PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead Replay Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Gateshead Replay Match Thread  (Read 13977 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gateshead Replay Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2021, 10:42:15 PM »

Gateshead were so much fitter than us and deserved it.

All the team were poor but Porter, Fitzpatrick and Kosylo were especially awful.

Terrible week or so for the club but they need to act. We need an update and they need get workmen in and cracking on from first light each day.

We needed that TV money more than ever and we completely blew up.

Thought PP was brave starting the same 11 when they put so much into Sat. Whitehead should have started over Porter for one change.

A lot wrong about tonight.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 10:49:52 PM by oneedham »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2021, 10:45:11 PM »

Gateshead were so much fitter than us and deserved

All the team were poor but Porter, Fitzpatrick and Kosylo were especially awful.

Terrible week or so for the club but they need to act. We need an update and they need get workmen in and cracking on from first light each day.

Thought PP was brave starting the same 11 when they put so much into Sat. Whitehead should have started over Porter for one change.

I thought Hancock was our worse player tonight and that took some doing
Full time and proud of it

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2021, 10:58:27 PM »

The better team by a mile absolutely panned the arse off us - not much else to say really.

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2021, 11:00:02 PM »

Better team won. They closed us down and pressed us throughout and we played poorly.
One of our worst displays for a while and even worse than when we had 14 players out. Far too many stray passes, even our first goal was a gift from their keeper.

We were made to look poor by a team who thoroughly deserved to win. I would imagine they’ll give Charlton a game too. I’ll take a scrappy win from wherever we can over the next few fixtures…

Gutted. I love the FA Cup.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2021, 11:23:31 PM »

Gateshead saw us off, no doubt about it.  Their determination to press up and give us no space to work in, was exactly the opposite of what we did.  Alarmingly, we appeared to have no other thought than to stick with a system that evidently was not working.
I’ve no doubt that the disruption caused by TBC’s extraordinary mishandling of the ground capacity issue will have distracted and unsettled the players, however, we have to accept that we were v v poor across the pitch tonight.
Absolutely gutted.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2021, 02:01:25 AM »

Gateshead were so much fitter than us and deserved it.

A splendid synopsis of a hugely dispiriting evening for the club on so many levels. The outcome just about capped off what has surely been the most wretched few days in our recent history since the nadir of the descent into the Evo-Stik League.

Let's be brutal, we were fortunate even to secure a replay in the first place.

Gateshead have manifestly been the better side over the 180 minutes of this cup-tie and they deserved their victory, harrowing as that mistake from Hannigan and the ensuing 91st-minute winning goal was. They pressed us and we simply couldn't cope. We were abject.

I was astonished that Porter got the nod to start ahead of the likes of Pringle, Whitehead and Walker.

Hampson needs to rush back and replace the ponderous Fitzpatrick ASAP.

Dinanga or Peers? Well, someone else actually...please.

We urgently need some transparency and details from the board of directors as to what exactly has unfolded at the club in recent days and how we intend to climb out of this abyss.

I'd even consider buying ourselves more time to address some of the ongoing issues with the ground and stewarding by switching our next scheduled home game against Southend United to Roots Hall instead.

It will be very interesting to see what measures Parkinson opts to take in order to facilitate us bouncing back from such a body blow.

Worst birthday present ever.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 02:07:10 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2021, 08:33:07 AM »

All in all, a truly wretched week for the club - but we've had them before and been stronger for it.

Full credit must go to Gateshead before I start a big moan - they were easily the better side and I wish them the best of luck against Charlton.

I'll echo the points about the fact we needed a bit more experience in the middle of the park - with the exception of Fitzpatrick who has had a very good career but looks prone to an absolute skinning every time he's faced up with a winger - a lot of conceded goals seem to come in from that side.

Surely in the short term we should be looking at Josh Hancock up front again - we have plenty of options now at No10 and at least Josh knows where the net is.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2021, 08:43:01 AM »

Hancock as a false 9 definitely 100%. It is so frustrating to encounter these CN teams who have better target men than us - first Carver at Southport, then Langstaff at Gateshead.

Where is Hampson? Where are Furman and Leitch-Smith? I know about Jackson, but what has happened to the other players who would have made a difference last night?

Yes. Certainly, the fans need to know the details behind the capacity reductions. Is there a conspiracy against us?

I think it is time to remove some of the deadwood - either the loanees not working out, or some of our regular absentees (if we can). Also, a temporary groundshare must be a serious option right now while things get sorted.

There's a real danger that a season which promised so much, slips away from us.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2021, 09:39:14 AM »

I don't think a groundshare would achieve much to be honest. We'd loose all the casual support and probably end up with 1000 supporters and a rental bill.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2021, 11:39:48 AM »

One other gripe: why on earth wasn't a steward posted to patrol the Popular Side last night in order to deal with incidents when the ball went onto the terraces?

Watching our players clamber over the perimeter fencing to retrieve the ball was embarrassing. Amateurish stuff.

Amidst all the post-match ire, despair and angst, I confess there is a part of me that is somewhat relieved that our current mortifying shortcomings off the pitch won't now be exposed live on national TV on 3rd December.

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2021, 11:50:11 AM »

Amidst all the post-match ire, despair and angst, I confess there is a part of me that is somewhat relieved that our current mortifying shortcomings off the pitch won't now be exposed live on national TV on 3rd December.

Exactamente

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2021, 12:04:44 PM »

Exactamente

Are they a third tier Spanish club ?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2021, 12:07:37 PM »

Exactamente

Are they a third tier Spanish club ?

No. I think that's Extremadoodoo which is what we're in groundwise! 🤯
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2021, 12:43:17 PM »

Brief match 'highlights' for the masochists amongst this forum:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59298649

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2021, 02:41:38 PM »

Brief match 'highlights' for the masochists amongst this forum:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59298649
Not really sure why I watched that. Perhaps just checking it wasn’t all just a bad dream.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead Replay Match Thread