Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Carlisle reduce capacity to 9,999 in response to "vaccine passports"!
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Carlisle reduce capacity to 9,999 in response to "vaccine passports"!  (Read 8094 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Allegedly. If this is true, it raises a number of questions, but first and foremost, is there any clarification yet of whether this will affect us at all?

And have we made our plans for the Wrexham and Stockport games yet? At the moment, I am assuming that, one way or another, there will be hoops to jump through to attend, and therefore, as things stand, I do not intend to try. Hopefully things will be more or less back to normal after that, though I am not banking on it by any means.

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
Re: Carlisle reduce capacity to 9,999 in response to "vaccine passports"!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 08:31:24 PM »

Barrow reduced theirs to 3999 for tonight's FA Cup game v Ipswich

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 08:54:40 PM »

Given the projections for infections I can't see things improving for entertainment venues improving before March.

I can't see us getting close to 4000 once Wrexham and Stockport are out of the way but it's going to be a headache for a lot of clubs

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 12:44:57 AM »

Allegedly. If this is true, it raises a number of questions, but first and foremost, is there any clarification yet of whether this will affect us at all?

And have we made our plans for the Wrexham and Stockport games yet? At the moment, I am assuming that, one way or another, there will be hoops to jump through to attend, and therefore, as things stand, I do not intend to try. Hopefully things will be more or less back to normal after that, though I am not banking on it by any means.
Regarding Carlisle’s capacity cut, I think we can safely say that this won’t affect us.

Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 09:06:08 AM »

A bigger worry will be holding Omicron at bay as far as the team is concerned. Timperley currently has the highest density of Omicron in England.

As of last nights figures it was 13% of the population (in Timperley Ward) and it's supposed to double every two to three days. The rest of the country will follow.

Sadly, I think putting a team out will be difficult by Christmas. I hope I'm wrong.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2021, 10:49:27 AM »

A bigger worry will be holding Omicron at bay as far as the team is concerned. Timperley currently has the highest density of Omicron in England.

As of last nights figures it was 13% of the population (in Timperley Ward) and it's supposed to double every two to three days. The rest of the country will follow.

Sadly, I think putting a team out will be difficult by Christmas. I hope I'm wrong.

You, like many others, are being misled by the Government's rather scary method of quoting figures. Timperley has 1,316 cases per 100,000 people. The population is less than 12,000 so divide 1,316 by 8.5 and there are actually about 155 cases

That's worrying enough, but nowhere near as bad as you thought !

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2021, 11:15:05 AM »

Who are these people, and what is their vax status? My money is plenty of them being children with a sniffle, the un vaxed who are in a worse way and very few 'break through cases'.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2021, 12:17:02 PM »

Hugh is gonna love this part of my response...

Omicron is not as dangerous as the other variants, it's far more virulent than the others. It's effects are so far showing to be far less damaging, and less deadly. Brilliant news for everyone this.

He's gonna hate this next part though... because it involves scientific method.

We need to observe the effects over a larger timeframe to confirm the initial findings are correct. So we need to increase some of the measures in order to protect the vulnerable while we ascertain this. Also there is always the risk that it could evolve again as it is extremely contagious, which could bring about the humanity ender (not hyperbole, a real potential outcome).

Vaccine passports are an infringement on human rights, sure, but they are less of an infringement than being locked in our homes for an indefinite period.

The real answer though is masks... if we all just wore a face mask when in public we'd be reducing transmission by 75%... that way you can get vaccinated or not, you've just used a piece of fabric to reduce your risk to similar levels as a vaccine.

Problem is that the previously anti mask types are now anti vaxers and, well, that's where the stupidity really starts.

Another simple solution, vaccinated people are not charged for their burden on the system in the case that they fall ill after being vaccinated. Non-vaccinated end up with a positive test and medical issues, they have to pay for their healthcare. Then the world is free to make a choice, if you dismiss the dangers of coronavirus you are free to gamble with your bank account.

Authoritarian? Yes
Put an end to all the complaints against vaccines and regulations? Absolutely

One thing it does show is there is no winning with this situation. However at this point Darwinism is becoming my favourite option.

Anyway, on the subject of Altrincham FC, we're not going to need to worry about reducing capacity. We're going to need to worry about having any games to play at all currently... Although I'm pretty sure we've not discussed the need for a winter break in a while.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2021, 01:10:13 PM »

If you think masks cut transmission by 75% then god help your science.

Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2021, 02:23:04 PM »

You, like many others, are being misled by the Government's rather scary method of quoting figures. Timperley has 1,316 cases per 100,000 people. The population is less than 12,000 so divide 1,316 by 8.5 and there are actually about 155 cases

That's worrying enough, but nowhere near as bad as you thought !

I don't think I'm being misled by anyone. 13% is 13%. The figure is for Timperley South which had 101 cases for the week 7th - 13 Dec.
If Omicron make up half of those cases (50) and the numbers are doubling every 2.5 days  that means today (16th)  there will be 100 Omicron cases plus quite a few of the Delta cases still running plus some new Delta cases
By Sunday it will be 200 cases of Omicron + whatever Delta is left
That's a four fold increase in Omicron in a week. Probably not too bad by Boxing Day but the spike is going to be huge especially if you remember that it takes a couple of weeks for the booster to have an effect. January is going to be interesting. I don't think anyone is cancelling their Christmas plans

The symptoms may be non-existent or mild but at the moment if you test positive the government is insisting on isolation for ten days so I think there will be some effect on the team before too long. Assuming they are testing regularly even nonsymptomatic cases will be picked up.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2021, 02:27:56 PM »

If you think masks cut transmission by 75% then god help your science.
Science doesn't need the help of God.

You are also right, it's probably higher than 75% in a situation where all are masked with the optimal level of protection (N95).

If a simple cloth mask has 50% effectiveness in reducing transmission and if there are two people wearing masks they are are providing theirselves 75% effectiveness in reducing transmission.

Here, a nice friendly YouTube video that explains it a little https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y47t9qLc9I4

N95 has been found to have a higher than 50% effectiveness rate, seen as high as 95% effective in stopping transmission of covid sized particles. How? Multi layered, electro statically charged particles and other pieces of fantastic scientific discovery humanity has made. I've got another video for you on that here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAdanPfQdCA

Here are some links to peer reviewed sources with a variety of positive outcomes to this sentiment. No outrageous headlines, no conjecture, just the results of actual experiments and aggregation from multiple data sources to draw a conclusion with.

https://www.epa.gov/sciencematters/epa-researchers-test-effectiveness-face-masks-disinfection-methods-against-covid-19
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/masking-science-sars-cov2.html

Not enough info? In the CDC article there are 90 citations of independent studies performed worldwide that corroborate this information and provide further reading.

But yeah, it's clear at this point I'm just pulling these numbers from nowhere and the government is just the Illuminati and had a hand in creating a virus that is capable of spreading with ease and killing for fun.

Anyway, back to my earlier point, winter break? good idea or not?

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2021, 04:12:38 PM »

i dont know what level of protection my triple layered mask gives,but i will continue to wear it.
Harold

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2021, 04:57:11 PM »

By all means wear an FFP2 or 3 mask to protect yourself.

Anything else is pure theatre and the reports are not real world ones.

If you can take a step back and think to yourself that the virus is really dangerous but yet you will put your faith in a loose crappy mask then fill your boots Dr Love.

Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

RolfGoad

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2021, 05:23:57 PM »

One person quotes scientific research and submits their sources, other people reply by just saying ‘nah’.

I’ll believe the doctors thanks. Pretty sure they’re in the know. Hugh and other people like their little delves into conspiracy nonsense, which is fine, until it gets to a point where it’s actually leading to people becoming ill, or potentially dying, because Jeremy Corbyn’s dad said that masks are for Nazis. Embarrassing to see that sh*te spewed on this forum. Shameful.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2021, 05:49:42 PM »

"Vaccine passports are an infringement on human rights, sure, but they are less of an infringement than being locked in our homes for an indefinite period"...……...Hmmm.....getting sent to prison for a murder you did not commit is less of an infringement than being hung for it.

"vaccinated people are not charged for their burden on the system in the case that they fall ill after being vaccinated"...……..Could also charge people who smoke, have a BMI of 25+ or who get injured whilst playing sport to make sure they pay for their burden on the system also

::) ::)
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Carlisle reduce capacity to 9,999 in response to "vaccine passports"!