PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kings Lynn match thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Kings Lynn match thread  (Read 14643 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Kings Lynn match thread
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2021, 07:19:08 PM »

just heard that Truro City v Dorchester has been called off due to the fuel shortage.hope we are ok on that front.
Harold

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2021, 07:39:52 PM »

I heard there's going to be a beer shortage in te fanszone. Get down early ;-)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2021, 07:55:36 PM »

Have the covers been deployed?

LOL, if we need covers again, need to be full pitch covers and supplemental draining around the perimeter, water needs to go somewhere.

Rain is currently light, so if stays steady, should be no issues.

Winter Break, anyone?
😂😂

Spend the break looking for Chris Senior!

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2021, 09:53:32 PM »

Lovely booster.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2021, 09:54:00 PM »

Sounds like a very convincing result in the end, brilliant stuff. Shame we're not into the playoffs, but we've still got those games in hand!

How many were in the ground? Who were the standout performers? How did we set up after Furman replaced Colclough - I assume Kozzy moved to the left and we went 4141 with Furman & Pringle in front of Jake?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2021, 10:21:15 PM »

Bit of a odd one. They were much the better team until we scored the 2nd then it could have been a mitt full.

Amazing touch and skill from Pringle for the 2nd,  but not too keen with him playing next to Moult protecting.

Hope Bunny and Colclough are ok for Sat.

Great result and trurnout
Full time and proud of it

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2021, 10:23:58 PM »

Sounds like a very convincing result in the end, brilliant stuff. Shame we're not into the playoffs, but we've still got those games in hand!

How many were in the ground? Who were the standout performers? How did we set up after Furman replaced Colclough - I assume Kozzy moved to the left and we went 4141 with Furman & Pringle in front of Jake?

The attendance was 1009 with 42 away fans. Very pleasing figure with the bad weather today and PSG-City on the TV. No question about 200-250 more then a Tuesday night game in the past against similar opposition at this level.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2021, 10:34:37 PM »

The attendance was 1009 with 42 away fans. Very pleasing figure with the bad weather today and PSG-City on the TV. No question about 200-250 more then a Tuesday night game in the past against similar opposition at this level.

Pringle a cut above again. The sort of performance you expect but rarely get from an Ex EFL player.
It's all my fault.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2021, 11:14:02 PM »

Have the covers been deployed?

LOL, if we need covers again, need to be full pitch covers and supplemental draining around the perimeter, water needs to go somewhere.

Rain is currently light, so if stays steady, should be no issues.

Winter Break, anyone?
😂😂

Spend the break looking for Chris Senior!
I think he is at Darlington
ParkINson's red and white army

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2021, 11:14:36 PM »

First half Kings Lynn probably unlucky to go in 1-0 down, saying that Tony T was superb.
As the game wore on we dominated a lot more - could have scored 6 or 7. Think they played last15-20 minutes with ten men after making all their subs?
Jake had another good game, Ben Pringle probably deserved man of match.

Still, an excellent result, another entertaining game and back to back wins. Well done all!  8)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2021, 11:52:22 PM »

Great result.. Ben Pringle was great value for his MoM, he makes the game look very easy and his close control is very good, I thought collectively the team put in another good performance . Great to see Josh get on the scorecard.

The team are playing decent stuff, long may it continue.

Onwards & Upwards..

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2021, 08:09:44 AM »

My first game of the season.

We only got going 5 or 10 mins after HT and then played some top football.

Pringle was very good. Made a difference when Senior pushed forward, we need that from our fullbacks. Seems like a tactic to reserve their energy until the second half. We are often much better second half at home and that is to do with our fullbacks getting down the wings.

I really enjoyed the game, both teams being direct and some of our passing second half was top quality.

Maybe start Hancock up top away on Sat. He can hold the ball up better. No reason why we can't cause them trouble, hoping for a positive attacking selection.

Keep going lads.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 09:07:00 AM by oneedham »

Strong summer needed

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2021, 08:32:13 AM »

👌

andrewflynn

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2021, 10:06:10 AM »

Good game of football between two decent sides, and another well earned result. Our best start to a season under Phil and Neil so full credit to them, we've clearly prepared very well and the extra sessions have paid off. Great to see and long may it continue into the season.

We were really flat in the first half and if KL had any teeth about them we probably should have gone in behind but the game changed in the second half when we managed to get Pringle on the ball higher up the pitch. He's brilliant. KL played a very similar game on tv against Dagenham where they battered them in the first half but quickly faded in the second as the better side took hold. They will be fine this season, they're decent.

Trying not to read too much into late-game onslaught as reading their match report I notice that they were down to ten men, I missed that during the game.

Furman, Hancock and Peers from the bench is a big indication of how we have strengthened. This might be the best squad we have had in decades. All in all we got the job done, big test and measure of how good we really are on Saturday. Let everyone fear us.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2021, 03:58:43 PM »

On last evening's evidence, I'd be quite happy to see the entertaining Junior Morais in our squad.

A sort of compressed version of Michael Rankine. That was one hell of a venomous shot for their goal!

Meanwhile, Mullarkey is looking increasingly impressive and accomplished at this level.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kings Lynn match thread