PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bromley Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Bromley Match Thread  (Read 16766 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Bromley Match Thread
« on: December 09, 2021, 09:41:21 AM »

Thompson

Senior. Mularkey. Hannigan  Hampson

Moult.  Pringle

Mooney.   Kosylo. Colclough

Leitch-Smith

Only real decisions are who plays next to Moult and who leads the line.
Alty 2-1 Bromley (Mooney, Moult)
Full time and proud of it

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bromley Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 11:09:57 AM »

I want a clean sheet. Come on, we can do that.

One nil Alty win.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 01:46:52 PM »

I want a clean sheet. Come on, we can do that.

One nil Alty win.
I'd be happy with a slightly  soiled sheet and 5-1.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 09:53:29 PM »

Statement now on the club site. I'd already decided not to go on Saturday, but if metal detector body searches by our friendly new stewards are to become the norm, then I'll be giving up attending games. It's not my idea of a match day experience, and I may watch my games further down the pyramid in future.

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021, 11:00:48 PM »

If we are using metal detectors  - wands - then surely this is because TBC have told us we have to - don't imagine we are doing it for fun.  What should we do - tell Trafford where to stick them and see the ground closed down? Surely boycotting the club just loses us support and revenue and hurts the club even more when we have lost a fortune the last few weeks anyway

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2021, 11:32:34 PM »

All seems very heavy handed. Reports from the Southend game suggest the stewards don’t deserve any respect if they are manhandling fans

Will all grounds in Trafford have metal detectors e.g Trafford FC for 200 fans or are TBC just singling us out

Very patronising statement too. I’m not 5 so don’t need to be told not to stand in the road

Salfordalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2021, 08:20:38 AM »

Statement now on the club site. I'd already decided not to go on Saturday, but if metal detector body searches by our friendly new stewards are to become the norm, then I'll be giving up attending games. It's not my idea of a match day experience, and I may watch my games further down the pyramid in future.

Don't be so daft. Body searches and bag searches are common at most grounds at this level and above these days. Way the world is. You don't stop supporting your club because of it.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2021, 08:27:40 AM »

All seems very heavy handed. Reports from the Southend game suggest the stewards don’t deserve any respect if they are manhandling fans

Will all grounds in Trafford have metal detectors e.g Trafford FC for 200 fans or are TBC just singling us out

Very patronising statement too. I’m not 5 so don’t need to be told not to stand in the road

Judging by the fact that our supporters do often stand in the road - I don't see any issue in them having to ask us not to.

Seriously, it's hardly tyranny is it?! - it's to keep us all safe and prove we can open up again fully.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2021, 09:18:39 AM »

So let's assume you turn up at your appointed turnstile tomorrow and there's a queue of 50 people snaking out into Golf Road (that's the only place where people queue in the road). What's your solution?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2021, 09:45:37 AM »

When Alty are playing away I sometimes go to watch a Div 2 club and have been searched with and without a wand on several occasions. It comes with the territory. It doesn't happen every time but the possibility is there.

Regarding the standing in the road this is likely to become a headache. The entry by Dawn's cafe is not ideal. Once the search procedures are introduced it will take longer to get through the turnstiles leading to bigger queues.  The only way to avoid that is to have more turnstiles. Fans who go to away matches will recognise that most of the ex league grounds we go to do have many more turnstiles than us.

One way forward would be to put another entry in the Pop side / Chequers corner. People would then be able to queue in safety to get in to the Pop side and it would allow people to get in to the Golf Road End from both ends of that stand.

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2021, 09:46:30 AM »

So let's assume you turn up at your appointed turnstile tomorrow and there's a queue of 50 people snaking out into Golf Road (that's the only place where people queue in the road). What's your solution?

No solution needed. I’m in the main stand

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2021, 11:27:16 AM »

Don't be so daft. Body searches and bag searches are common at most grounds at this level and above these days. Way the world is. You don't stop supporting your club because of it.

Daft ? I can support my team in many ways that don't necessarily involve attending matches. I was perfectly happy with live streaming last season (I'd be prepared to pay a premium if it were available again) and can follow matches on Radio Robins. Goal highlights are generally available on YouTube. I can wait for them. I'm 74 with a dodgy back, but don't generally like sitting down at games. I'd like to just get in without any hassle and stand in my usual spot on the Popular Side - if I can't, then some enjoyment has been taken away.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2021, 11:35:00 AM »

Isn't that mitigated by the fact that we're progressing to a level where this is required and we're seeing the best Alty side in almost a generation?
I know that clinches it for us anyway.

PS. I'm only three years behind you and with a bad back, diabetes and two dodgy hips! 😉 😂😂
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 11:36:57 AM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2021, 12:25:31 PM »

Draconian it might be but it is what it is. Lots of stuff going on that's a pain in the arse just got to suck it up.

Attendance capped at 2500
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2021, 01:18:35 PM »

2500 is plenty for the Bromley game.
If we jump through the hoops and there are no problems then we can expect 4000+ for the christmas and new year matches and the rest of the season.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bromley Match Thread