Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Carlisle reduce capacity to 9,999 in response to "vaccine passports"!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Carlisle reduce capacity to 9,999 in response to "vaccine passports"!  (Read 8720 times)

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Carlisle reduce capacity to 9,999 in response to "vaccine passports"!
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2021, 06:26:05 PM »

If you think masks cut transmission by 75% then god help your science.

I'll wait until you provide a link to your peer reviewed evidence.  Until then, I'll assume that you haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about.
And btw, quoting something you've read on F'book/Twitter doesn't count as evidence.

RolfGoad

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2021, 06:41:54 PM »

But Facebook is where there real scientists go though!

Masks protect other people. If you don’t wear one, you’re being a selfish tool (unless, of course, there is a MEDICAL reason why you can’t wear one).

Such a moronic view to care about a little discomfort compared to potentially not harming those around you.

Incidentally my dad and his three mates aren’t going to Moss Lane because they’ve been on this forum and now think the club is overrun by covidiots. Presumably there’s more people out there giving the games a miss for the same reason. Losing the club money when they desperately need it for repairs, all because some clowns that have been on YouTube for 20 mins suddenly think they’re doctors. Absolute trash.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2021, 06:54:51 PM »

When I went to school 1,316 per 100,000 equalled 1.316%. Perhaps I should surrender my Maths O Level.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2021, 07:14:11 PM »

Incidentally my dad and his three mates aren’t going to Moss Lane because they’ve been on this forum and now think the club is overrun by covidiots. Presumably there’s more people out there giving the games a miss for the same reason. Losing the club money when they desperately need it for repairs, all because some clowns that have been on YouTube for 20 mins suddenly think they’re doctors. Absolute trash.

Exactly why i've been responding to the posts from Hugh recently... it's been harmless bollocks until recently, but it's become out of control.

I'm just not going to stand for it to over run in to pure malicious mis information.

RolfGoad

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2021, 07:17:22 PM »

It’s like a cartoon. I never thought people could be that stupid and selfish in real life. Ah well, all that matters is them thinking that they’re better than us sheeple. Doesn’t matter who they harm or what it does to the club they claim to love.

Good for them!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 07:20:26 PM by RolfGoad »

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2021, 07:30:23 PM »

I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how informed or deluded they might be. Disagreement over views to do with covid don't solve anything and only result in angry posts between people who will never be persuaded to change their views.
I'll be much happier when we all get back to talking about Alty and football in general.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

RolfGoad

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2021, 07:37:22 PM »

I couldn’t agree more. Sadly there’s a contingent on here that’s determined to dredge it up every chance they get. I think we know who that is, and I’m sure they enjoy the notoriety, but at this level it is harmful and can’t be ignored. What happened to having their own little thread where they can bleat on about their fairytales without infecting the rest of the board with it?

People have lost loved ones. Of course they’re going to be angry when they see this.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2021, 07:47:10 PM »

Yes, Rolf, I'd forgotten about the other thread on the forum for this stuff. It really should be limited to there so we can choose whether to get involved with it or not.
Can the mods make a pronouncement on that, I wonder?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2021, 08:13:48 PM »

When I went to school 1,316 per 100,000 equalled 1.316%. Perhaps I should surrender my Maths O Level.

Sorry, you're right! I looked at the figures several times too. Good job you quit at O'level. I've got A level  :)

I'm out by a factor of ten so if it doubles every 2.5 days 1.3, 2.6, 5.2, 10.4 it will take another 10 days or so to get to where I thought it was. Lets call it two weeks.

At that point 1 in 8 people on average will be positive.  How big is the squad?

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2021, 09:50:27 PM »

Sorry, you're right! I looked at the figures several times too. Good job you quit at O'level. I've got A level  :)

I'm out by a factor of ten so if it doubles every 2.5 days 1.3, 2.6, 5.2, 10.4 it will take another 10 days or so to get to where I thought it was. Lets call it two weeks.

By which time we may know more about how Ill people get with omicron. The scientists are good at that.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2021, 10:20:48 PM »

By which time we may know more about how Ill people get with omicron. The scientists are good at that.

Yes, big hope is it won't affect many badly. Until that is proven we are stuck with the cautious approach of isolating if you've got it or if you haven't been vaccinated and you come into contact with someone who has it.

It's a personal choice but I wonder how many of the players haven't been vaccinated? One case could cause big ripples as I'm sure is the case elsewhere.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2021, 10:51:37 PM »

Yes, big hope is it won't affect many badly. Until that is proven we are stuck with the cautious approach of isolating if you've got it or if you haven't been vaccinated and you come into contact with someone who has it.

It's a personal choice but I wonder how many of the players haven't been vaccinated? One case could cause big ripples as I'm sure is the case elsewhere.

It doesn't exactly answer your question, but the EFL announced today that 25% of players do not intend to get vaccinated, although these were figures taken in November, so the recent growth in the Omicron variant may have affected this.

There do seem to be good grounds for hope that Omicron has little serious effect on the large majority of people who are infected, although that could still mean a sizeable number of people do suffer given its escalating growth.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2021, 11:31:10 PM »

But Facebook is where there real scientists go though!

Masks protect other people. If you don’t wear one, you’re being a selfish tool (unless, of course, there is a MEDICAL reason why you can’t wear one).

Such a moronic view to care about a little discomfort compared to potentially not harming those around you.

Wow.....you are saying 4 adults are no longer coming to games because they have decided that the club is overrun by covidiots having read this forum. Now that really is a mathematical statistic to take note of.....4 or 5 on here express an opinion that disagrees with those we hear and see on the TV versus say 1500 in the ground.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

RolfGoad

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2021, 11:39:07 PM »

Yeah, amazingly enough, I can only put forward what I know to be fact. I ASSUME there will be more, but certainly can’t attest to it.

People have died, people are still dying, and you’re using it as a cosplay to be smarter than actual experts. You’re making a mockery of people’s suffering, and you’re doing it on a football forum.

Shut up about your tin foil hat wearing bollocks. You’re causing actual strife to people who are f**king grieving. Get a f**king grip. This is real life. These are PEOPLE

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2021, 12:02:16 AM »

Give your head a wobble, calm down and read my post.....you said people are no longer coming because they think the club is overrun with covidiots....your words. My post was on the basis that this fact (?) had been reached by reading this forum - a few views you do not agree with from at worst 4 or 5 people. The club has a few thousand supporters, so my challenge is why somebody would feel the club is now being taken over on the basis of 5 adverse posters ?

Fail to see where my post is doing any of the other outrageous things your rant accuses me of.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Carlisle reduce capacity to 9,999 in response to "vaccine passports"!