News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty Rewards - Update

Author Topic: Alty Rewards - Update  (Read 2576 times)

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
Alty Rewards - Update
« on: August 16, 2021, 09:19:10 PM »

In the interests of equality i thought i would share the below email...

Now i know with most things in life the negative is usually reported more than the positive, but wanted to show that when things do go wrong occasionally people try to rectify issues - this is the case with the recent Alty Rewards 'mistake'...

Background...
The recent 'Thank You' thread (see seperately) was a Thank You initially to the Club for letting some fans attend the recent annual Team Photo... however, the Alty Rewards members were forgotten (part of their reward that they pay towards is the ability to attend said photo shoot)...

After this was highlighted, the Board admitted dropping the ball and have apologised for their mistake... also after realising this 'error' they wanted to put things right for the fans effected... this is good to see... in life we cannot change the past but can admit mistakes & try to put rectify issues... fair play to the Board in this matter...

Here is the email that all Alty Reward members should have received today from the Club...

NB it admits the error & apologises, offers alternative meet player opportunity, adds all to Patrons list (though in my case i already am a Patron), plus an Alty shirt (which is another perk every 12mths that Alty Rewards members pay towards)...

I do appreciate the fact that our Board are always trying to push the club forward & on rare occasions they make an error they try to resolve whatever issue as soon as possible to try to keep fans happy who are the heart of any club.

----------------

CLUB EMAIL:

Alty Rewards

15 Aug at 23:00

Dear Alty Rewards Member

We would like to sincerely apologise for not having fulfilled one of the benefits of your Membership an invitation to the Alty FC Photo Shoot this week.  This was an unfortunate oversight on our part and we hold our hands up to our mistake.

The Alty Rewards scheme was set up as a direct additional contribution to the Alty playing budget, helping us give Phil and Neil the resources they need to take this club forward.  And its fair to say your help has made a huge difference in this area.  We have been able to adapt like never before – we reacted to the loss of John Johnston by bringing in Mahon, Durrell and Mooney and that led directly to promotion back to the National League.  And last season we strengthened massively during the season with the arrival of Ali Smith and Ryan Colclough.  We wouldn’t have been able to do this without the funds made available to us from you all through Alty Rewards.

And this season, a critical season for the Robins, has seen the Board set the highest ever playing budget at the club, again underpinned by the Alty Rewards contribution.

Its fair to say that the onset of COVID-19 has limited our ability in many respects to deliver on the commitments of the scheme, but now as society opens up once again we will put the necessary measures in place.

As you were not able to attend the photo shoot last week, we would like to invite you down to have photo with some of the players on the 2nd September. Please let me know if you would like to attend.

We have also added you to the Patrons list and raffle.

Now that we have the new Puma kit available, please let me know if you would like a new Home or Away shirt and what size you would like.

We really appreciate all you do for us. Thank you for your continued support

Regards,

Lawrence
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

KingsOfTheGolfRoad

Re: Alty Rewards - Update
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 01:03:20 PM »

It is good that the club jumped on it and responded, even if it is a bit 'we forgot, we'll do it now, thanks for your money.' We know the club have been nudged on this a few times by various people so it is a shame that it has come to this.

The problem wasn't with the oversight, it was with the initiative being flawed. If it wasn't flagged on this forum there could have been more months go by, with more money being taken, without anything from the club.

Those still signed up need more clarity on the future plans for this initiative.

• What are the rewards for the season ahead?
  • Are they staying the same in 2021/22 or changing?
  • How do they know this will improve and when can they expect to receive them?

We could also open up the whole can of worms with regards to substitutes for COVID-effected rewards that are owed. Some of which go back two seasons, like events with Phil and Neil.

Plenty more would sign up, or sign back up for this if it was relaunched and made clearer. Come on Alty, we know there's plenty of good fundraising brain power at the club now, give this some ownership and you'll see it well supported like everything you put out.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty Rewards - Update