PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wealdstone match tickets on sale
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wealdstone match tickets on sale  (Read 7034 times)

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wealdstone match tickets on sale
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2021, 01:18:05 PM »

Quote from: Sale Holmfield link=topic=25562.msg303479#msg303479 date=163095938
[/quote
They are good value tickets,  but, as Mrs Warbouys has said,  they are only on the slower train from Crewe.

I was going to add, though, that you will be okay travelling from Harrow-on-the-Hill on the day, but, unfortunately there is work on the line, so there are no services between central London and Harrow on the Metropolitan Line on Saturday. You can still get to Ruislip on the Piccadilly Line or you could use the Central Line to Ruislip Gardens, which is  a bit further away from Wealdstone's ground, but is a faster trip from London.

They would mean changing at Leicester Square or Oxford Circus respectively from Euston, not Euston Square.  I hope I have got this right, and am open to corrections....

You have got it correct and I am grateful to you for spotting what I had missed. Getting from Harrow on the Hill to London Euston in time for our train at 10.00 am on Sunday is proving more difficult then I might of imagined.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2021, 04:24:49 PM »

Quote from: Sale Holmfield link=topic=25562.msg303479#msg303479 date=163095938
[/quote
They are good value tickets,  but, as Mrs Warbouys has said,  they are only on the slower train from Crewe.

I was going to add, though, that you will be okay travelling from Harrow-on-the-Hill on the day, but, unfortunately there is work on the line, so there are no services between central London and Harrow on the Metropolitan Line on Saturday. You can still get to Ruislip on the Piccadilly Line or you could use the Central Line to Ruislip Gardens, which is  a bit further away from Wealdstone's ground, but is a faster trip from London.

They would mean changing at Leicester Square or Oxford Circus respectively from Euston, not Euston Square.  I hope I have got this right, and am open to corrections....

You have got it correct and I am grateful to you for spotting what I had missed. Getting from Harrow on the Hill to London Euston in time for our train at 10.00 am on Sunday is proving more difficult then I might of imagined.

If you're on one of the slower trains from Euston to Crewe, it may well stop at Harrow & Wealdstone and/or Watford Junction, in which case you might be better off getting a bus or cab to one of those rather than schlepping all the way into Euston.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2021, 08:09:55 PM »

If you're on one of the slower trains from Euston to Crewe, it may well stop at Harrow & Wealdstone and/or Watford Junction, in which case you might be better off getting a bus or cab to one of those rather than schlepping all the way into Euston.

Leon, You are champion.  The train calls at Harrow & Wealdstone on the way back to Crewe. We will even be able to have our breakfast which we thought was a gonner.  Thank you.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2021, 09:39:14 PM »

Leon, You are champion.  The train calls at Harrow & Wealdstone on the way back to Crewe. We will even be able to have our breakfast which we thought was a gonner.  Thank you.

Technically you're in breach of the terms of an Advanced ticket if you don't get on/off at the appointed stations, even if the train stops at the station you're interested in see section 6 at https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ticket_types/46546.aspx. An officious ticket inspector, or a ticket barrier, may be an obstacle here. If you have other ticket types then you may well be ok.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2021, 10:40:57 PM »

Technically you're in breach of the terms of an Advanced ticket if you don't get on/off at the appointed stations, even if the train stops at the station you're interested in see section 6 at https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ticket_types/46546.aspx. An officious ticket inspector, or a ticket barrier, may be an obstacle here. If you have other ticket types then you may well be ok.

I had the latter situation a few years ago when I wanted to break a journey in Birmingham. I went on Trainline and bought a return ticket to the nearest station to New Street, and got off and on to to the platform by using it.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2021, 09:39:09 AM »

Got our Wealdstone tickets, we’re staying in the general area watching the pros play golf on the Friday at Wentworth

Ray, Keep an eye out for David Horsey, my clubs tour pro at STYAL

Will do Bryan
There is also a local lad from Shrewsbury called Ashley Chesters who is the pro at Hawkstone Park .

See your boy is in the same group as mine Ray.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2021, 07:32:30 PM »

Hi Bryan..
We got there and they were just starting on the first so we followed them round for the first 5 holes. We also watched them finish,David Horsey easily qualified for weekend at 4 under Ashley Chesters finished on 1 under and was sweating on making the cut. The place was maxed out with fans and I actually bumped into a couple of our golf mates from Shrewsbury golf club.. hope to see you at Wealdstone tomorrow.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wealdstone match tickets on sale