PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CSC Cup
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: CSC Cup  (Read 13638 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: CSC Cup
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2021, 10:31:54 PM »

If Brad Jackson is fit, I can see him at full back and Dens pairing Digie at centre back giving him an older head by his side.

Densmore at CB. Worst Plan B of the week and that's saying something

Perhaps second worst? 😕
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2021, 10:48:22 PM »

Matt Gould can leave tonight, followed by Dinanga and Peers. Take Porter as well.

Parkinson can join if results don't pick up.
It's all my fault.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2021, 11:43:44 PM »

I had a sense of foreboding prior to the match - I think that Nantwich always fancied their chances; to be honest, they didn't have to work too hard and they deserved their victory.

Based on our recent performances, I think that we will finish above the relegation places, but not by much.  And if we don't sign someone who can score goals from inside the six years box, we might find ourselves trying to avoid the drop.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2021, 12:03:38 AM »

Best striker on the pitch tonight …. Dan Cockerline by a country mile. Scored two Goals, held the ball up was not frightened of getting stuck in… would rather see him play for us, than what we have up top.

Dinanga is fkn idle and should be got rid of.

Didn’t realise Peers was on the pitch until the start of the second half when he was stood over by the Pop side.

I did a 130 Mile round trip to watch that tonight, wasted my time, I was considering going to Notts County on Sat, but won’t bother after that display tonight.

Furman needs to try passing the ball forward for a change.. he was like a poor mans Ray Wilkins tonight. The passing was generally poor.  Shining light as ever.. Joel Senior, should have started.

How many times did we see Gould to Digie, Digie to Moult, Moult to Digie and Digie to Gould. Play out from the back by all means but not at such a pedestrian pace ffs…

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2021, 08:27:21 AM »

Get a grip mate.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2021, 08:38:13 AM »

Get a grip mate.

1 win in 12, if results don't improve that could easily be 1 in 16 with Stockport and Wrexham.

At some point we will have to make a call he's lost the players. Otherwise everything th club has worked for i.e promotion to this level and beyond will be wasted.
It's all my fault.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2021, 08:43:40 AM »

He hasn't lost the players. They gave absolutely everything v Bromley.

I think what PP needs to start doing, is shedding a few of the players who simply are not performing. Last night was a good opportunity to see who those players are.

Then we need the miracle of finding a goalscoring striker who can take advantage of the brilliant service provided by Kosy, Mooney and Colclough. There must be one. Jeez, they could fill their boots with those 3 players around them.

We will raise our game v Stockport and Wrexham and get points.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2021, 09:12:08 AM »

I think what PP needs to start doing, is shedding a few of the players who simply are not performing. Last night was a good opportunity to see who those players are.

Then we need the miracle of finding a goalscoring striker who can take advantage of the brilliant service provided by Kosy, Mooney and Colclough. There must be one. Jeez, they could fill their boots with those 3 players around them.

They gave everything in the last 30 minutes, which we are beginning to see every week... Starting slowly then chasing the game

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2021, 09:14:39 AM »

You don't consistently under perform for so long if there's not an issue somewhere. The fact we turn up 2nd Half suggested things must be said at HT that aren't be adhered to first half.

It's all my fault.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2021, 09:15:05 AM »

Best striker on the pitch tonight …. Dan Cockerline by a country mile. Scored two Goals, held the ball up was not frightened of getting stuck in… would rather see him play for us, than what we have up top.

Dinanga is fkn idle and should be got rid of.

Didn’t realise Peers was on the pitch until the start of the second half when he was stood over by the Pop side.

I did a 130 Mile round trip to watch that tonight, wasted my time, I was considering going to Notts County on Sat, but won’t bother after that display tonight.

Furman needs to try passing the ball forward for a change.. he was like a poor mans Ray Wilkins tonight. The passing was generally poor.  Shining light as ever.. Joel Senior, should have started.

How many times did we see Gould to Digie, Digie to Moult, Moult to Digie and Digie to Gould. Play out from the back by all means but not at such a pedestrian pace ffs…

Have to agree 100%, really disappointed last night with our no show.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2021, 09:57:24 AM »

It was basically a scratch team last night. I didn't want it to turn out like Stalybridge two seasons ago but it did. There was no cohesion or understanding and anticipation. The number of runs Dens made on the wing only for the player on the ball to not even be aware of them.

In my opinion everyone was playing for a place in the squad last night and some fell short. A disappointing loss but hopefully Phil has got plenty to think about this morning.

I'm expecting better on Saturday from a group of rested players.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2021, 10:15:20 AM »

Get a grip mate.

Hashtag, I know you accused me of being patronising / condescending etc - but if I'm being really honest, it's really hard not to be when I see utter drivel written like this.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2021, 10:23:36 AM »

Get a grip mate.

Hashtag, I know you accused me of being patronising / condescending etc - but if I'm being really honest, it's really hard not to be when I see utter drivel written like this.

Are you saying if results continue in this vain long term, you would keep him indefinitely?
Any manager with 1 win in 13 would certainly come under far more criticism.

I said when Stockport were managerless, the key to success under Phil was the ability for him and the board to balance mutual respect of looking after him, but not turning this in to Philtrincham Football Club, theres only so many weeks we can remain winless.

I'm not suggesting we sack him this afternoon; but at some point if "if results don't pick up" he has to take as much responsibility. He signed these players.
It's all my fault.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2021, 11:52:52 AM »

Managers get sacked after far shorter runs of failure than PP is currently overseeing. However, unless the board identify a proven available manager at this level BEFORE taking a knee-jeek decision, we're far better off trusting PP to get his act together. We should only be using the S word if there's a danger of relegation, and I don't see that as a threat quite yet.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2021, 11:53:57 AM »

There needs in my view to be an alternative to the very pretty but regularly unproductive tippy tippy, pass it about and play out from the back....occasionally

What's wrong sometimes with clearing the lines to a proper CF who can hold it up and play people in.

Lee Sinnott made no secret of his preferred style of playing - much like Parkinsons. However he had the likes of Kyle Perry and Michael Ransome to allow us to change things and take the pressure off
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CSC Cup