PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "Vaccine passports" to be introduced for outdoor standing venues of 4,000 plus
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: "Vaccine passports" to be introduced for outdoor standing venues of 4,000 plus  (Read 5273 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

(I.E. potentially ML). No blooming comment.
Enjoy
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 02:36:42 AM by Hugh »

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Luckily those good guys at Trafford Council - the ones who preside over disgusting dirty pavements, full of litter, leaves that fell off trees 10 weeks ago, blocked drains, pot holes, uneven flagstones and numerous areas of standing water - have graciously re-assessed capacity at 3999
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile

Luckily, for sporting events its 10,000.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Am I correct in thinking that we'll get the reassessed capacity for the JDS from the Council some time on Friday?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Where do you get that from? BBC sources say "4000 unseated outdoors"

I can't see us getting 4000 even for the Stockport match.

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Never mind the dirty pavements, litter everywhere fallen trees, smelly drains, pot holes etc etc etc they write amazing corporate policies, have amazing risk assessments and procedures which matter zero to Joe public! SBL

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

If I read it right it's unseated outside events of 4,000 and all events of 10,000

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

So we're ok with 4000 standing plus the 1300 odd seats? If so, that'll be plenty!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile

Where do you get that from? BBC sources say "4000 unseated outdoors"

I can't see us getting 4000 even for the Stockport match.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/59575982

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Thanks Seth. I think you need to read as far as paragraph 6. Whoever produced the piece obviously doesn't realise that there are still football grounds albeit outside the football league that have terracing where standing is the done thing

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

That is measured on capacity, not the actual turnout, or am I being a bit dim?

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

It talks about crowds over.......   so I think it means attendees. How do you know the number of attendees unless you can control sales on the gate?

It's mad. Obviously The Etihad or Old Trafford will get over 10000 but what about somewhere like The Macron? They might on Boxing Day but possibly not for a normal league fixture.

And then you get Boris saying you can attend if you have a negative lateral flow test. There's no way that can be policed. Are you supposed to do one at the ground or bring one along that you did earlier, bought from a friend, found lying in the street. It's a total farce.

With any luck this will be one headache our board won't have to worry about.

I'm hoping for a good game on Saturday just to take everyone's minds off this crap.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

It talks about crowds over.......   so I think it means attendees. How do you know the number of attendees unless you can control sales on the gate?

It's mad. Obviously The Etihad or Old Trafford will get over 10000 but what about somewhere like The Macron? They might on Boxing Day but possibly not for a normal league fixture.

And then you get Boris saying you can attend if you have a negative lateral flow test. There's no way that can be policed. Are you supposed to do one at the ground or bring one along that you did earlier, bought from a friend, found lying in the street. It's a total farce.

With any luck this will be one headache our board won't have to worry about.

I'm hoping for a good game on Saturday just to take everyone's minds off this crap.

There’s no way they’ll be checking all 75,000 at Old Trafford for example for their Covid status, otherwise the game wouldn’t start until Midnight. They’ll just do spot checks at random on people. I don’t think it will be too over zealous.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

1) How do you know the number of attendees unless you can control sales on the gate?

1) That's why I think it's capacity, not actual gate. You sell xxx tickets and nobody needs to bring anything, but sell xxx +1 and everyone needs to be contacted and told they need to bring some proof with them. I don't really know, I just assumed it would have to be based on capacity.

2) Yes please.

Beer time.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

1) How do you know the number of attendees unless you can control sales on the gate?

1) That's why I think it's capacity, not actual gate. You sell xxx tickets and nobody needs to bring anything, but sell xxx +1 and everyone needs to be contacted and told they need to bring some proof with them. I don't really know, I just assumed it would have to be based on capacity.

2) Yes please.

Beer time.

The answers do indicate the uncertainty of this benighted idea, which was down to a panicked Boris Johnson trying to secure his position, regardless of the consequences. Possibly, as most of Meadow Lane will be closed when we visit Notts County, the capacity will be reduced so it won't apply anyway, but who knows?

For what it's worth. some have compared the new regulations to what already applies in Wales. I went to a Cymru Premier game rather than to Adershot on Saturday, but everything at the match, although Cefn Druids were really not very good at all, and in the pub and on the train beforehand, were just like normal.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "Vaccine passports" to be introduced for outdoor standing venues of 4,000 plus