PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Phil Parkinson
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Phil Parkinson  (Read 7815 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Phil Parkinson
« on: October 09, 2021, 07:48:10 PM »

I am sat contemplating the current management team and comparing them to the many i have seen over the years .

For me personally the best managers I saw us under have been John King, Graham Heathcote and Phil Parkinson ( I enjoyed others at times of course IE Bernard and Lee etc)

Thinking of the year that I was convinced we were going to get promoted under King we had a significant budget then when I think of Graham and Phil we were and are to a larger extend underdogs

I'm not getting carried away as the season is barley underway and a lot can happen but the transformation under Phil and Neil is incredible really from the depths he took us over at

Every year we have seen a step up

And of course couple this with the pitch work and fan zone work etc and significantly increased attendances by the home support in particular it's quite nice to be a lifelong Alty fan again

Long may it continue

Up the reds
ParkINson's red and white army

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Phil Parkinson
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 09:44:09 PM »

"Every year we have seen a step up" is the thing that delights me. Staggering changes throughout the club over this past few years, it's fantastic!

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 10:17:50 PM »

As I said tonight as long as Phil doesn't get ideas above his stations going got a glamorous Jon and the board don't get too fixated on Phil the god, we're on to a good thing here and both can grow together.

All I wanted was to be competitive in every game at conference level, right now we are. Long may it continue.
It's all my fault.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 10:21:25 PM »

Ideas above his station? Wot Like Graham Taylor?

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 10:26:26 PM »

Phil Brown?

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2021, 11:25:05 PM »

It has been quality watching Alty since Phil and Neil took charge.
For me personally I have never seen us play so attacking and it is now around  33/34 years.
It is the football I love to watch and may it bloody continue.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2021, 12:24:58 AM »

As I said tonight as long as Phil doesn't get ideas above his stations going got a glamorous Jon and the board don't get too fixated on Phil the god, we're on to a good thing here and both can grow together.

All I wanted was to be competitive in every game at conference level, right now we are. Long may it continue.

I think this can be loosely translated as “please never leave us, Phil”

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2021, 01:11:57 AM »

I am sat contemplating the current management team and comparing them to the many i have seen over the years .

For me personally the best managers I saw us under have been John King, Graham Heathcote and Phil Parkinson ( I enjoyed others at times of course IE Bernard and Lee etc)

Thinking of the year that I was convinced we were going to get promoted under King we had a significant budget then when I think of Graham and Phil we were and are to a larger extend underdogs

I'm not getting carried away as the season is barley underway and a lot can happen but the transformation under Phil and Neil is incredible really from the depths he took us over at

And of course couple this with the pitch work and fan zone work etc and significantly increased attendances by the home support in particular it's quite nice to be a lifelong Alty fan again

Long may it continue

Up the reds

Still, it takes more than a good budget to be successful, as York have tested to destruction. I'm sure there was one season that we looked like we were headed for relegation, Kingy came in and we ended up finishing 10th! I must say though, 'Cote did well to do what he did at a time when he did not have an assistant manager for a spell, and a total staff budget of 1,800 pounds per week.

(P.S. I like a nice drink of lemon barley, they should sell it at the snack bar I reckon!).

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2021, 01:13:52 AM »

Phil Brown?

Tommy Docherty?

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2021, 01:18:31 AM »

I think this can be loosely translated as “please never leave us, Phil”

I can see why he left Nantwich as he seemed to have taken them as far as they could go, but hopefully, with the exciting developments on and off the pitch at Alty, he will be tempted to stay and be part of something special over the next few years. You think about the circumstances in which he came to this club though, I'm sure he's realistic about how things could change, and will keep his feet on the ground and not think he is untouchable.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2021, 08:04:43 AM »

Matty Doughty was fuming that he didn't get the job  ::)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2021, 08:08:55 AM »

Long may it continue

Up the reds

Still, it takes more than a good budget to be successful, as York have tested to destruction. I'm sure there was one season that we looked like we were headed for relegation, Kingy came in and we ended up finishing 10th! I must say though, 'Cote did well to do what he did at a time when he did not have an assistant manager for a spell, and a total staff budget of 1,800 pounds per week.

(P.S. I like a nice drink of lemon barley, they should sell it at the snack bar I reckon!).
teaser
ParkINson's red and white army

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2021, 09:08:32 AM »

Matty Doughty was fuming that he didn't get the job  ::)

Please don't. The thought alone makes me feel queasy.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2021, 11:01:53 AM »

Takes a short term gain like joining Wrexham or Stockport, same league, bigger fish.

If someone at League 1 takes a punt on him, it's fully deserve.
It's all my fault.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2021, 11:11:05 AM »

Always worried that someone like York would come in for him tbh, but they've recovered after a bad start thankfully. Halifax would be another obvious one, but they are doing well. I think we're ok for now.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Phil Parkinson