News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 lEYTON ORIENT V HARTLEPOOL EFL 30TH OCTOBER 2021

Author Topic: lEYTON ORIENT V HARTLEPOOL EFL 30TH OCTOBER 2021  (Read 3266 times)

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 31, 2021, 03:02:58 PM »

Apparently, chaos reigned at the Orient on Saturday, as the referee forgot to add on 4 minutes extra time at the end of the 1st half. So, when they came out for the second half the ref made them play 240 seconds kicking the same way as in the 1st half then a short break before changing ends!

There's a song I have in mind. "Time after Time" Cyndi Lauper   SBL !!!!!!!  Any more???????????

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: lEYTON ORIENT V HARTLEPOOL EFL 30TH OCTOBER 2021
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 03:59:17 PM »

IIRC the second Alty game I ever went to was against Boston when the players left the field after about 40 minutes due to torrential rain. They took half time there and then and then played the last 5 minutes of the first half before turning straight round for the second. Probably late 60s - I'm sure one of our historians can fill in the detail.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 08:52:27 AM »

Apparently, chaos reigned at the Orient on Saturday, as the referee forgot to add on 4 minutes extra time at the end of the 1st half. So, when they came out for the second half the ref made them play 240 seconds kicking the same way as in the 1st half then a short break before changing ends!

There's a song I have in mind. "Time after Time" Cyndi Lauper   SBL !!!!!!!  Any more???????????
What I find amazing is how the two assistant referees didn’t notice either and point it out before they left the field.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 11:25:01 AM »

Whilst we are on the subject of bizarre refereeing decisions, can someone confirm what happened at Farsley when we played them in the Trophy a few seasons ago?  I was there but the details of the incident have slipped my ever decaying mind. 

I think it was something like this:-

Farsley broke through and looked odds on to score but...
The ref blew for an infrigement (offside I think) and the Alty players stopped dead in their tracks but...
The Farsley player carried on and put the ball past Tony who did'nt even try to stop it...
The Ref AWARDED A GOAL to Farsley!!!
Total mayhem ensued with the entire Alty team, bench, Parky and Sorvs surrounding the ref with cries of 'You can't do that!'
The Ref consulted his 4th Official whereupon common sense prevailed and the goal was then DISALLOWED.
Cue more protests this time from the Farsley camp
A drop ball was awarded to Alty and about 15 minutes added to the game

I also seem to remember that someone pointed out that the same ref was involved in another incident in another timeframe around about the same timeframe but I don't know.  Could it have been Josh's sending off at Chorley in the playoffs?

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 11:29:58 AM »

in another timeframe around about the same timeframe

Sorry about this it seems as if I descended into a parallel universe there.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team