PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FC Halifax Town match
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: FC Halifax Town match  (Read 9937 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: FC Halifax Town match
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2021, 07:48:42 AM »

Tough afternoon to take, exacerbated by an attention-seeking steward and heavy-handed police officers. Kicking people out of the ground was utterly ridiculous, the fella wanted a fight from the first minute.

As for the football, it showed they had an extra game in the tank - much sharper than us all over the pitch and the scoreline was more than a fair reflection of that.

Unlike Torquay, many usually reliable players were far from their best - Senior was particularly poor, Bunney didn't contribute anything down that side, and Kirby struggled to make an impact whatsoever. Same with Hancock.

Dinanga had one of the most contrasting games I think I've ever seen - hopeless in the first half, looked a different player in the second half - put himself about a bit, looked more confident and held the ball up well.

Despite the unfortunate assist for their second goal, I thought Pringle looked reasonably decent when he came on, and Jackson showed some good flashes too.

Tom Hannigan deserved better.

Still, we'd have taken 2pts at this stage with 2 opening away games (although Torquay's result yesterday might put that one into context) and we have 3; winnable home game at the weekend to get us going again.

The Three Pigeons is a cracking boozer.

Onwards and upwards.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: FC Halifax Town match
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2021, 08:38:36 AM »

I'd agree with most of the above, but I thought Bunney had a decent first half before seeming to run out of steam. Lack of match fitness I'd say - he'll come good.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FC Halifax Town match