News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Two things from Alty Files

Author Topic: Two things from Alty Files  (Read 3528 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: August 30, 2021, 08:42:44 AM »

Two bits of information from the excellent altyfiles website which caught my eye this morning:-
"At the age of 32, former Alty, Stoke City and Middlesbrough defender Ryan Shotton has joined Hanley Town after a spell in Australia."
I would have thought Ryan could still do a decent job, unless he suffered a bad injury

Then halifax manager:-

"And I need to watch Altrincham, then I’ll start to make my mind up on what we do.'
When asked if changes should be expected for the Altrincham game, Wild said 'It depends how we recover, it depends what I see of Altrincham, it depends what I think we need to be better at.'"

I'd have thought he'd have looked into us before Sunday, doesnt seem very good preparation
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Two things from Alty Files
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 07:29:40 PM »

Two bits of information from the excellent altyfiles website which caught my eye this morning:-
"At the age of 32, former Alty, Stoke City and Middlesbrough defender Ryan Shotton has joined Hanley Town after a spell in Australia."
I would have thought Ryan could still do a decent job, unless he suffered a bad injury
See he’s still at Hanley and playing.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 10:55:31 PM »

I seem to remember being surprised about Shotton turning up at Matlock last season (and having a bit of a row as I recall). Then again, John Johnstone ended up at Kidsgrove, so I suppose these things happen. I always hoped that Kevin Ellison would come back to us at some point, but instead he carries on in the football league at 42! He must be on for some sort of record by now.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 03:05:47 PM »

I seem to remember being surprised about Shotton turning up at Matlock last season (and having a bit of a row as I recall). Then again, John Johnstone ended up at Kidsgrove, so I suppose these things happen. I always hoped that Kevin Ellison would come back to us at some point, but instead he carries on in the football league at 42! He must be on for some sort of record by now.

I think Matlock have quite a bit of backing behind them for that level to be honest.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team