PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ground safety work
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: ground safety work  (Read 44091 times)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: ground safety work
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2021, 08:47:14 PM »

There are plans afoot to basically build a new ground. This board are grasping the problem that has been building up for years. If we lose out on some capacity at a game that may never be, it's unfortunate but its not this boards fault.

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2021, 10:22:57 PM »

Absolutely. I guess we were just hoping it would limp on till the end of this cup run, but definitely safety first on this.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2021, 10:29:56 PM »

As someone with 35 years experience in Building Control including Safety at Sports Grounds the only surprise to me is that it took this long. I can only suppose that Trafford MBC basically left us alone while crowds were relatively low but of course that has changed and there are some big games coming up. The Council will monitor the ground and carry out regular inspections including during live events. 
The publicised increase in capacity last year however baffled me then and continues to do so, nothing about that seemed right and I would be surprised if the ground limit goes back up to that figure after the safety work is completed.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2021, 10:35:39 PM »

I would like to state categorically that there are currently NO plans afoot for a new ground.  We have a new pitch that has a life of at least 10 years and we intend to get the full benefit of it.

Work has started today on addressing the first of the issues on the ground and will continue.  We are working with Trafford BC to establish the working capacity for the next two games, and then hopefully a higher capacity for the Southend United and subsequent games.

We will keep you posted 

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2021, 11:09:57 PM »

To be fair Bill I think he meant the great redevelopment plans you have in place effectively deliver a new ground on the current site. Not that we will move to a new ground!  I appreciate the update though

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2021, 11:13:38 PM »

I would like to state categorically that there are currently NO plans afoot for a new ground.  We have a new pitch that has a life of at least 10 years and we intend to get the full benefit of it.

Work has started today on addressing the first of the issues on the ground and will continue.  We are working with Trafford BC to establish the working capacity for the next two games, and then hopefully a higher capacity for the Southend United and subsequent games.

We will keep you posted

https://youtu.be/NrbRpqGiPQQ perhaps aspirations is a more accurate word than plans.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2021, 01:36:40 AM »

I wonder what the Trafford BC SAG (Safety Advisory Group) would make of Moss Lane in 1936?

https://www.britishpathe.com/video/physical-training-1/query/altrincham
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2021, 02:34:19 AM »

I wonder what the Trafford BC SAG (Safety Advisory Group) would make of Moss Lane in 1936?

Still recognisable! All four sides of the ground on show there. Fascinating stuff.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2021, 09:17:30 AM »

That's Parky doing fitness routines with this years team

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2021, 09:55:39 AM »

Bloody pitch invaders.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2021, 12:45:57 PM »

Could we flog the pitch covers for a few quid ? could not resist sorry . Can we launch a crowd funder ? And seek funds from any football trust etc ? 
ParkINson's red and white army

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2021, 06:52:56 PM »

Just how bad is it actually?  I am really worried about the possible repercussions if the repairs improvements (sounds better) are not completed quickly. 

We have been drawing a significant number of 'new' attendees to the home games this season whom I believe have been drawn to Moss Lane by the attractive brand of football and by the atmosphere created by having a relatively large crowd in our compact ground.  My concern is that if we have multiple areas of the ground side closed to spectators on match days the scene will create a negative impression of the club to a number of individuals that were hitherto close to the hook.

If we beat the Heed and get a crack at the Addicks I hope that we are not faced with having to consider switching the tie to The Valley as a packed Moss Lane would give us a real advantage.

The current board are not to blame for the lack of investment in the infrastructure of the ground as more than two thirds of it is much the same as it was 50 years ago.

If we are fortunate to have a cup run and draw a big team IMHO I would like to see the proceeds invested in the stadium.  I hate to say this because I have a real fondness for the ground as it is, but having seen what other clubs at our level and many of those at the step below have to offer, I sometimes feel a tad embarrassed. 

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2021, 07:05:36 PM »

Im not sure ties can be  switched nowdays

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2021, 10:33:31 PM »

Just how bad is it actually?  I am really worried about the possible repercussions if the repairs improvements (sounds better) are not completed quickly. 

We have been drawing a significant number of 'new' attendees to the home games this season whom I believe have been drawn to Moss Lane by the attractive brand of football and by the atmosphere created by having a relatively large crowd in our compact ground.  My concern is that if we have multiple areas of the ground side closed to spectators on match days the scene will create a negative impression of the club to a number of individuals that were hitherto close to the hook.

If we beat the Heed and get a crack at the Addicks I hope that we are not faced with having to consider switching the tie to The Valley as a packed Moss Lane would give us a real advantage.

The current board are not to blame for the lack of investment in the infrastructure of the ground as more than two thirds of it is much the same as it was 50 years ago.

If we are fortunate to have a cup run and draw a big team IMHO I would like to see the proceeds invested in the stadium.  I hate to say this because I have a real fondness for the ground as it is, but having seen what other clubs at our level and many of those at the step below have to offer, I sometimes feel a tad embarrassed.

Good post.
I am also concerned that we may lose atmosphere and new fans over the next few home games because of restrictions. The work must be done so no way around it.
Depending on how much crowd we lose, I do think the club will consider a switch, if we are fortunate enough to beat Gateshead.
I am sure it would allowed because of supporter welfare, however I would be against it as our first 11 will give Charlton a game at Moss Lane.
Alty never seem to have a period of stability. Luckily enough in recent seasons this has been for us but we need some luck with injuries, illness and now the  ground.
These improvements should not be used as a negative against our current board.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 10:35:08 PM by oneedham »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2021, 05:43:44 PM »

So if you exclude the Chequers end capacity of the ground is reduced too 1,455 with only 270 in Main Stand. Tuesday maybe an issue which I guess will be segregated.

Based on the bulletin this afternoon...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ground safety work