PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 JORDAN HULME
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: JORDAN HULME  (Read 6804 times)

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
JORDAN HULME
« on: September 30, 2021, 01:12:27 PM »

Heard from a source (mate at Ashton) that Jordan Hulme will be signing for Ashton Utd on loan this afternoon... not sure how reliable info is but if true should be confirmed eitherway between 2-3pm...

As much as Jordan left us bit in lurch on eve of previous season start (& we've not really filled the striking void since) i wish him well if true... just glad he wont be playing against us!
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: JORDAN HULME
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 01:47:07 PM »

I think we have now filled the gap, if the club accepted an offer for him then its not all his fault.  Still take him on our team for me, all be it on the bench for Dinanga atm
Bernard Taylors barmy army

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 02:12:19 PM »

Strange signing, would have assumed he'd go Curzon.
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2021, 02:18:13 PM »

As much as Jordan left us bit in lurch...

Understatement of the year!

He left us right in the poo!
However, we were happy with the transfer fee and we couldn't match what fylde offered to pay him so that's that.
The only sad part for me was the evident lack of ambition to play in the national division he displayed. For that reason alone he shouldn't come back. The current squad is FULL of ambition!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2021, 02:40:44 PM »

How the mighty have fallen

Fuk him
Full time and proud of it

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2021, 02:51:46 PM »

I cant agree, he was instrumental in resurrecting this club from the depths, I'll always be grateful for the superb goals.  We may have moved on but i hold no bad feelings
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2021, 02:59:40 PM »

Confirmed as signed now on Ashton twitter acc...

https://twitter.com/AshtonUnitedFC/status/1443561274621579266?s=20
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2021, 03:25:39 PM »

Do you think he's made a mistake when he heard the Robins were going in for him? 😊😊
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2021, 04:38:45 PM »

I cant agree, he was instrumental in resurrecting this club from the depths, I'll always be grateful for the superb goals.  We may have moved on but i hold no bad feelings

This. He was great for us and a likeable character also.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2021, 04:55:27 PM »

He made a mistake leaving us (as did JJ). We made a good amount of profit on the pair of them. Though I am by no means convinced by our present attacking options, it is safe to say that we have moved on.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2021, 05:10:58 PM »

Totally agree

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2021, 07:05:49 PM »

Can't blame him if Fylde were paying him significantly more than we could at the time, and the offer was right. Suited all parties and whilst inconvenient for us, we've generally coped on the whole.

Never been keen on the idea of having him back, he was great for us but (a) he's in the past and (b) there's no guarantee he'd perform at this level anyway.

This club has proven over recent years that they tend to get more decisions right than wrong - and that includes accepting the fees we got for JJ and Jordan.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2021, 07:58:36 PM »

I've always taken the view that we were lucky to get three good seasons (and some transfer money) out of a quality of player we could never reasonably have expected to  get after relegation to the NPL, so I wish him all the best at Ashton United. (Incidentally, I thought Colclough's goal had a touch of Hulme about it v KL. We seem to have done ok in the long run).

People will always make mistakes. I suppose one could say that Chris senior made a mistake going to Darlington, or Keith Curle going to Chester City. Still, Hulme had his shot at full time football, and that's what he wanted, wasn't it?

And I see Watmore scored a corker the other night. Definitely one that got away from us in terms of sell on fee, the way he had been playing against the likes of Arsenal.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 08:35:30 PM by Hugh »

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2021, 08:04:04 PM »

In my opinion Fylde are placing Jordan in the shop window.  He has shown himself to be a prolific goalscorer at that level and I have no doubt that he will soon be knocking them in again soon drawing the attention of teams that may be convinced to take him for a fee.

I harbour no bad feelings towards him and would have him back (if just until the end of this season).  His performance at Portsmouth in the cup demonstrated that he can mix it at a higher level when he so applies himself and I would agree with Toff Apple that he would be ideal coming off the bench.

Can we have him back please?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2021, 08:17:55 PM »

I've always taken the view that we were lucky to get three good seasons (and some transfer money) out of a quality of player we could never reasonably have expected to  get after relegation to the NPL, so I widh him all the best at Ashton United. (Incidentally, I thought Colclough's goal had a touch of Hulme about it v KL. We seem to have done ok in the long run).

People will always make mistakes. I suppose one could say that Chris senior made a mistake going to Darlington, or Keith Curle going to Chester City. Still, Hulme had his shot at full time football, and that's what he wanted, wasn't it?

And I see Watmore scored a corker the other night. Definitely one that got away from us in terms of sell on fee, the way he had been playing against the likes of Arsenal.

I'm not quite sure how going on to score the 119th-minute winning goal for Darlington in the 2011 FA Trophy Final at Wembley constitutes a bad career move.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 JORDAN HULME