PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bromley Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Bromley Match Thread  (Read 16725 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bromley Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2021, 10:35:06 PM »

There must be a few jokes there but I'm too knackered to think of any. See you at the game tomorrow.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2021, 10:36:38 PM »

A couple of things are brought to mind by comments on this thread.
In no particular order
When I am trying to drive out of Golf Road post match I am horrified, petrified and disgusted even by people not only just setting sail across the road with no consideration of the vehicular traffic but make Abusive signs and comments toward drivers who have the temerity to not stop immediately.
Point 2 is that, given the revised regulations relating to the perimeter fence, there are going to be some disenchanted youngsters at the game. If you are the parent or guardian of one of these children please (and I know it's not going to be easy or pleasant) try to remain as compliant with the requests of the Stewards as possible.  Any significant issues tomorrow may adversely affect chances of a reasonable capacity over Christmas/New Year

Point 3
When I have been to both Old Trafford grounds, The Etihad and the Academy Stadium I have been searched, including being 'wanded' It took seconds and caused me no issues. I was similarly checked at the Southend game by a very polite steward who fully explained the process to me and those around me

Better turnstile security means hopefully nothing criminal happens, and that's a good thing ATS
It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2021, 10:38:14 PM »

If I were able to get to home games I would be quite pi$$ed off with these new protocols, BUT, especially considering the actions of TMBC, I would think of the club and the need to get ourselves able to take in the biggest crowds possible.
With AFC being such a friendly and welcoming club, it goes totally against the grain.

Now, these wands; I wonder if they are like the one my ex used to have!

That's why I suggested to Nigel, and the club, we have club ambassador as the first touch point - our stewards that are actually fans.

You usually have a friendly check-in at an airport before the hard fave security.
It's all my fault.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2021, 10:41:15 PM »

If I were able to get to home games I would be quite pi$$ed off with these new protocols, BUT, especially considering the actions of TMBC, I would think of the club and the need to get ourselves able to take in the biggest crowds possible.
With AFC being such a friendly and welcoming club, it goes totally against the grain.

Now, these wands; I wonder if they are like the one my ex used to have!

That's why I suggested to Nigel, and the club, we have club ambassador as the first touch point - our stewards that are actually fans.

You usually have a friendly check-in at an airport before the hard fave security.

Good idea well made!

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2021, 12:11:21 AM »

A couple of things are brought to mind by comments on this thread.
In no particular order
When I am trying to drive out of Golf Road post match I am horrified, petrified and disgusted even by people not only just setting sail across the road with no consideration of the vehicular traffic but make Abusive signs and comments toward drivers who have the temerity to not stop immediately.
Point 2 is that, given the revised regulations relating to the perimeter fence, there are going to be some disenchanted youngsters at the game. If you are the parent or guardian of one of these children please (and I know it's not going to be easy or pleasant) try to remain as compliant with the requests of the Stewards as possible.  Any significant issues tomorrow may adversely affect chances of a reasonable capacity over Christmas/New Year

Point 3
When I have been to both Old Trafford grounds, The Etihad and the Academy Stadium I have been searched, including being 'wanded' It took seconds and caused me no issues. I was similarly checked at the Southend game by a very polite steward who fully explained the process to me and those around me

Better turnstile security means hopefully nothing criminal happens, and that's a good thing ATS

It's Moss Lane FFS, not OT or the Etihad.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2021, 12:30:12 AM »

Let's hope the discussion on here after 3:00pm tomorrow is focussed on the football, rather than on complaints from fans not used to being micro-managed by over zealous stewards.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2021, 07:37:00 AM »

You can walk in somewhere and be wanded without even noticing. Considering lower league football
Grounds could easily be a soft target it’s nether here nor there if it helps
Public safety. . You aren’t stopped and frisked they run their arm Up and down in about three seconds. It’s not Darth Vader attacking you with a light sabre. We just need to play ball with these idiots from Trafford until it settles down which it will, or until people vote a council in thats more business focused and not a bunch of busy f**kers. Like we had in the good old days

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2021, 08:39:09 AM »

Its no hardship being search or scanned,so why all the fuss?,if it makes it that we comply with the councils rules then so be it.I was search at both Torquay and Weymouth this season and  i remember being searched at Bristol Rovers,so its not new.
Harold

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2021, 09:22:20 AM »

We were searched at Weymouth fc Chesterfield fc  Winanton races, Ludlow races, Wentworth golf club. It’s just security checks, it’s just the way things are nowadays, if you want to blame anybody how about the crazy bastards that sadly want to cause harm and misery.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2021, 04:42:51 PM »

If you don't want to be searched what do you have to hide ? Tins of Alcohol etc
Most places now have search procedures in place especially Manchester. Is everyone forgetting there
was a bomb attack 4 years ago.
@AltyDaz

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2021, 05:49:44 PM »

Again very polite and unobtrusive "wanding' today other than inadvertently poking me in the crown jewels with it.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2021, 05:58:13 PM »

We missed enough chances to win three games today which is something we need to address urgently.

We also witnessed one of the worst refereeing performance for many a moon if only in terms of consistency or rather lack of it. How we collected, I believe 5 cautions and them none escapes me

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2021, 06:03:04 PM »

The referee was the worst I've seen in years and years - easily the worst and really should not be allowed to officiate at any level of the game ever again.
However, we didn't lose the game today because of him. We lost because we don't have a single decent number 9 in the squad. It's getting bloody tedious now.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 06:43:21 PM by Alty Bri »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2021, 06:37:29 PM »

While the ref was shocking he's not the reason why we lost.

First half we just didn't turn up again fully deserved to be behind. This needs sorting out because chasing games is sh*t.

Second half was much improved (again) how we've scored 3 or 4 is down to not having a goal scoring striker. The Hampson miss will never be explained.

Porters' best game I've seen

Pitch was excellent
Full time and proud of it

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2021, 07:01:03 PM »

Weird game.  They started far, far stronger than us and after 10 minutes it looked as though the afternoon was going to be a torrid affair.  By contrast, we dominated the second half and on another day, and with a proven goalscorer, we could have scored 5 or more. The atmosphere in the first half was awful......really awful.

A couple of things re. stewarding.  In contrast to what ATS said, the guy who 'wanded' me on entry to GR was not polite, either to me, or to the chap who went in front of me.  I don't expect to be spoken to so abruptly in my professional life, and so I certainly won't accept it when I have paid to enjoy a social event.

The micro-managing going on outside and in the ground currently is not necessary.  I was in the town centre in the hour or so before the match and it was packed, yet there was open access to the shops, market, tram etc. and not a security guard insight.  Yet some on here seem to think that we are a prime target - seriously?  Last word on this, if the Club has paid steward no. 846 to check wristbands in the GR, then we're giving money away - the only 'work' he did was to pick on the 5 or 6 young chaps standing in front of me and my pal, and having checked one of their wristbands, make them move to another part of the ground.  Whether the wristband was the correct one for the GR or not, it was pathetic watching this being played out.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bromley Match Thread