PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yeovil Town Away Tickets
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Yeovil Town Away Tickets  (Read 8958 times)

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Yeovil Town Away Tickets
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2021, 09:27:10 AM »

I would be prepared to use a contactless debit card for entry, something I have often done at the beer bar (now in the fan zone), and which I assume would allow faster entry similar to the ticketing system. I still think a cash option should be available if possible though. I know there are people who prefer to pay with cash as a matter of principle, for example. However, I rarely use a printer and don't have a smart phone, so it would mean quite a lot of hassle for me personally under the current ticketing system. Is the club considering a bank card payment option (on the turnstiles I mean)?
Maybe there should just be a turnstile for you, equipped to support every type of ticket arrangement depending on your whim on the day?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2021, 09:32:27 AM »

I would be prepared to use a contactless debit card for entry, something I have often done at the beer bar (now in the fan zone), and which I assume would allow faster entry similar to the ticketing system. I still think a cash option should be available if possible though. I know there are people who prefer to pay with cash as a matter of principle, for example. However, I rarely use a printer and don't have a smart phone, so it would mean quite a lot of hassle for me personally under the current ticketing system. Is the club considering a bank card payment option (on the turnstiles I mean)?
Maybe there should just be a turnstile for you, equipped to support every type of ticket arrangement depending on your whim on the day?

I mean that's essentially what the metrolink and tube have.

It's all my fault.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2021, 09:46:07 AM »

Pretty sure e-tickets were scanned for the last 3 home games last season
Full time and proud of it

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2021, 10:02:07 AM »

* probably worth stressing to the club at this stage - whilst not wanting to be a grass on anyone in particular - that it was almost TOO easy - i.e. I flashed my phone for a millisecond, if people cotton on to this and the stewards are eager to get people in, people could start trying it on and flashing any old ticket. Maybe we actually need to start scanning them - or maybe we usually should be doing, and the steward had given up by that stage?

This is a very good point - one QR code looks pretty much like any other. If scanning isn't done, we're open to unscrupulous individuals buying one ticket and using it all season.

andrewflynn

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2021, 10:32:43 AM »

* probably worth stressing to the club at this stage - whilst not wanting to be a grass on anyone in particular - that it was almost TOO easy - i.e. I flashed my phone for a millisecond, if people cotton on to this and the stewards are eager to get people in, people could start trying it on and flashing any old ticket. Maybe we actually need to start scanning them - or maybe we usually should be doing, and the steward had given up by that stage?

This is a very good point - one QR code looks pretty much like any other. If scanning isn't done, we're open to unscrupulous individuals buying one ticket and using it all season.

I've heard similar from a few people, who also suggested they could have print screened their ticket and sent it around a group of mates to get them all in for the cost of one.

People will do this if it isn't nipped in the bud. It catches on quickly.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2021, 11:48:00 AM »

We will be introducing the potential for card payment on the turnstile - getting the card machines is proving challenging, like getting anything these days. 

But the contactless pay on the day option will be in place very soon, if not quite for Notts County .

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2021, 09:01:02 PM »

Very funny, but hardly helpful. I suppose I could always do something else with my time if it came to it. Believe it or not, for various reasons not everyone carries a working smart phone around with them all the time, and this is likely to remain the case.
carries a smart phone around with them, and this is likely to remain the case. 

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2021, 09:27:47 PM »

Very funny, but hardly helpful. I suppose I could always do something else with my time if it came to it. Believe it or not, for various reasons not everyone carries a working smart phone around with them all the time, and this is likely to remain the case.
carries a smart phone around with them, and this is likely to remain the case.

Have you got an echo over there echo over there? 😊
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2021, 09:39:42 PM »

I can't believe I am writing this on a football forum . Germs exist on cash well I never . Next people will be telling me germs are air Bourne and are all around us and on our hands and faces .

We cant hold back the tide none of us can

It's like no one dies of anything else anymore . The air we breath it's self is contaminated. Should we stop breathing?

Good night x

Beer glasses, door handles, pens and park benches....nothing is safe anymore. We all know cash can be dirty and that is why we were taught to keep fingers out of our mouths at school and to wash our hands...a school where we shared PE kit if you forgot yours on purpose to avoid an hours cross country when it was snowing and minus five....smile.

PS......can you still catch VD from a pub toilet seat

That's still my excuse.

And well said Wayno: perspective!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Yeovil Town Away Tickets