PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Well done  (Read 5223 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Well done
« on: November 14, 2021, 08:33:06 AM »

Just wanted to say well done for how the game was organized and stewarded yesterday under almost impossible circumstances . Another great crowd and a great atmosphere
ParkINson's red and white army

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Well done
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2021, 10:47:29 AM »

Defo, very well organised in little time.

Has the bottle bar been erected yet and do we have any timescale of when a pre pour machine is being purchased?

Went into the bar before half-time and it was rammed. Just had to leave it. A bottle bar, as previously done, is easy to set up and would be a nice little earner as well.

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2021, 12:39:32 PM »

I didn't realize until yesterday that no alcohol was allowed outside. That's fine but why then plastic glasses?  SBL

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021, 01:22:51 PM »

It was well organised for sure. First time I've my season ticket successfully scanned.

First time I remember the Last Post being played, the minutes silence was a shambles. Why people can't stand still and be quiet for 60 seconds is beyond me
Full time and proud of it

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2021, 01:52:33 PM »

It was well organised for sure. First time I've my season ticket successfully scanned.

First time I remember the Last Post being played, the minutes silence was a shambles. Why people can't stand still and be quiet for 60 seconds is beyond me

Couldn't attend yesterday but ashamed to hear this.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2021, 02:56:16 PM »

I do agree however I think the issue was compounded by people still coming into the specific areas . There was also confusion after the last post where people didn't realise there was a minute silence directly after and people started to appluad before realising

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2021, 02:57:19 PM »

Defo, very well organised in little time.

Has the bottle bar been erected yet and do we have any timescale of when a pre pour machine is being purchased?

Went into the bar before half-time and it was rammed. Just had to leave it. A bottle bar, as previously done, is easy to set up and would be a nice little earner as well.
spot on this and if karate is on on Tuesday (don't get me started) there needs to be a way to serve people quickly

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2021, 03:13:47 PM »

Wouldn't entertain the thought of queuing for a pint on Tuesday but would certainly nip in for a quick bottle.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2021, 03:22:54 PM »

Couldn't attend yesterday but ashamed to hear this.

Gateshead made a pickle of the minutes silence too. The uniformed personnel were standing out there for a long time, the crowd initially stood up in silence which then dissolved into uncertainty. It can't be that flippin' hard to sort out.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2021, 06:36:05 PM »

Often the 2 mins silence is started and ended by the bugle, it was the blowing of the refs whistle after the bugle to announce the start of the min that caused the issue, this is unusual, should have been refs whistle, bugle, silence, bugle, whistle.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2021, 06:46:32 PM »

I do agree however I think the issue was compounded by people still coming into the specific areas . There was also confusion after the last post where people didn't realise there was a minute silence directly after and people started to appluad before realising
Yeah I was caught out when there was an applause after the bugle was played. I started to walk and then realised it went into a minutes silence but I was being ushered into the away end.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 06:48:09 PM by oneedham »

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2021, 08:19:32 PM »

Often the 2 mins silence is started and ended by the bugle, it was the blowing of the refs whistle after the bugle to announce the start of the min that caused the issue, this is unusual, should have been refs whistle, bugle, silence, bugle, whistle.
The Bugler was organised by me very hard to get this time of year , All were briefed on what was to happen all well to the crowd started applauding thinking everything was over,
We were meant to lead the teams out but the ref came out on to the pitch like a bullet so thought stay where we are,
Trafford Veterans CIC raised a fantastic £527.87 Thnk you to all that donated.
@AltyDaz

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2021, 08:23:38 PM »

Thanks Darren, the Bugle was a great addition.
It's all my fault.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2021, 10:46:30 PM »

The Bugler was organised by me very hard to get this time of year , All were briefed on what was to happen all well to the crowd started applauding thinking everything was over,
We were meant to lead the teams out but the ref came out on to the pitch like a bullet so thought stay where we are,
Trafford Veterans CIC raised a fantastic £527.87 Thnk you to all that donated.
it was amazing Darren . Very emotional always makes me think how much we owe to the fallen

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2021, 11:36:06 AM »

To be honest I'm willing to give everyone the benefit of the doubt with the silence, I think most of us (myself included) were caught out by the ref's whistle actually signalling the start of the silence, rather than the end - luckily I had the fortune of being in my place and already watching what was going on, whereas others moving through the ground didn't have that luxury - despite the best efforts of people trying to shush them into silence again, I think we got there in the end!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done