PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport County Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Stockport County Match Thread  (Read 17311 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stockport County Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2021, 08:18:00 AM »

showed them to much respect and that led to a change of formation,that did not work.Get at these teams from the off and if we go down in the game then at least we go down fighting
Harold

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2021, 08:54:20 AM »

Think everyone sums up well how poor we were. Stockport were excellent, but we made them look better. I don't normally single out players but DF was atrocious, slow and positional play and awareness was hopeless, led to at least 2 goals.

Hope I never see with the current personnel 5 at the back.

Team is not settled and seems to much rotation. With so many out on loan, not sure where we turn too. We need to see an improvement in all areas and a response.

Hopefully we'll play to our strengths in next game and go down fighting, rather than with a whimper

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2021, 09:46:09 AM »

We were outplayed by a more physical side who shielded the ball really well when it mattered. I don't think we can use the loanees as an excuse. They would have been spectators to what was going on at the wrong end of the pitch.

Their  crossing was good and the ability of their forwards to get on to them showed what we have been lacking for 18 months. 13 minutes and it's all over.

I'm not worried about a relegation battle but I'm concerned that we've not got a settled team. It could be that Covid is playing a part but at the moment the football isn't flowing.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2021, 10:34:23 AM »

Playing 5 at the back against an attacking team like County and Parky relying on his system of playing sideways and backwards to move forwards is never going to work.  We are inviting them onto us from the outset and progress forward is far too slow and error prone.  If we are going to do 5 at the back we need to be prepared to play the long ball up to a surrogate Jordan Hulme and have two fast wing backs who can travel well with the ball so that we can rattle our opponents by counter attacking down the left, the right or the middle.

Setting the team up as he did immediately gave Stockport a psychological advantage from the off and also sends out the wrong kind of message to our own players.  I have heard Parky say dozens of times that we are an attacking team and that is what we do and we are not afraid of and will have a go at anyone we play.  We did'nt see that yesterday by a long stretch.

It is hard to reconcile what happened yesterday with the recent performance against Notts County where IMHO we deserved better than to lose by the odd goal.  I still think we have the makings of a steady team that will see us through to safety at the end of the season.  We do need to lose a few (we all know who they are) and we need a big guy up front.

It is now essential to get behind Phil and the team.  A few good results will see us mid table again with plenty of games to go looking to sneak into a playoff position (well maybe).

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2021, 11:43:32 AM »

I lost a lot of respect for Phil yesterday.

I've always admired us going toe to toe with teams with our style. Be it Portsmouth or Marine.

But to go 5 at the back, especially when it didnt work. At Chesterfield, is madness.

It's all my fault.

b23

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2021, 12:46:15 PM »

I lost a lot of respect for Phil yesterday.

I've always admired us going toe to toe with teams with our style. Be it Portsmouth or Marine.

But to go 5 at the back, especially when it didnt work. At Chesterfield, is madness.

Correct...it didn't work first half at Chesterfield and he changed it. Not sure what happened yesterday. Presume just trying to keep the score down second half which we did thanks in part to Stockport taking it easy on us

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2021, 12:48:19 PM »

The formation was as baffling as the absence of Hampson and Pringle
Full time and proud of it

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2021, 01:50:21 PM »

To be fair to Thompson, his distribution is an integral part of our game. The reason a lot go astray is because he’s trying to pick people out.

I’m sure if we told him just to T**t every back pass he’d have no problems whatsoever.

Yeah, today was wank but let’s keep our nerve and f**k it off and move on.

Every so often this can happen, some days you’re the hammer other says you’re the nail. I’m not happy but the general direction is positive so let’s crack on.

We did try to keep playing I suppose

I’m not happy clapping btw 😂

This wasn't a hammering as a one off. We've been pretty appalling for large chunks of the past 2 month.

Our current trajectory is not positive.
It's all my fault.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2021, 10:06:47 PM »

If you think Alty are playing bad you should have just watched what sh*te that lot at OT have just served up.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2021, 11:37:02 PM »

Only one game on  tonight and it was a draw

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2021, 03:14:16 PM »

We have only lost 2 games by more than one goal. This was the only game when we were really out of it.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2021, 05:08:56 PM »

We have only lost 2 games by more than one goal. This was the only game when we were really out of it.

Until today.....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stockport County Match Thread