PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CSC Cup
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: CSC Cup  (Read 13672 times)

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
Re: CSC Cup
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2021, 04:56:09 PM »

He hasn't lost the players. They gave absolutely everything v Bromley.

I think what PP needs to start doing, is shedding a few of the players who simply are not performing. Last night was a good opportunity to see who those players are.

Then we need the miracle of finding a goalscoring striker who can take advantage of the brilliant service provided by Kosy, Mooney and Colclough. There must be one. Jeez, they could fill their boots with those 3 players around them.

We will raise our game v Stockport and Wrexham and get points.

You don't consistently under perform for so long if there's not an issue somewhere. The fact we turn up 2nd Half suggested things must be said at HT that aren't be adhered to first half.

But we're not consistently underperforming, we're going through a rough patch. It's christmas, we're 12th in the National League and you're questioning the manager? I'm not sure what you're looking for but I think he's getting absolutely everything from this squad he can. The fact you're questioning it just shows how much we've come on in the last few years.

Let's not lose sight of the aim for Altrincham in this division at the moment, which is to avoid being dragged into a relegation battle and to try and establish ourselves in this league. We're definitely doing that at this moment. I agree we're on a poor run and it needs to pick up but watch any "Philtrincham" team and you know that we're in every game and results will eventually come.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2021, 05:06:39 PM »

Well said Golfroader. 👍
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2021, 05:09:48 PM »

We're 12th in the league, for Christ's sake. Anyone familiar with the concept of 'form'?

I look forward to winning a couple on the bounce so everyone can debate whether or not we're getting promoted.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2021, 08:11:24 PM »

Parkinson can join if results don't pick up.
Get a grip mate.

Hashtag, I know you accused me of being patronising / condescending etc - but if I'm being really honest, it's really hard not to be when I see utter drivel written like this.

That means talking down to people Hashtag  ;)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2021, 09:28:53 AM »

Is there any feedback from the management team over the debacle the other night or any highlights?

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2021, 09:34:13 AM »

Wow, I'd actually missed the person suggesting he'd lost the players, that's worse than anything Hashtag has said.

Oh wait, it was Hashtag  ;D

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2021, 10:35:34 AM »

Is there any feedback from the management team over the debacle the other night or any highlights?

I'm already depressed - I don't need to see "highlights" of us getting dicked by NPL opposition.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2021, 02:25:23 PM »

Both of our goals were highlights. The rest can be edited out  :D

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2021, 07:35:42 AM »

There was one positive in that no one needed have worried about social distancing! SBL

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2021, 09:32:41 AM »

I think what PP needs to start doing, is shedding a few of the players who simply are not performing. Last night was a good opportunity to see who those players are.

Then we need the miracle of finding a goalscoring striker who can take advantage of the brilliant service provided by Kosy, Mooney and Colclough. There must be one. Jeez, they could fill their boots with those 3 players around them.

You don't consistently under perform for so long if there's not an issue somewhere. The fact we turn up 2nd Half suggested things must be said at HT that aren't be adhered to first half.

But we're not consistently underperforming, we're going through a rough patch. It's christmas, we're 12th in the National League and you're questioning the manager? I'm not sure what you're looking for but I think he's getting absolutely everything from this squad he can. The fact you're questioning it just shows how much we've come on in the last few years.

Let's not lose sight of the aim for Altrincham in this division at the moment, which is to avoid being dragged into a relegation battle and to try and establish ourselves in this league. We're definitely doing that at this moment. I agree we're on a poor run and it needs to pick up but watch any "Philtrincham" team and you know that we're in every game and results will eventually come.

Find me a single manager with a 1 in 12 record that wasn't questioned.

Find a manager immune from critisim where it included failing to beat lower division sides 3 times in a month.

Phil's players are underperforming, that's as much on him as it is the players.

How many games without a upturn would you give him? 1 win in 16? 20?
It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2021, 09:34:31 AM »

Wow, I'd actually missed the person suggesting he'd lost the players, that's worse than anything Hashtag has said.

Oh wait, it was Hashtag  ;D

I questioned if he had. Somethings gone badly wrong in the dressing room to have such chalk and cheese first half and 2nd half displays week in week out.
It's all my fault.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2021, 12:27:29 PM »

Dan Cockerline netted again yesterday against Kings Lynn with what seems to have been a good run and finish

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2021, 12:50:49 PM »

Find me a single manager with a 1 in 12 record that wasn't questioned.

Find a manager immune from critisim where it included failing to beat lower division sides 3 times in a month.

Phil's players are underperforming, that's as much on him as it is the players.

How many games without a upturn would you give him? 1 win in 16? 20?

I’m looking at the bigger picture. Focusing on a certain run of games can lead to rash reactions and emotional decision making. I’ll question Phil and his methods when we’re in danger of being relegated. As far as I’m concerned if we’re 12th in the division at Christmas he is immune to criticism. A poor run of results doesn’t change that.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2021, 02:15:42 PM »

That's how we ended up with a dual relegation.

No manager or player should be 'immune' from criticism.
It's all my fault.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2021, 02:40:09 PM »

That's how we ended up with a dual relegation.

No manager or player should be 'immune' from criticism.

Sinnott was heavily criticised by many. SinnOUT..?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CSC Cup