PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Grimsby Fans
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Grimsby Fans  (Read 11654 times)

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Grimsby Fans
« on: October 03, 2021, 05:43:26 AM »

According to their forum they have already sold 400 tickets for the game at Alty.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Grimsby Fans
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 06:14:55 AM »

Good, I was hoping they might bring about 500 being top of the league, despite the current problems, though I fear they may get rather wet...

Hopefully be over 1,500 on Tuesday, especially with us not being up against CL or anything. This is basically a top of the table clash - Grimsby have best ppg, we have second best. I know Grimsby scored 6 v. Dover, but D and R scored 5 against Solihull - and we have a 100% home record. Certainly it's a difficult match for us, but it's a difficult match for them too, and things for them to worry about, not just us. Certainly I don't think we need to be afraid of them at the moment. Btw, is their Waterfall the ex Macc player? (And did he play for us briefly too, or did I imagine that?).

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 06:55:53 AM »

Good, I was hoping they might bring about 500 being top of the league, despite the current problems, though I fear they may get rather wet...

Hopefully be over 1,500 on Tuesday, especially with us not being up against CL or anything. This is basically a top of the table clash - Grimsby have best ppg, we have second best. I know Grimsby scored 6 v. Dover, but D and R scored 5 against Solihull - and we have a 100% home record. Certainly it's a difficult match for us, but it's a difficult match for them too, and things for them to worry about, not just us. Certainly I don't think we need to be afraid of them at the moment. Btw, is their Waterfall the ex Macc player? (And did he play for us briefly too, or did I imagine that?).

Luke Waterfall did indeed have the honour of playing for Alty. It's the same fella. He was on loan.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 06:57:39 AM by CRT Butty »

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 07:40:05 AM »

Luke Waterfall did indeed have the honour of playing for Alty. It's the same fella. He was on loan.

On loan from Tranmere, just one start for us. He didn't look anything special back then, but he hit a peak for Lincoln in their great cup run under the Cowleys a few years back.

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2021, 11:59:23 AM »

According to their forum they have already sold 400 tickets for the game at Alty.
Now looking at 800 which would be similar numbers to what nots county bought could be almost 2000 Tuesday night which would be amazing and probably the best mid week attendance at the JD for many years.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2021, 12:19:14 PM »

Now looking at 800 which would be similar numbers to what nots county bought could be almost 2000 Tuesday night which would be amazing and probably the best mid week attendance at the JD for many years.

£££££ In the bank.

andrewflynn

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2021, 12:19:37 PM »

800 on a Tuesday night would be some following. Best bring their coats!

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2021, 02:36:53 PM »

I see that Grimsby have won all 5 of their home games so far this season ... however, they have a relatively poor away record having won only one of their games on the road.

I am very excited about Tuesday's game and honestly think that we have a very realistic chance of taking this one in front of a bumper crowd.

C'mon Alty

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2021, 04:05:37 PM »

Grimsby took circa 1,200 supporters to Edgeley Park on a Tuesday evening back in August.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2021, 04:14:12 PM »

Comments from the Grimsby forum.

'Altrincham and Woking have shown today they are in the mix for promotion potential.
Looks like being a tight league this season'.

'Altrincham, Woking and Bromley are good enough (to date) to challenge and maybe emulate what Sutton did last season.  Be champions and finish ahead of all the ex-EFL clubs'.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2021, 06:46:16 PM »

I see that Grimsby have won all 5 of their home games so far this season ... however, they have a relatively poor away record having won only one of their games on the road.

Same result as us at Torquay, two draws (Maidenhead and Stockport), and a 3-1 defeat at Bromley. They also don't have a great record against us historically. We can and should win this.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 06:48:58 PM by One Foot in the Grave »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2021, 03:23:40 AM »

I know Grimsby are a big club for this level, but that's some following for a Tuesday night! I remember when we took 40-50 to Cleethorpes a few years back on a Tuesday - and then I read in their programme that Southport had taken less than 20! (I honestly can't imagine us taking so few for any league match, I'm sure we had more than 20 for a midweek match at the old Spennymoor United years ago).

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2021, 08:00:59 AM »

Same result as us at Torquay, two draws (Maidenhead and Stockport), and a 3-1 defeat at Bromley. They also don't have a great record against us historically. We can and should win this.

Courtesy of John Laidlar, Grimsby have never won at Moss Lane - one draw, and two defeats.

andrewflynn

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2021, 12:40:08 PM »

Steady.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2021, 01:18:11 PM »

I think he's saying we should be beating teams like Grimsby.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Grimsby Fans