PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yeovil Town Away Tickets
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Yeovil Town Away Tickets  (Read 8969 times)

Knutsford Alty

Yeovil Town Away Tickets
« on: September 13, 2021, 10:41:10 AM »

Hi All,

Anyone know the information with tickets for Yeovil Away next Saturday? Is there a saving beforehand booking up front or can you pay on the door?

Looking on their website, pre-booking tickets looks like it is postage or collection at their ground.

Thanks.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Yeovil Town Away Tickets
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 02:08:58 PM »

you can buy on the day from the ticket office at the ground,but its an extra £2 per ticket.I have bought mine this morning and paid the extra 80 pence postage,its a pity that you cannot print them off online like the Torquay ones were.
Harold

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 07:02:50 PM »

If anyone got non- refundable accommodation booked.....please PM me.....I have a close friend who is hoping to travel down to Yeovil for the game they have rearranged with Chesterfield FC
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 11:40:18 PM »

Now no longer required, And you wonder why I prefer to pay on the gate!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 03:39:33 PM »

i ordered my ticket on Monday morning,then the game gets called off.Tuesday had an email from Yeovil asking if i wanted a refund or to carry the tickets over.Ticket arrived Wednesday and i decided to contact Yeovil and to carry the ticket over to when we do play them,Its only just over the hour away so can go midweek if need be.
Harold

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 10:46:23 AM »

Now no longer required, And you wonder why I prefer to pay on the gate!

Hugh, get over it please.

No one is arsed about it apart from you and you quite obviously are not affected so what's the issue?
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2021, 02:36:47 AM »

I have my doubts. I'm pretty sure it would have been a different crowd against Dover if you had to get tickets in advance. I seem to remember going to Southport (and probably other places - King's Lynn?) and you had to find a ticket office, queue up for a ticket, and then queue up again to get in, and I thought, this is a right hassle. And if you do it by phone and have to spend time giving your details, or do it over the internet and likewise give your details plus spend several minutes turning a computer on, it's still a hassle compared to a couple of seconds to pay on the gate after deciding at a quarter to three that one fancies going. The whole point of non-league football is it's supposed to be free of the hassle of watching big clubs. This is something new in my my time watching Alty (apart from the occasional game, as indicated), and it's the first few games of this new situation. What's the big rush to move on?

As I say, I have no problem with other people doing this, and the Dover match was no problem, but one has to recognise that everyone's situation is different and ideally try and cater for this so far as possible, and I personally will in general not go to away matches if I can't pay on the day, or for that matter if I can't go on standing terraces. My money, my choice.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 02:47:10 AM by Hugh »

RolfGoad

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2021, 06:19:37 AM »

Cash handed from one person to another carries germs. It’s fine that some people can only use cash, but it’s on its way out, with good reason.

Cashless is safer. Plain fact.

Here’s a link for you, there are hundreds though:

https://www.insider.com/does-money-carry-germs
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 06:25:42 AM by RolfGoad »

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2021, 06:51:45 AM »

Cash handed from one person to another carries germs. It’s fine that some people can only use cash, but it’s on its way out, with good reason.

It should be put out of its misery.

andrewflynn

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2021, 07:57:13 AM »

I have my doubts. I'm pretty sure it would have been a different crowd against Dover if you had to get tickets in advance. I seem to remember going to Southport (and probably other places - King's Lynn?) and you had to find a ticket office, queue up for a ticket, and then queue up again to get in, and I thought, this is a right hassle. And if you do it by phone and have to spend time giving your details, or do it over the internet and likewise give your details plus spend several minutes turning a computer on, it's still a hassle compared to a couple of seconds to pay on the gate after deciding at a quarter to three that one fancies going. The whole point of non-league football is it's supposed to be free of the hassle of watching big clubs. This is something new in my my time watching Alty (apart from the occasional game, as indicated), and it's the first few games of this new situation. What's the big rush to move on?

As I say, I have no problem with other people doing this, and the Dover match was no problem, but one has to recognise that everyone's situation is different and ideally try and cater for this so far as possible, and I personally will in general not go to away matches if I can't pay on the day, or for that matter if I can't go on standing terraces. My money, my choice.

Is it?

It’s that sort of thinking that holds clubs in these leagues back.

It might work for a Witton or a Wythenshawe Town but we’re bigger than marketing ourselves that way. We need to cherry pick the modern features that the majority of fans want, like online ticketing, better sponsor facilities, and a better kit supplier - all three of which have been massively successful for the club so far.

Non-league clubs need to get out of the mindset that their role is to be there as an alternative at 2:45pm if John United fancies watching.

We’re here to convert people into Altrincham fans by catering to their modern expectations whilst maintaining some of the traditional quirks that make us an attractive alternative. It’s the natural progression of clubs at this level, in keeping with the way the developed world is moving.

Do it or be left behind, playing in front of 400 old men and ground hoppers, wondering why the town doesn’t back you.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2021, 09:05:05 AM »

Whilst I think Hugh is over thinking the problems of advance tickets you neurotic thoughts about cash are so far from reality its quite scary.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2021, 09:23:20 AM »

Is it?

It might work for a Witton or a Wythenshawe Town but we’re bigger than marketing ourselves that way. We need to cherry-pick the modern features that the majority of fans want, like online ticketing, better sponsor facilities, and a better kit supplier - all three of which have been massively successful for the club so far.

Non-league clubs need to get out of the mindset that their role is to be there as an alternative at 2:45 pm if John United fancies watching.

We’re here to convert people into Altrincham fans by catering to their modern expectations whilst maintaining some of the traditional quirks that make us an attractive alternative. It’s the natural progression of clubs at this level, in keeping with the way the developed world is moving.

Do it or be left behind, playing in front of 400 old men and groundhoppers, wondering why the town doesn’t back you.

We should always allow pay on the day. The day we start having to apply for allocations for away tickets, or entering ballots is the day Altrincham stops being for me.
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2021, 09:28:34 AM »

Is it?

It might work for a Witton or a Wythenshawe Town but we’re bigger than marketing ourselves that way. We need to cherry-pick the modern features that the majority of fans want, like online ticketing, better sponsor facilities, and a better kit supplier - all three of which have been massively successful for the club so far.

Non-league clubs need to get out of the mindset that their role is to be there as an alternative at 2:45 pm if John United fancies watching.

Do it or be left behind, playing in front of 400 old men and groundhoppers, wondering why the town doesn’t back you.

We should always allow pay on the day. The day we start having to apply for allocations for away tickets, or entering ballots is the day Altrincham stops being for me.

If I can hop on the met up to the Etihad tomorrow and grab a ticket for City v Southampton from their ticket office I don't think fans of Altrincham have anything to be immediately worried about to be honest.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2021, 11:00:23 AM »

Just to throw my 2 pence in like a lot of part timers who cant make a lot of games these days I am always trying to drag different mates down and paying on the day makes it much more likely to get a few in on the day than paying £17 in advance.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2021, 12:20:13 PM »

Just an illustration from the Dover game.

Of the 1800 home fans, around 1000 bought tickets in in advance (including season ticket holders) and 800 paid cash on the day. 

Its only a couple of seasons since 800 was all we would get.  So we handled what was a normal crowd of few years ago paying on the door and normal crowd from the following season buying in advance.

The only way we can regularly handle crowds of this size, and we want them to become the norm, is if a substantial number buy in advance.

When we brought in e-ticketing, I made it clear we would not move away from cash payments on the day.  And this remains the case - unless of course legislation intervenes to prevent this.

As many home fans as possible, and catering for all preferences in terms of them getting access.  But more and more converting to advance purchase because this makes it easier for everyone. 
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yeovil Town Away Tickets