PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Trophy
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: FA Trophy  (Read 10590 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: FA Trophy
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2021, 11:04:17 PM »

Notts County have a televised match on the Tuesday evening following so they won't have wanted to play on the Sunday.

Not sure why the get to dictate really, if Sunday works for us because they can't do 3pm, then we should crack on.

I don't really know how these things work but the truth is that we can do Saturday evening in terms of our playing schedule whereas they can't really do Sunday.

I do think it would have helped if we'd put something in our announcement of the new kick-off time to the effect of 'we know this is going to be tricky for our fans but we had no choice and here's why'.

I think my reply wasnt practical, more a comment on the unfairness. Bit like choosing which end to attack and choosing who kicks off.

If they couldn't do 3pm, we'd be doing them a favour, we should really (in an ideal world) get the Saturday lunch, night, Sunday or Friday.

(this is my monthly reminder that I'd love to hear more from Rob and Phil combined on footballing World, just how these things pan out BTS)

It's all my fault.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2021, 01:26:04 AM »

Notts County have a televised match on the Tuesday evening following so they won't have wanted to play on the Sunday.

Not sure why the get to dictate really, if Sunday works for us because they can't do 3pm, then we should crack on.
Wouldn't that match get postponed if the match ends in a draw with the replay being on the Tuesday/Wednesday?
They really should be beating teams like us

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2021, 01:33:17 AM »

Wouldn't that match get postponed if the match ends in a draw with the replay being on the Tuesday/Wednesday?

There are no replays at this stage of the competition.

If the teams are level after 90 minutes, the game goes straight to a penalty shoot-out in order to determine the winner.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2021, 11:31:51 AM »

Play them at midnight on Christmas Eve for me. Turn up, knock them out of the competition and then have the discussion about when kick off should have been.

P.S could the club put on discounted coach travel for fans that don’t drive and would miss the last train home?

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2021, 11:37:16 AM »

Play them at midnight on Christmas Eve for me. Turn up, knock them out of the competition and then have the discussion about when kick off should have been.

P.S could the club put on discounted coach travel for fans that don’t drive and would miss the last train home?

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/news/fa-trophy-away-travel-notts-county

That's exactly what they're looking to do. A good move.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2021, 01:16:39 PM »

That presumably notts county’s tv money will be contributing to…….

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2021, 02:49:50 PM »

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/news/fa-trophy-away-travel-notts-county

That's exactly what they're looking to do. A good move.

I imagine the old ‘Can I just get the coach back please’ routine might be popular for a few people.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2021, 08:06:54 PM »

Both clubs probably have stewards who work for both good earner if they do ;D
@AltyDaz

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2021, 05:18:15 PM »

Does anyone know how many tickets we have bought and has the 2nd coach been filled?

I feel that we are going to look like a rather forlorn lot tucked away in a corner of what appears to be a large stand that will be otherwise empty.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Trophy