PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead Replay Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Gateshead Replay Match Thread  (Read 12890 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gateshead Replay Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2021, 06:28:53 PM »

Not a great night for Tom Hannigan.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2021, 06:52:51 PM »

Agreed.  I think that is the worst I have ever seen him play.  I don't think that he has recovered from injury.

We will just have to make do with the FA Trophy and a playoff final both at Wembley.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2021, 07:30:47 PM »

One other gripe: why on earth wasn't a steward posted to patrol the Popular Side last night in order to deal with incidents when the ball went onto the terraces?

Watching our players clamber over the perimeter fencing to retrieve the ball was embarrassing. Amateurish stuff.

Amidst all the post-match ire, despair and angst, I confess there is a part of me that is somewhat relieved that our current mortifying shortcomings off the pitch won't now be exposed live on national TV on 3rd December.

Why climb the fence isn't there gates every few feet on the new fence that was put in.

Stewards retrieving balls from what i hear they needed to be showing TBC they could do their job dealing with the crowd.
@AltyDaz

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2021, 07:33:11 PM »

One other gripe: why on earth wasn't a steward posted to patrol the Popular Side last night in order to deal with incidents when the ball went onto the terraces?

Watching our players clamber over the perimeter fencing to retrieve the ball was embarrassing. Amateurish stuff.

Amidst all the post-match ire, despair and angst, I confess there is a part of me that is somewhat relieved that our current mortifying shortcomings off the pitch won't now be exposed live on national TV on 3rd December.

Why climb the fence isn't there gates every few feet on the new fence that was put in.

Stewards retrieving balls from what i hear they needed to be showing TBC they could do their job dealing with the crowd.

What about the 10 ground staff stood on the GRE
It's all my fault.

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2021, 07:46:02 PM »

Hannigan has been an absolute colossus this season so far; a terrible night to have an off game but it is what it is.

As for players leaping into the stands, this is the one thing I can't look past now I've calmed down. If it's not for the stewards to do, then fair enough, but someone should have been in there.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2021, 07:51:03 PM »

Hannigan has been an absolute colossus this season so far; a terrible night to have an off game but it is what it is.

As for players leaping into the stands, this is the one thing I can't look past now I've calmed down. If it's not for the stewards to do, then fair enough, but someone should have been in there.
Would have capped off our week nicely if a player had pulled a muscle climbing the fence.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2021, 09:11:32 PM »

100% agree about hannigan. One time he makes team of the week and it curses him next time out.
Surly we could have coersted a few of reserves/youth team players to patrol empty stands
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2021, 09:14:28 PM »

What about the 10 ground staff stood on the GRE
far too sensible that idea
ParkINson's red and white army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2021, 09:16:08 PM »

I had forgot about this coupled with our inability to close the keeper down as well it really was the pits last night
ParkINson's red and white army

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2021, 09:59:35 PM »

Bradford and Exeter have to replay their game: do we know if Gateshead had an ineligible player or anything?

Asking, in desperation, for a friend!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead Replay Match Thread