PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "Vaccine passports" to be introduced for outdoor standing venues of 4,000 plus
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "Vaccine passports" to be introduced for outdoor standing venues of 4,000 plus  (Read 5269 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

It talks about crowds over.......   so I think it means attendees. How do you know the number of attendees unless you can control sales on the gate?

It's mad. Obviously The Etihad or Old Trafford will get over 10000 but what about somewhere like The Macron? They might on Boxing Day but possibly not for a normal league fixture.

And then you get Boris saying you can attend if you have a negative lateral flow test. There's no way that can be policed. Are you supposed to do one at the ground or bring one along that you did earlier, bought from a friend, found lying in the street. It's a total farce.

With any luck this will be one headache our board won't have to worry about.

I'm hoping for a good game on Saturday just to take everyone's minds off this crap.

There’s no way they’ll be checking all 75,000 at Old Trafford for example for their Covid status, otherwise the game wouldn’t start until Midnight. They’ll just do spot checks at random on people. I don’t think it will be too over zealous.

Or they make take an approach like Airlines it's a requirement to add to your ticket, and then your entry is scanned and flags any non vaccinated.
It's all my fault.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

It talks about crowds over.......   so I think it means attendees. How do you know the number of attendees unless you can control sales on the gate?

It's mad. Obviously The Etihad or Old Trafford will get over 10000 but what about somewhere like The Macron? They might on Boxing Day but possibly not for a normal league fixture.

And then you get Boris saying you can attend if you have a negative lateral flow test. There's no way that can be policed. Are you supposed to do one at the ground or bring one along that you did earlier, bought from a friend, found lying in the street. It's a total farce.

With any luck this will be one headache our board won't have to worry about.

I'm hoping for a good game on Saturday just to take everyone's minds off this crap.

There’s no way they’ll be checking all 75,000 at Old Trafford for example for their Covid status, otherwise the game wouldn’t start until Midnight. They’ll just do spot checks at random on people. I don’t think it will be too over zealous.

Or they make take an approach like Airlines it's a requirement to add to your ticket, and then your entry is scanned and flags any non vaccinated.

I have heard that big clubs just check a random selection of fans as, to do them all, would be a bit of a nightmare.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

So we're ok with 4000 standing plus the 1300 odd seats? If so, that'll be plenty!

Will it though? Wrexham have been getting massive crowds, our crowds are up, and we got over three and a half thousand against County even in the NLN. I was thinking potentially 5,000 plus. If everything went according to plan, obviously.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Luckily, for sporting events its 10,000.

Where do you get that from? BBC sources say "4000 unseated outdoors"

I can't see us getting 4000 even for the Stockport match.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/59575982

"Any" unseated outdoor venue. The article could be clearer, but I don't think it's granting sport an exemption. Then again, I wouldn't expect better from the BBC after that Alty team formation they gave a while back...

Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 "Vaccine passports" to be introduced for outdoor standing venues of 4,000 plus