PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ground safety work
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: ground safety work  (Read 42703 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: ground safety work
« Reply #180 on: November 28, 2021, 07:02:12 PM »

I don’t think we will necessarily turn into a Rushden type club/atmosphere. Once this sorts itself out a bit it’ll alleviate a number of problems. With so many fans and stewards in such a small space there would obviously be much more points of contact that say if the GRE was open. You’d probably barely see or talk to a steward if we were spread out across the GRE.

I must say though. I’m slightly surprised that a few of us haven’t recognised that yesterday was an almighty box ticking exercise to show TBC that it could all be stewarded effectively in order to open up further capacity for the Bromley game though? We shouldn’t really be complaining that there’s no space (find some) or have to be moved 4 times. As excruciating and as frustrating as it is, it was just a hoop we needed to jump through and we needed to help the steward.

I didn’t see the incidents described so I’ll leave it there but essentially guys, right now, we can’t be giving the stewards an opportunity to manage a situation badly or to give TBC anything else to think about or decision to make (they’ll make a bad decision!). Did we really need someone to go in the Golf Rod ffs?

We sort of have to remember that a new stewarding group has been brought in because the previous one was deemed by TBC to not be counting people/not moving people from areas they shouldn’t have been. Obviously, they’re going to do that. We just need to suck it up for a game guys. Hopefully Nigel can feedback to them though.

One thing that has been raised is that, given the specific situation we’re in, we need some specific communication to allow us to realise what is happening and why.

As an example, the standing at the front at pitch side barriers (or not standing there now to be precise). At the AGM on Friday in aob Lawrence Looney and Neil Faulkner explained (and I think if I’m not quoting verbatim then I’m certainly paraphrasing with a large degree of confidence) that this is a new directive that for people to stand there the barriers have to be tested as crush barriers. They need strengthening to do so..

Now, football clubs are going to be checked on this when inspected but it’s not an immediate thing. However, because some absolute C**t (my phrase, not from LL or NF that one 😂) has grassed us up to the council, that has been noted by them and applied.

I queried whether the issue was the walkways by the barriers were uneven/trip hazards. It’s not. It’s the strengthening reason. This can be done but the cost factor involved isn’t appropriate right now. What is costing us more money is the reduced capacity. That is our priority to get it back up and then the strengthening can be looked at in the overall scheme of things.

That sort of information would show people clearly just why they are being asked to move away (if they couldn’t work it out themselves) and would probably help both them and the stewards going forward so maybe that’s the level of communication we need right now.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2021, 08:24:02 PM »

Great post . However I do want to point out that when you are trying to move at least 100 people into an area that was already full it presented safety issues .

And given that the zones were being managed so well ( IE we all had to stand in the designated areas) freedom of movement was not an option . Im not going to put my own safety at risk .

It's down to the stewards to come up with the solution which they never did sadly .

Edit... Just want to add I do think new markings clearly showing where you can and can't now stand would help massively .IE zone out in front of the barriers and escape areas. I suppose we are in a behavior of standing wherever we want which has now changed
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 08:37:30 PM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2021, 08:40:29 PM »

Gone are the glory days of rafo telling us that no smoking is permitted in the Carole Nash family stand...if you are caught smoking you will be asked to stop ...enjoy the game ...

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 29, 2021, 11:13:48 AM »

Gone are the glory days of rafo telling us that no smoking is permitted in the Carole Nash family stand...if you are caught smoking you will be asked to stop ...enjoy the game ...

Not smoking - just fuming !

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 29, 2021, 11:20:27 AM »

Not smoking - just fuming !
we need a winter break

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 01, 2021, 01:22:41 PM »

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 01, 2021, 01:36:14 PM »

That is encouraging, thank God.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 01, 2021, 01:43:29 PM »

Excellent statement by the club, we all now know what the way ahead is.

Hopefully the fans will be back in there normal positions around the ground for the next Home game, which will also be good for the players

Well done to all concerned.

Onwards & Upwards

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 01, 2021, 01:53:20 PM »

Good news
Full time and proud of it

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 01, 2021, 06:25:33 PM »

'The capacity will be a reduction from the previously defined maximum capacity of 7,873 as all parties have agreed that this was produced based on inaccurate / out-of-date assumptions.'

While I don't expect to find out how the original figure was signed off, I do hope that the Club has received an explanation that is rather more detailed than what has been published.  It looks very much as though whoever came from TBC to do the original assessment, was not doing their job correctly; it's fair to assume that had they done so, we could have avoided the debacle of the last couple of games and the money lost that it has necessitated.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 01, 2021, 06:40:38 PM »

'The capacity will be a reduction from the previously defined maximum capacity of 7,873 as all parties have agreed that this was produced based on inaccurate / out-of-date assumptions.'

While I don't expect to find out how the original figure was signed off, I do hope that the Club has received an explanation that is rather more detailed than what has been published.  It looks very much as though whoever came from TBC to do the original assessment, was not doing their job correctly; it's fair to assume that had they done so, we could have avoided the debacle of the last couple of games and the money lost that it has necessitated.

Based on one of councillor Western's email, it seems that that 7k plus capacity figure was basically one that the club came up with and the council simply nodded through. It wasn't as a result of an inspection I don't think. I suspect the reason we came up with such a high figure was mainly because it was at the time when grounds were being allowed 25% or whatever of their capacity under covid rules and so the higher our (notional) capacity, the more fans we could get in.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 04, 2021, 10:04:39 AM »

I wonder if the capacity was based on how much each area holds per sqaure metre. Without taking in to consideration barriers, walkways etc.

Anyone at Guiseley would have felt another 3k in there would have been mental.
It's all my fault.

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 04, 2021, 01:40:08 PM »

Got an idea. Think of a figure double it, half it, and add on the year Altrincham market was built then if it doesn't suit write a mission statement, a policy, a risk assessment and a time line!! The grey suited clones at every Council love all of those! SBL

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 04, 2021, 02:35:30 PM »

I’m watching the Buxton game right now.  Their perimeter fence looks identical to ours.  Fans are up against the perimeter fence at this game.   Surely the same safety rules apply at Buxton.  Has their perimeter fence been inspected and approved as a crush barrier?   Is it something to do with stewarding when it comes to being allowed on the fence?  Just wondering…..

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 04, 2021, 02:47:32 PM »

I’m watching the Buxton game right now.  Their perimeter fence looks identical to ours.  Fans are up against the perimeter fence at this game.   Surely the same safety rules apply at Buxton.  Has their perimeter fence been inspected and approved as a crush barrier?   Is it something to do with stewarding when it comes to being allowed on the fence?  Just wondering…..

Probably won't have been considered, Buxton's av league gate is around 450.
It will be as much to keep walkways clear as loading on the fence (which is clearly not designed for such, the cross sectional area of the members alone show that).
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ground safety work