PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ground safety work
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14

Author Topic: ground safety work  (Read 42653 times)

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: ground safety work
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2021, 07:04:57 PM »

Just as a point of interest as I wasn’t able to be at Moss Lane last Tuesday, were the radio Robins and Alty TV crew allowed in the popular side gantry to cover the match.

Yes but they were using a ladder up rather than the stairs which looked even more dangerous

The BBC erected their own scaffold tower and provided their own ladder. Alty TV broadcast from the gantry and Radio Robins were relocated from the Press Box to the front of the main stand to allow/accommodate local radio requirements.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2021, 08:03:09 PM »

Just as a point of interest as I wasn’t able to be at Moss Lane last Tuesday, were the radio Robins and Alty TV crew allowed in the popular side gantry to cover the match.

Yes but they were using a ladder up rather than the stairs which looked even more dangerous

The BBC erected their own scaffold tower and provided their own ladder. Alty TV broadcast from the gantry and Radio Robins were relocated from the Press Box to the front of the main stand to allow/accommodate local radio requirements.

Even worse from BBC.
It's all my fault.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2021, 08:20:46 PM »

Cheers for the updates.
Maybe we could all pitch up with a tower scaffold and a ladder..
Sounds like a job for Tommo 🤣

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2021, 09:34:38 PM »

Firstly, I'm relieved that the 'traitor within our midst' 'name and shame' post that appears on another thread seems to have lost momentum.  Whether someone who lives locally has complained I cannot say, but I very much doubt the self-scuppering theory has much evidence to support it.

You can be relieved as much as you like but I was right though wasn’t I?

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2021, 10:32:20 PM »

Any idea who?

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2021, 11:23:00 PM »

Firstly, I'm relieved that the 'traitor within our midst' 'name and shame' post that appears on another thread seems to have lost momentum.  Whether someone who lives locally has complained I cannot say, but I very much doubt the self-scuppering theory has much evidence to support it.

How were you right exactly?  As far as I am aware, the conspiracy theorists on here have provided no evidence to support whatever claim it is they are making.  The statement issued by the Board today refers to an anonymous email sent to TMBC, nothing more.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 11:40:40 PM by Mrs Trellis »

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2021, 06:46:45 AM »

How were you right exactly?  As far as I am aware, the conspiracy theorists on here have provided no evidence to support whatever claim it is they are making.  The statement issued by the Board today refers to an anonymous email sent to TMBC, nothing more.

Ok they haven’t explicitly said ‘And this email was sent by an insider with connections to the club’ (and nor would they, they don’t want to start a witch hunt as that’s rightly not going to be their focus) but you don’t have to read between the lines very hard to realise that is the clear inference of that part of the statement. You can believe what you choose but I have no doubts from what I’ve heard and now read that the email to Trafford that kick started this process and led to the Gateshead debacle, has come from an individual who has volunteered and/or worked for the club. It is an inside job and that person in time must answer for their actions.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2021, 08:13:43 AM »

Any idea who?

I have suspicions but, as Mrs Trellis alludes to, I’m not too interested in finding out who as it probably doesn’t do anyone any good and it will all come out in the wash anyway. These things always do and we’ve probably got more pressing matters at hand now like assuring the board with any work or sh*t shifting that needs doing.
Played a large part in costing us £80-100k though so I won’t forget that.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2021, 09:21:15 AM »

Credit to the club for an excellent statement.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2021, 09:30:35 AM »

Maybe I'm being naive, but it reads to me like a complaint from a disgruntled neighbour to the ground.

Sometimes people want to ignore the most obvious answer. And let's face it, the work needs doing.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2021, 10:09:21 AM »

The neighbour would have had to have quite a detailed knowledge of the infrastructure of the stadia though.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2021, 10:37:21 AM »

Seems to me like a few people on here believe they know the identity of the whistle-blower.
I'm completely in the dark.
It's all a bit of a mess isn't it?
I think it's still something we should just try to get past as best we can.
Having said that it certainly would be nice to know who it was.
At the end of the day though it's more about pulling together out on the pitch and in the stands - at least those stands we're still allowed into!
So with that in mind, let's hope we can get a favorable result today to lighten the mood on here somewhat eh?
Come on you Super Robins!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 10:38:55 AM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2021, 02:23:53 PM »

Good communication from the board at last.

Pleased to see their is a plan to address things.

I'm looking forward to seeing some progress by next weekend.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2021, 06:43:43 PM »

Maybe I'm being naive, but it reads to me like a complaint from a disgruntled neighbour to the ground.

Sometimes people want to ignore the most obvious answer. And let's face it, the work needs doing.

I think you are being extremely naive, which is ironic given how quick you are to pick up on what you perceive as naivety in others.

Why on earth would a disgruntled neighbour complain about the state of the terracing on the Golf Rd? How would they even know about it? The statement from the board makes it perfectly clear that the complaint came from someone they hoped would have come to them first. That would hardly apply to a disgruntled neighbour.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2021, 07:11:06 PM »

I think you are being extremely naive, which is ironic given how quick you are to pick up on what you perceive as naivety in others.

Why on earth would a disgruntled neighbour complain about the state of the terracing on the Golf Rd? How would they even know about it? The statement from the board makes it perfectly clear that the complaint came from someone they hoped would have come to them first. That would hardly apply to a disgruntled neighbour.

When have I suggested naivety in others? Genuine question if you think I've been a bit unreasonable in the past, I'm always happy to hold my hand up.

For me, the statement ('wish they'd come to us first') doesn't sound like an insider with an axe to grind - it reads like someone that's turned up to a game and then complained - we all have members within our friend and family circles that are only happy when moaning.

I don't sign up to this 'inside knowledge' either - any visit from a member of the council with two funtional eyes would have identified the ground is a mess.

Re: signed off fine at the start of the season - responding to a complaint means you have to be shown to be doing something, not a routine inspection. Of course the outcome would be different.

Sorry for being the voice of reason and I'll be sad to see that it's an inside job if I am indeed wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ground safety work