PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Notts County Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Notts County Match Thread  (Read 9634 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Notts County Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2021, 04:15:02 PM »

Apparently, Andy White had a fantastic game in FCUM's win at Buxton yesterday. When can we have him back?

The main problem is the 3 centre forwards. For me, Peers is the best of them and the other two need shipping out asap with Peers used as an impact sub.

Presumably, Jackson and Mooney are being saved for the Christmas fixtures.

We are a very good team, with a strong manager with an attractive footballing ethos. Obviously, we can make it into the top half with a small tweak or two - will probably need to get lucky with a loan striker.

I didn't go yesterday. I wouldn't have had a go at the team myself, but I suppose, if people have paid to attend, they have the right to do so.

I would have thought if Mooney is fit then surely he plays.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2021, 04:17:58 PM »

Apparently, Andy White had a fantastic game in FCUM's win at Buxton yesterday. When can we have him back?

The main problem is the 3 centre forwards. For me, Peers is the best of them and the other two need shipping out asap with Peers used as an impact sub.

We are a very good team, with a strong manager with an attractive footballing ethos. Obviously, we can make it into the top half with a small tweak or two - will probably need to get lucky with a loan striker.

I didn't go yesterday. I wouldn't have had a go at the team myself, but I suppose, if people have paid to attend, they have the right to do so.

Agreed, good well-reasoned post.

I wonder if Phil plans to give the current squad until a certain gatepost (new year?) before making some drastic movements - I agree all striking options have had enough of an opportunity now and simply haven't taken them.

Kosylo isn't prolific enough to be a False 9, I'd much rather see him as a combative 10 with Hancock in front of him. Seems we're all mostly at a consensus of what the front four should be, we just very rarely get to see it.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2021, 04:35:35 PM »

I wonder if Phil plans to give the current squad until a certain gatepost (new year?) before making some drastic movements - I agree all striking options have had enough of an opportunity now and simply haven't taken them.

Kosylo isn't prolific enough to be a False 9, I'd much rather see him as a combative 10 with Hancock in front of him. Seems we're all mostly at a consensus of what the front four should be, we just very rarely get to see it.

Football is a team game but I alway feel were sacraficing Kosylo in that role but that may be because of who plays 9. Mainly Kosylo will search for the ball which leaves nobody arriving on the penalty spot for pull back.

Based on last night I'd start Hancock up top with 2 of Mooney Colclough Kosylo with the other being 1st sub if available.

It's all my fault.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2021, 05:05:58 PM »

One other thing that I think is worth a mention is that both Pringle and Mooney are very Left footed in as much as they only really use the right foot to stand on.. I feel that the opposition soon suss that out and force them on to their right side.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2021, 08:06:47 PM »

I thought that Alty played well and easily matched County in what was in a very entertaining game.  I am glad that I went and we deserved to make it to a penalty shootout.  There was also a bad decision by the Referee not to give us a penalty close to the end of a game in which he seemed to give them everything and us completely jack.

I agree with other posts that mention that a good poacher could of had 3-4 goals from crosses across the box and from other chances that just went begging.

We are not far away from having a stonking good team and until we find the right formula I think that there is no cause for verbal crap to be directed at the management and players.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2021, 08:13:30 PM »

I saw Notts County playing away against Mansfield the season they were relegated. Being a local derby I'd guess they had around 1500 in the away end.

Once things started to go against them a section of fans started booing much to the annoyance of some of their neighbours. Quite a big brawl ensued ending with the police ejecting at least 20 or 30 of them.

For a while it was more entertaining than the football.

I'm happy with the effort that is going in to our games. We need a bit of luck to break the run.

andrewflynn

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2021, 09:39:41 AM »

Best away end in years, particularly in the first half. I hope it went some way towards reminding the players and management of the support they have.

I thought we played quite well and were really unlucky not to at least have a crack at a penalty shoot out. We edged good chunks of the game, without really having the sharp bite to make it all matter. I really liked the approach with three in midfield and I'd definitely like to see that again over these next three tough games. Still not completely sold on Porter but I think having Moult and Furman in there with him definitely helped, and it was his best game in an Alty shirt. He's obviously got a lot of technical quality.

Our momentum died with the introduction of Dinanga, unfortunately, although I'm not sure what bringing him on for a cameo on the wing was going to achieve.

Completely agree with posts praising Senior, we'll do well to keep him in January let alone next summer. Wonderful player. Pringle impressive again too. Thompson fantastic. That was a step back in the right direction.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2021, 09:58:13 AM »

The away end, especially given the circumstances, was bouncing. A few new chants in the mix but one of the atmosphere where the chants kept rolling on (something I feel we lost with the lack of alcohol on terraces and Hulme chant retiring).

These players, or any that wear the Altrincham shirt, will get backed, but they have to match the terrace energy otherwise you get flat games like Southend.

New chants included:

Chester get battered, Macc Town they fold, Northwich are irrelevant, Altrincham score Goals, Altrincham score Goals.

And I like it, I like it, I like it, I like it
I li-li-like it, li-li-li
Here we go, Colclough and Kosy-looo

He's dynamite when he is on the ball,
He can tackle, pass and he can score,
Our 24,
I don't know if he could do much more,
Seniorrrrr,
He's the boy that Altrincham adore
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 10:46:47 AM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2021, 10:43:20 AM »

The away end, especially given the circumstances, was bouncing. A few new chants in the mix but one of the atmosphere where the chants kept rolling on (something I feel we lost with the lack of alcohol on terraces and Hulme chant retiring).

These players, or any that wear the Altrincham shirt, will get backed, but they have to match the terrace energy otherwise you get flat games like Southend.

New chants included:

Chester get battered, Macc Town they fold, Northwich are irrelevant, Altrincham score Goals, Altrincham score Goals.

Seniooooor, he's the boy Altrincham adore.
Our twenty fouuurrr, I don't know if he can do much more.

He's dynamite when he is on the ball,
He can tackle, pass and he can score,
Our 24,
I don't know if he could do much more,
Seniorrrrr,
He's the boy that Altrincham adore

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2021, 10:49:22 AM »

Football is a team game but I alway feel were sacraficing Kosylo in that role but that may be because of who plays 9. Mainly Kosylo will search for the ball which leaves nobody arriving on the penalty spot for pull back.

Based on last night I'd start Hancock up top with 2 of Mooney Colclough Kosylo with the other being 1st sub if available.

I agree with you Hashtag (there's a first time for everything!)

Josh and Matty definitely bring different qualities to number 10, which is why I'd probably play them in tandem through the middle at false 9 and combative 10 (i.e. I'd play all four of them together when fit, why not).

We see what happens with settled XIs - look at West Ham this season - so I'd definitely like to go into the new year almost being sure of 10 of the starting 11, with maybe Jake's partner being the only position of contention.

I do think we miss having an old school winger like Brad Jackson available too, to stretch games and put it about a bit.

Do we have Joel Senior tied down beyond the end of the season?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 10:51:10 AM by MarpleAlty »

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2021, 10:55:32 AM »

I bloody hope so!! He must be attracting interest

andrewflynn

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2021, 11:07:57 AM »

I bloody hope so!! He must be attracting interest

It was announced on 1st July that he had signed a new deal: https://www.altrinchamfc.com/news/senior-moment-we-were-all-hoping-for-joel-signs-a-new-deal

It refers to 'a new one-year deal' so unless that was an extension on an existing contract, which I doubt, then we may be at risk of losing him on a free at the end of the season. Eek.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2021, 11:47:27 AM »

I agree with you Hashtag (there's a first time for everything!)

Josh and Matty definitely bring different qualities to number 10, which is why I'd probably play them in tandem through the middle at false 9 and combative 10 (i.e. I'd play all four of them together when fit, why not).

We see what happens with settled XIs - look at West Ham this season - so I'd definitely like to go into the new year almost being sure of 10 of the starting 11, with maybe Jake's partner being the only position of contention.

I do think we miss having an old school winger like Brad Jackson available too, to stretch games and put it about a bit.

Its a Christmas Miracle! :)

I agree on the Moult position, Furman or Pringle should be the only choice. Kirbys loss was a huge loss.
It's all my fault.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2021, 07:52:44 PM »

The goals are now on Youtube.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Notts County Match Thread