PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ground safety work
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14

Author Topic: ground safety work  (Read 44046 times)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: ground safety work
« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2021, 07:32:09 PM »

Maybe I'm being naive, but it reads to me like a complaint from a disgruntled neighbour to the ground.

Sometimes people want to ignore the most obvious answer. And let's face it, the work needs doing.

I think you are being extremely naive, which is ironic given how quick you are to pick up on what you perceive as naivety in others.

Why on earth would a disgruntled neighbour complain about the state of the terracing on the Golf Rd? How would they even know about it? The statement from the board makes it perfectly clear that the complaint came from someone they hoped would have come to them first. That would hardly apply to a disgruntled neighbour.

When have I suggested naivety in others? Genuine question if you think I've been a bit unreasonable in the past, I'm always happy to hold my hand up.

For me, the statement ('wish they'd come to us first') doesn't sound like an insider with an axe to grind - it reads like someone that's turned up to a game and then complained - we all have members within our friend and family circles that are only happy when moaning.

I don't sign up to this 'inside knowledge' either - any visit from a member of the council with two funtional eyes would have identified the ground is a mess.

Re: signed off fine at the start of the season - responding to a complaint means you have to be shown to be doing something, not a routine inspection. Of course the outcome would be different.

Sorry for being the voice of reason and I'll be sad to see that it's an inside job if I am indeed wrong.

Of course the ground's a mess. Everyone knows that. But the reason the council made an inspection in the first place was because of the anonymous tip-off. The idea that a casual visitor would feel so strongly about some loose paving that they'd make an anonymous complaint to the council about it is completely absurd.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2021, 07:44:07 PM »

I agree the ground obviously needs attention and the club presented ambitious plans to be done in stages , the whistle-blower has caused uneeded panic, lose of income and lots of stress and hassle for everyone associated with the club. It seems they wrote to the council out of jealously or bitterness and need pulling up. A sneakey email is what it seems until more information is revealed. We can all agree the ground is not perfect and brush it under the carpet but the way this happened stinks.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 20, 2021, 07:44:53 PM »

Maybe I'm being naive, but it reads to me like a complaint from a disgruntled neighbour to the ground.

Sometimes people want to ignore the most obvious answer. And let's face it, the work needs doing.

I think you are being extremely naive, which is ironic given how quick you are to pick up on what you perceive as naivety in others.

Why on earth would a disgruntled neighbour complain about the state of the terracing on the Golf Rd? How would they even know about it? The statement from the board makes it perfectly clear that the complaint came from someone they hoped would have come to them first. That would hardly apply to a disgruntled neighbour.

When have I suggested naivety in others? Genuine question if you think I've been a bit unreasonable in the past, I'm always happy to hold my hand up.

For me, the statement ('wish they'd come to us first') doesn't sound like an insider with an axe to grind - it reads like someone that's turned up to a game and then complained - we all have members within our friend and family circles that are only happy when moaning.

I don't sign up to this 'inside knowledge' either - any visit from a member of the council with two funtional eyes would have identified the ground is a mess.

Re: signed off fine at the start of the season - responding to a complaint means you have to be shown to be doing something, not a routine inspection. Of course the outcome would be different.

Sorry for being the voice of reason and I'll be sad to see that it's an inside job if I am indeed wrong.

Somebody spots something wrong and notifies the council / whomever.

Council confirms safety work needs doing, thus confirming that we Alty fans were in an unacceptable level of danger.

Whomever spotted the defects and started the repair works, I thank you. You did the right thing whether we like it or not.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2021, 08:07:54 PM »

Council confirms safety work needs doing, thus confirming that we Alty fans were in an unacceptable level of danger.

Whomever spotted the defects and started the repair works, I thank you. You did the right thing whether we like it or not.

FFS........glad I won't be petrified attending Moss Lane in the future
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2021, 08:10:17 PM »

I wasn't aware that the J Davidson Stadium was located above the San Andreas Fault.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2021, 10:23:45 PM »

It’s global warming.. Greta Thumberg told me…

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2021, 11:39:51 PM »

Unacceptable level of danger my arse. Anyway being honest I don't care who it was . Things happen for a reason and I think after the intial inconvenience it will be a good thing. It may also spark much needed conversation about doing more with the ground in particular the pop side which it  would be amazing to rebuild it more into the car park if ever possible . Up the reds . Long live Bill long live parky
ParkINson's red and white army

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 21, 2021, 03:08:31 PM »

Unacceptable level of danger my arse. Anyway being honest I don't care who it was . Things happen for a reason and I think after the intial inconvenience it will be a good thing. It may also spark much needed conversation about doing more with the ground in particular the pop side which it  would be amazing to rebuild it more into the car park if ever possible . Up the reds . Long live Bill long live parky

Bar the first six words I agree totally.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 21, 2021, 03:39:03 PM »

Sounds like what a grass would say.
It's all my fault.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 21, 2021, 03:47:34 PM »

You say grass I say whistle blower.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 21, 2021, 05:10:50 PM »

You say grass I say whistle blower.

You say grass, I say blow! 😉 😂😂😂😂😐
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 21, 2021, 05:42:09 PM »

Whatever happened to this enterprise?

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=20479.msg237700#msg237700

JOIN THE ALTY GROUND COMMITTEE!
« on: September 03, 2015, 10:18:03 PM »

Peter Foster writes, "As Grahame Rowley mentioned in last week's programme, the Club recognises that there may be many areas within the Football Ground where there are improvements and changes required, both small and large, that may be beneficial to the Club and its supporters. This is probably to be expected after 100 years, however the Club would like to set-up a small group who will collate and review these areas of development so we can see what improvements can be made and how these can be done without any significant impact on the playing budget.
To establish this group we would like to get three or four volunteers from the Club's supporters who are interested in this topic and who would be prepared to give up a small amount of their time. Hopefully, we can get representation from both terrace and stand-based supporters. Those involved in the group will be Neil Faulkner, our Safety Officer, Tony Mossman, and the ‘volunteers’.

If you are interested in getting involved in this initiative please e-mail the club".

office@altrinchamfootballclub.co.uk
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 21, 2021, 06:11:44 PM »

I think what happened was a double relegation followed by significant belt tightening.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 21, 2021, 08:17:38 PM »

Bar the first six words I agree totally.
I have been in more danger on a Thursday night in Chequers dancing to reel to reel 😂😂😜😜
ParkINson's red and white army

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 21, 2021, 09:40:02 PM »

An extended pop side and a covered away end plus an upgrade to the toilets and food outlets would be all we'd ever need. The total redevelopment plan is not needed for donkeys years imvho.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ground safety work