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2021, 08:43:09 PM »

Thankfully I couldn't make it.

Porter is a boy lost in a man's league. Very poor.

I have not rated TT again this season. He doesn't move his legs to make saves and kicking has been poor.

We are weak at LB and possibly CB ( certainly in squad depth).

Central mid is very weak. Moult can't get around the pitch anymore and he's had average and weak players next to him him this season.

Need to get Mooney back fit - what is his injury now?

Get Hulme back on loan.

We've lost some big characters in the squad over the last 2 seasons.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2021, 09:02:58 PM »

I couldn’t make it either but Christ that sounded grim. Obviously Stockport are in a different universe to us on and off the pitch but we’ve competed and got results against all the big boys in the league this season before today, so such a complete capitulation is deeply disappointing and as others have said the first time we’ve really been schooled this season in the league. With a suspiciously well rested Wrexham to come in 48 hours it’s unlikely to get any better you fear.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2021, 10:02:55 PM »

We need new blood and I'm pretty sure the management are on to it

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2021, 01:50:42 AM »

Terrible performance today from us and probably one of the worst under PP. defending was atrocious and reminded my of some of our previous stints in the national league. As someone above said I’ve never seen us not be in a game under Phil but we were completely out of it after 10 minutes today. Couldn’t get near them. Midfield non existent and defence seemed panicked and extremely incompetent at times. We need to get out of this rut soon. I know we’re playing Stockport and the like but the performances need to be better. Hopefully we see a reaction in the return leg.

As for Stockport, I thought they were superb. Best side in this league by a mile and should be looking to win it. Incredible support too to get over 8000 for a national league game and the same goes for our away support too. 742 is a great effort.

Poor performance mixed with playing the best side in the league and we got what we deserved today. Needs to improve but I’ve every faith Phil and Neil will sort it out. We go again

andrewflynn

« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2021, 07:59:50 AM »

Porter and Fitzpatrick are utter tosh. It needs saying. Surely we can recall Andy White?
Where is Mooney? Where were Pringle and Hampson today? Why send so many players out on loan and bring so few in? Why are we operating with one arm tied behind our backs?

….

It feels like a huge collection of football players more than it does a squad, to me. And I do apologise if I'm wide of the mark here. There are a number of players that you see once every 3 or 4 games. Why? Is this injuries? If so, we've had an awful lot. Or are players falling out of favour? I don't know about this, either. Maybe we're just a football club in transition and it's part of the process.

It just seems like we see players for a couple of weeks then they fall off the face of the earth…

Completely unacceptable that yesterday. They can have no gripes with the reception they got at full time. As others have said, I’ve absolutely no problem with losing to Stockport County, but to do so in that manner in front of that away following is disgusting. We deserve far better than we are getting and it needs sorting or we will be in big trouble.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 08:07:29 AM by Andrew Flynn »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport County Match Thread