PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Grimsby Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Grimsby Match Thread  (Read 16778 times)

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Grimsby Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2021, 11:32:38 AM »

I don't think Southport will let us have a roof if it rains. They'll want the extra advantage that comes with fans in the rain and open end.

Parkinson often references a good crowd lift those lads and we saw it.

Big clubs won't have their tummy tickled for a few quid.

I saw the most influential player of the first half get sent off and a great team 3-0 up sit off and invite us to attack them.

It’s the managers job to get the players up for the game and pick the best 11 for that game. IMO he didn’t pick the best 11 for that game last night.

We won’t take 1200 fans to Southport to warrant having any covered section of their ground so I agree they won’t give us any cover.

Didn't realise their CM, CB or Striker got sent off?.

Parkinson didn't pick the best team, but what we can - and people on this form - can change is our ability to take the 1%s

In August 2020, co-chairman Bill Waterson revealed that the latest ground licensing arrangements permit a capacity crowd of 7,873 spectators at The J. Davidson Stadium,  1,434 on the away end. The crowd was less than that of away fans.

Once again the club have benefitted away fans over home fan experience. Happy to praise, but let's not pretend we get everything right.

No it was just their most influential player that got sent off. Will Bapaga (on loan from Coventry City). Maybe it is a different game from the popular side after all.

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2021, 01:05:30 PM »

I would agree with this. There's still a lot of work to do before we're challenging for the title but that work is underway. Last night reminded me of some of our less successful FA Cup games when we've played a team from two divisions above. They were better, fitter and looked like they knew it...

I don't think Southport will let us have a roof if it rains. They'll want the extra advantage that comes with fans in the rain and open end.

Parkinson often references a good crowd lift those lads and we saw it.

Big clubs won't have their tummy tickled for a few quid.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2021, 12:21:29 PM »

Jackson has completed his suspension so should be available.

Was hoping he hadn't.

You do seem to be holding it against him here...

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2021, 03:40:55 PM »

Was hoping he hadn't.

This was at a point where we had no other choice for full back. I stand by it, he had a mare at Wealdstone, and looked shaky, against Torquay when he we brought on.

Densmore had a class game 2 days earlier at FB.

If you bother to read or listen to my other opinions, I've also said Mooney has to start as has been correct, that Peers is an excellent Sub (as shown so far).

You read the name and decide its going to be wrong opinion.
It's all my fault.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2021, 04:38:28 PM »

Was hoping he hadn't.

This was at a point where we had no other choice for full back. I stand by it, he had a mare at Wealdstone, and looked shaky, against Torquay when he we brought on.

Densmore had a class game 2 days earlier at FB.

If you bother to read or listen to my other opinions, I've also said Mooney has to start as has been correct, that Peers is an excellent Sub (as shown so far).

You read the name and decide its going to be wrong opinion.

I just don't understand why you're knocking Jackson for his performances as an emergency full-back. You might as well slag off Nicky Clee for not being great in goal (an exaggeration but not much of one). And for what it's worth, I agree that he looked shaky to begin with at Torquay but then I thought he did much better in the second half and overall coped quite well for a guy playing out of position who hadn't had a game for three weeks. Generally I think he's been ok at right back, given the circumstances. I'm sure Dens would always be picked ahead of him if he were fully fit - I assume he didn't play against Grimsby because he'd played many more minutes than anticipated against D&R and it was considered too big a risk to play him again a few days later. Seems like sensible, long-term thinking to me.

I always rated Jackson at Chester and on Saturday he gave us a glimpse of what a great alternative to Mooney he could be on the right wing. That is the big story here, not his understandable struggles playing in a position where you, I, he and everyone hopes he doesn't have to play again.

And I'm disagreeing with you because I disagree with the opinions you're expressing. The fact it's you and not any other forum contributor is irrelevant.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2021, 05:06:13 PM »

Dont think Clee conceded a goal while wearing the glove, unlike Johnstone
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2021, 05:29:13 PM »

Much as I enjoy these occasional bouts of fencing, do bear in mind, all of you, that we're all on here because we're all passionate about the Robins!
One of the many things I love about this forum, apart from the passion, is the way it never gets like those of Chester or Southport, for example, do.
I know we're light years away from that and let's keep it like that.
Up the Robins!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Grimsby Match Thread