News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Need a Bag Carrier?

Author Topic: Need a Bag Carrier?  (Read 4056 times)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Need a Bag Carrier?
« on: January 25, 2022, 11:57:07 AM »

Matt Gould called up by New Zealand. In New York Friday then Abu Dhabi on Tuesday. In Nantwich goalkeeping usually.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Need a Bag Carrier?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 09:50:47 PM »

If you are carrying his bags, don't go to New York as the Jordan game on Friday is actually at the New York University Stadium in Abu Dhabi! The Uzbekistan game on Tuesday is then in Dubai. Good luck to Matty Gould in his adventure.

I can't think of a player having a full international callup while at the club. Lee Ramoon seems a strong possibility, but I can't recall him playing for the Cayman Islands while he was on our books, although he was loaned out most of the time.

https://www.nzfootball.co.nz/newsarticle/111292?newsfeedId=1275608

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 01:06:40 PM »

Danny Higginbottom ?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 01:19:58 PM »

Sammy Ayorinde on loan to us...Nigeria? Complete guess

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2022, 02:28:43 PM »

I am sure Marc Joseph played for Antigua and Barbuda during his time with us.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2022, 03:52:37 PM »

Danny Higginbottom ?

Ahh Yes .. Two games Higginbottom.. one game at home  and one at Gainsborough if memory serves..

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2022, 07:58:50 PM »

If you are carrying his bags, don't go to New York as the Jordan game on Friday is actually at the New York University Stadium in Abu Dhabi! The Uzbekistan game on Tuesday is then in Dubai. Good luck to Matty Gould in his adventure.

I can't think of a player having a full international callup while at the club. Lee Ramoon seems a strong possibility, but I can't recall him playing for the Cayman Islands while he was on our books, although he was loaned out most of the time.

I had second thoughts thankfully. Could have been an expensive mistake! 😱

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2022, 08:22:30 PM »

I had second thoughts thankfully. Could have been an expensive mistake! 😱

Phew! Good to hear.

Meanwhile, I am sure Andrew is right that  Marc Joseph did play for Antigua and Barbuda while he was with us. I did have a nagging feeling that somebody had played for a Caribbean nation but had forgotten about him.

If he had stayed on our books for longer than a fortnight,  Danny Higginbotham would have played for Gibraltar while an Altrincham player, I am sure.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2022, 10:20:44 PM »

Ramoon actually scored for us didn't he? Presumably that would be the only time a full international has scored for us?

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2022, 10:58:08 PM »

Ramoon actually scored for us didn't he? Presumably that would be the only time a full international has scored for us?

He did, but so did Marc Joseph.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2022, 03:04:43 PM »

I can’t believe Marc Joseph played international football for anyone, small island nation or not. He was atrocious for us. Being charitable, that may have been because he was simply past his best at the age he joined us.

James Lawrie had 3 full Northern Ireland caps before joining us, so there’s him as well.

In fact, I’d venture he’d be the international with most goals in Alty shirt.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2022, 03:36:50 PM »

Losing 2 1 at present. Gould on the bench
It's all my fault.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Need a Bag Carrier?