Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Torquay Away - who would you pick to start?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Torquay Away - who would you pick to start?  (Read 6654 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Torquay Away - who would you pick to start?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2021, 08:27:01 AM »

After the great news tonight about Colclough (after fearing he may leave like Smithy) i change my Torquay team to the following...

TT
Senior   Mullarkey   Hannigan   Fitzpatrick
                     Moult   Colclough
          Kosylo   Hancock   Mooney
                          Dinanga

Subs: Gould, Sutton, Williams, Pringle, Kirby, Peers, Leitch-Smith

NB assume White, Hampson, Dens, Digie, Jackson all injured... Miller on loan... Adarbioyo? (played during pre-season but pic not on Team website), plus not sure if Parky will sign two trialists from today...

COYR!

Interesting place to put Colclough...!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2021, 03:31:19 AM »

So, the final pre-season game ends with an Alty 3-1 away at Huddersfield B...

We should now be in a position to know our starting line up for the league opener next weekend, but to be honest i'm none the wiser really - i hope Parky knows his starting XI if all fit...

NB Hampson & White (plus assume Dens still) are all injured so guess means Fitzpatrick will start LB...

Not really seen anything of new CB Digie or Brad Jackson... also still not sure if we've found a replacement for Smithy... will Pringle fill the void or Kirby? Not sure where Hancock will fit in in new system & what system will be eg 4,4,2... 4,3,3... 4,2,3,1 etc... also have horrible feeling Colclough (certain starter) may leave before season ko as EFL clubs hovering now has all clear from court case & not played last few games as if something going on (if goes like Hulmey did on eve of season think he's still got 12mth contract so should get fee but then hard to replace)... new players Fitzpatrick, Dinanga, Leitch-Smith, Pringle all seem ok... also two more trialists played today... just need to get an XI together who can hopefully gel & build from there...

At present, i personally think Team will be...

TT
Senior     Mullarkey   Hannigan   Fitzpatrick
            Pringle     Moult    Kirby (or Colclough if still here)
            Kosylo    Dinanga   Mooney

Subs: Sutton, Williams, Hancock, Peers, Leitch-Smith

Alternatively, maybe...

TT
Senior   Mullarkey   Hannigan   Fitzpatrick
                     Moult   Kirby
                         Hancock
           Kosylo   Dinanga   Mooney

Basically, i just don't know who we'll start with around midfield area...

Any thoughts from other Alty fans??? Who would you start with???

COYR!

Not being funny, but I'd think about playing Peers. He seems to have been banging them in pre-season (4 in the last 6 plus hit the post in the game before that), and Tuesday night (great to be finally able to watch Alty in Trafford) reinforced what I've felt for a long time, that he's a handful for defenders (he set up the goal didn't he?) and always seems to find  good chances where mostly he either at least tests the goalkeeper or scores - as he did again at Huddersfield. Also, I don't see how Hancock can not play.

Well according to the Alty Files, Mooney dispossessed the defender and cut inside (from the right?). Even though he'd been playing left wing. I thought it was Peers who won the ball a little to  the right and squared to Mooney - and I was right behind the goal... maybe my memory's playing tricks on me. Nonetheless, Peers did have a good chance, well saved for a corner. And scored in several other friendlies.

Anyway, I must admit it's looking good for the new season if we don't know if Hancock will be starting- or Mooney (5 goals pre-season) - and that was before Colclough signed the contract!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 04:36:11 AM by Hugh »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2021, 04:31:02 PM »

Tom Peers didn't win a single game in which he started last season, Hugh.

It's all my fault.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2021, 04:49:58 PM »

I think Tom does best coming off the bench, he normally makes a positive impact.

I'm sure Parky will pick the fittest best 11 for the starting line-up.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2021, 10:08:52 PM »

Wonder if either of the two trialists from the weekend will be offered a deal this week? Especially Furman.
Or is that the final squad?
Wouldn't be surprised to see one or two going out on loan as we seem to have a large squad with some likely to be finding it hard to get game time -  especially at the back.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2021, 11:58:41 AM »

I think Tom does best coming off the bench, he normally makes a positive impact.

I'm sure Parky will pick the fittest best 11 for the starting line-up.

Agreed, pre-season seems to be staying true to last season in that regard for Tom. Looked decent at Curzon but by all accounts less effective at Trafford from the start.

It's a nice position to be in, but I don't think Josh's position is guaranteed for the start of the season - it's a long slog so everyone will ultimately get pitch time.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2021, 04:28:47 PM »

Wonder if either of the two trialists from the weekend will be offered a deal this week? Especially Furman.
Wouldn't be surprised to see one or two going out on loan as we seem to have a large squad with some likely to be finding it hard to get game time -  especially at the back.

I must be psychic! 😉
Better get the lottery on tonight!

PS. If I get the jackpot, we'll be buying our way to the Football League! 😂😂👍
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2021, 05:56:15 AM »

I must be psychic! 😉
Better get the lottery on tonight!

PS. If I get the jackpot, we'll be buying our way to the Football League! 😂😂👍

A la Newport County! (I presume it's Kevin Ellison's last season... before his long awaite return to Alty!).
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Torquay Away - who would you pick to start?