PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Missing next couple of months - Steve from Sale
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Missing next couple of months - Steve from Sale  (Read 6487 times)

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Missing next couple of months - Steve from Sale
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2021, 11:00:36 PM »

Hi Steve,

Just wanted to add my best wishes & wish u good luck for a full & speedy recovery... hopefully u will be back at Moss Lane as soon as possible...

As someone waiting for my own op i know a little bit about how u may feel & if like me probably just want it done (after couple of delays) so u can move on, get better, & hopefully enjoy a better & healtier life...

NB hosps know what they are doing & i'm sure all will be ok...

Good luck again - hope all goes well & hopefully u will be back supporting the Robins soon...

Cheers,
Phil (aka Inter)
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2021, 11:42:37 AM »

Well, wow, that was some to-do. Went for op on Monday 4th October at 7am. Tried to give me epidural but failed, so went under general anaesthetic at 10am. Came round after op at 1400pm. Then it all went slightly wrong!!

A side effect for the operation suddenly hit me, a total shutdown of my digestive system which backed up to my stomach. Trafford General are an operating hospital only now, they contacted Wythenshawe, but needed High Dependency beds, no spaces. One was available at Manchester Royal Infirmary, so I was finally moved by ambulance at 0030am, on my birthday. I was very well looked after by MRI and finally moved onto a general ward a few days later. I reached many low points during my stay. I still carry the memory of messing my bed, crying and saying I want to go home. A nurse sat with me and comforted my with her arm around me, saying it was nothing they had never dealt with before. I cannot underestimate the value of the care I have received from our dear NHS. On Monday after 1 week I felt better, and started my physiotherapy to get me back on my feet.

During my stay in hospital I was able to use Radio Robins and our sites, to stay in touch. I also picked up I had a mention during half time, and heard Brian talking about me on Radio Robins.

Never before has the Alty family ever been so important to me, it lifted my spirits during my low points, and cheered me up immensely. My foster daughters were taken to the match by Carys my wife, and I heard them singing in the main stand with the other under 10's girls. Brian even pointed it out during his commentary.

Finally released from hospital last Wednesday, 13th October, after a record 9 day hospital stay. I am now recuperating at home. The repair job and recovery is very slow but I am taking things a little step at a time. I will listen in this afternoon, and I wish everyone at Alty all the best wishes. Lacie has gone off to play football for the Under 10's v Timperley.
I have come out of this a much wiser man, look after your health everybody, it is important to you, and things can change in an instant.

Fondest regards

Steve from Sale   

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2021, 11:50:29 AM »

Very sorry to read about your trials and tribulations Steve.
Let's hope the lads can cheer you up a bit this afternoon!
Hope you're feeling much better very soon mate.
Brian (Saughall Robin)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2021, 11:54:55 AM »

A real ordeal Steve. Best wishes for your continued recovery.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2021, 04:56:54 PM »

Get well soon fella

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2021, 09:16:38 AM »

Hope your recovery continues Steve