PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Missing XI
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Missing XI  (Read 7726 times)

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
Missing XI
« on: October 26, 2021, 10:21:55 PM »

TT

White.       Toby.     Digie.       Hampson

Whitehead.    Kirby

Mooney.             Kosylo.               Colclough

Diananga

And room for AJ on the bench.

That is one hell of an injury list!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Missing XI
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 10:23:18 PM »

That team might have won!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 10:26:12 PM »

We really need an update of what is going on with all injuries & illnesses??

We battled well first half but I am fuming we put that display on for a big crowd and national TV. Second half our movement was rubbish.

Would have pulled it on COVID grounds.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 10:28:37 PM »

TT

White.       Toby.     Digie.       Hampson

Whitehead.    Kirby

Mooney.             Kosylo.               Colclough

Diananga

And room for AJ on the bench.

That is one hell of an injury list!

You forgot Brad Jackson, the lucky 13th…

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 10:46:48 PM »

I believe the following is true, somebody(s) does have the Covid meaning any player not double jabbed could not paly. We asked to postpone but the league said no. We signed 2/3 players on loan today.

I assume the missing non jabbed players won't be available Saturday
Full time and proud of it

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 10:48:27 PM »

If the league said that we couldn't postpone the game under those circumstances, that is ludicrous.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2021, 10:49:32 PM »

We should embaress the league in any statement if they've forced us to play.
It's all my fault.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2021, 11:17:47 PM »

Especially strange as National League North gavmes were postponed on the same night for covid reasons

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2021, 09:13:50 AM »

Presumably then Saturdays game could be postponed as its not televised? SBL

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2021, 09:45:16 AM »

That would make obvious that the money was behind the first decision so they won’t do that. I wonder if the fact that our COVID related absences were not as a result of direct infection ie positive tests for players but rather because the players are not vaccinated and so have to isolate, something the league perhaps see as avoidable and therefore on us to deal with?

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2021, 09:47:51 AM »

I assume the difference with the NLN postponements is that they had a player test positive for Covid, whereas our case was on the club staff. I'm sure the fact we were on telly made the NL take a harder line with us than they might otherwise have done but if I'm honest I can see their point of view. The players we were missing on Tuesday were either injured (nine, I make it - a lot but not enough for a postponement) or had effectively made themselves unavailable by not getting double-jabbed. That's hardly the NL's fault.

My understanding is that because Tuesday went ahead, Saturday will go ahead too.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2021, 09:48:30 AM »

That would make obvious that the money was behind the first decision so they won’t do that. I wonder if the fact that our COVID related absences were not as a result of direct infection ie positive tests for players but rather because the players are not vaccinated and so have to isolate, something the league perhaps see as avoidable and therefore on us to deal with?

Great minds, Bath Alty...

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2021, 09:50:42 AM »

If adults choose not to get jabbed up there is very little employers can do. I'm recruiting at work at the moment and I asked if we can ask about candidates vaccination status and I was very clearly told no. What are the club supposed to do?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2021, 12:52:13 PM »

If adults choose not to get jabbed up there is very little employers can do. I'm recruiting at work at the moment and I asked if we can ask about candidates vaccination status and I was very clearly told no. What are the club supposed to do?

Nor, can you ask them if they eat unhealthy food, drink alcohol to excess, do not exercise or have had the flu jab or indeed VD.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2021, 01:20:24 PM »

Nor, can you ask them if they eat unhealthy food, drink alcohol to excess, do not exercise or have had the flu jab or indeed VD.

No need to bring VofD into it! 😂😂😂😂
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Missing XI