PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Borehamwood Wood Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Borehamwood Wood Match Thread  (Read 8982 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Borehamwood Wood Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2021, 09:33:22 AM »

Having watched the highlights, surprised we didn't have a penalty in the first half as Moult was bundled over at the back post and looks as Ryan had a good shout for one in the second half, he was definitely pulled back.

Could watch Josh's goal all day. What a strike.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2021, 10:18:57 PM »

If you want more atmosphere, you're welcome to join in on the GRE rather than comment on whether the atmosphere is good or not on GRE

Thank you for your kind invitation to join in on the GRE.  I am sure that you will kindly be on hand there to show me to my disabled seat.

Quite how you've managed to take umbrage at what was basically said as a compliment is beyond me.  You need to re-read it or to wind your neck in a bit.

Would it need to be high and mighty like your comment, or would you be okay on floor like the rest of us?

Bring a stool like the folk on the pop side or the old school Workington fans if you like the atmosphere, there's less steps to GRE than the main stand too.

There's disabled wheelchair users who also watched from the front of The GRE corner

Like I said, many fans work hard to build atmosphere, too many on here and Facebook want to comment about an atmosphere or lack off without getting involved

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2021, 10:25:51 PM »

Us Chequers enders probably outsang Boring Wood on Saturday.

Sorry, but no wrist band for me. Even if I can get a ticket.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2021, 10:48:53 PM »

Having watched the highlights, surprised we didn't have a penalty in the first half as Moult was bundled over at the back post and looks as Ryan had a good shout for one in the second half, he was definitely pulled back.

Could watch Josh's goal all day. What a strike.
the second was very very clear . A poor ref
ParkINson's red and white army

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2021, 02:18:22 AM »

I thought a draw was fair. They took their chance. We had loads and took one.
it's still back to that point of if we had a 25 a year forward we would be top 3 . I thought we edged it . But was very close as you say

Sorry to keep on about this, but I've been crunching the numbers (again). It turns out that, up to and including the Woking game (and the Southport game), Tom Peers had scored an average of about one goal for every 160 minutes (plus stoppage time) of game time played. At that rate, if he played whole games for an entire 46 game season, he would get...  25 goals! (Incidentally he also has the best goals per time played up to the Woking game).
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 02:19:53 AM by Hugh »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2021, 02:26:36 AM »

If you want more atmosphere, you're welcome to join in on the GRE rather than comment on whether the atmosphere is good or not on GRE

Thank you for your kind invitation to join in on the GRE.  I am sure that you will kindly be on hand there to show me to my disabled seat.

Would it need to be high and mighty like your comment, or would you be okay on floor like the rest of us?

Bring a stool like the folk on the pop side or the old school Workington fans if you like the atmosphere, there's less steps to GRE than the main stand too.

There's disabled wheelchair users who also watched from the front of The GRE corner

Like I said, many fans work hard to build atmosphere, too many on here and Facebook want to comment about an atmosphere or lack off without getting involved

Seems to me that Condates original comments were nothing but complimentary. I can't understand why you're having a go at him.
I can only say that we should be revelling in the direction the club is going in and being united in our support.
Sorry to be personal but you seem to have had an edge to some of your posts for a while now.
Rein it in a bit if you can. We're all on here because we're Alty fans aren't we?

Thank you Saughall for your intervention.

My original post was indeed supposed to be positive and complimentary to those who provided the fantastic support in the Golf Road on Saturday.  I agree with Parky who remarked that they were so vociferous that they virtually sucked the ball into the net for the equalizer.

I disagree. It was quite hard to hear them from the Chequers end for much of the second half, though to be fair, when they got going, they were properly loud at times. Admittedly it's difficult to get motivated against clubs like Boring Wood and Solihull Moors.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2021, 02:28:44 AM »

Have to concur with comments relating to responses recently from  hashtag, particularly on this thread.

I remember the Nantwich friendly and Jimmy Laurie... (PS trust you to take it so serious)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2021, 05:57:01 AM »

I thought a draw was fair. They took their chance. We had loads and took one.
it's still back to that point of if we had a 25 a year forward we would be top 3 . I thought we edged it . But was very close as you say

Sorry to keep on about this, but I've been crunching the numbers (again). It turns out that, up to and including the Woking game (and the Southport game), Tom Peers had scored an average of about one goal for every 160 minutes (plus stoppage time) of game time played. At that rate, if he played whole games for an entire 46 game season, he would get...  25 goals! (Incidentally he also has the best goals per time played up to the Woking game).

Put simply, we really don't have a 25 or even 20-goal striker currently on our books. We have 4 or 5 who could perhaps reach 10.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Borehamwood Wood Match Thread