PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A big thank you.
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A big thank you.  (Read 6044 times)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
A big thank you.
« on: August 12, 2021, 10:36:57 PM »

I had the great good fortune to be invited by Lawrence Looney to the team photo and su sequent hospitality put on for the volunteers. 

It was lovely to chat with the very impressive Conor Hampson, Lawrence, Parkie, Flynny and many more who do our club proud.

As someone who suffers social anxiety, as does my Jennifer, who was with me, I would like to thank Lawrence especially, and all involved for their warm, friendly, hospitality.

I want to add my thanks to the great volunteers at the J  Davidson.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: A big thank you.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 02:34:49 AM »

I will add to that, I attended earlier on with my two foster daughters. I bought one of them the new Alty shirt, which she will use this Saturday for a friendly match V Wigan. Both the girls also met Lawrence, Bill and Phil, had a look at the new Business Lounge and were able to admire the new pitch. It was great meeting everybody today, looking forward to the start of the season, and both girls want to come to games. Thanks to the club for their hospitality and giving us their valuable time.

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 08:14:43 AM »

That's genuinely lovely to hear. It looked like a nice evening and I'm glad volunteers were invited along.

I hope Alty Rewards contributors weren't overlooked? https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/alty-rewards

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 08:16:20 AM »

They're a good bunch of lads.

Can't wait to watch them this season - win lose or draw. I'm sure they'll give it their all for us.

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2021, 07:25:10 AM »

Hi Andrew,

In answer to your question...

'I hope Alty Rewards contributors weren't overlooked? https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/alty-rewards'

It would appear that sadly the club did infact forget about Alty Reward contributors... i, amongst others, give so much time & funds to the club and am a Alty Reward contributor as one of the many funding initiatives i support... sadly the first we hear about the team photo experience is on here or club social media after the event... on ALL the Alty Rewards funding categories it states 'invite to Team Photo'... after missing last season's pic due to no-one allowed due to Covid i am really disappointed & upset that the club has forgotten about us fans when they are happy to take our money each month via this scheme... anyway, cannot get this moment back, so we move on...

Would have loved to have seen the Team photo, especially as i will miss a chunk of the season due to major heart surgery, but i wish the club well & will continue to support them as best i can via being a Season Tic holder, Patron, Player Sponsor, Alty Rewards funder, Patrons & Monthly draws, shareholder, plus other initiatives like Pitch-in funding, Fanzone wall brick, club collection schemes, partaking in matchday sponsorship/hospitality twice each season in Sponsors Lounge for many years, buying merchandise, etc etc, plus going all home games (bar surgery period) & many aways... i even have been a volunteer on several occasions upto this summer when restricted due to heart issues... like others who do similar, i am upset to have been forgotten by what is such a wonderful club for family, community, & footy experience...

As i say, we move on... i hope all who went to this photo experience had a great time & enjoyed it... maybe i'll get a chance next year (unless forgotten again)...
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2021, 09:08:59 AM »

Well said Inter.my thoughts exactly, I've done most of the things you have done,
Including Volunteering for a few yrs
It would have been nice to have been invited.
Any way onwards and upwards
All the Best to  Phil and his Team C O Y R

« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 09:10:53 AM by bigedd »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2021, 09:13:44 AM »

Inter Alty.
It is a shame that you didn’t get an invite along with the other  Reward Contributors.

It is a poor show when people miss out on a function that is a one off. Admin could be better, my mantra is “Attention to detail”

More importantly though, I hope everything goes well with your hospital procedure.

Regards
Ray & Jan
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 09:23:37 AM by distancetraveller »

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2021, 09:31:37 AM »

Hi Andrew,

'I hope Alty Rewards contributors weren't overlooked? https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/alty-rewards'

It would appear that sadly the club did infact forget about Alty Reward contributors... i, amongst others, give so much time & funds to the club and am a Alty Reward contributor as one of the many funding initiatives i support... sadly the first we hear about the team photo experience is on here or club social media after the event... on ALL the Alty Rewards funding categories it states 'invite to Team Photo'... after missing last season's pic due to no-one allowed due to Covid i am really disappointed & upset that the club has forgotten about us fans when they are happy to take our money each month via this scheme... anyway, cannot get this moment back, so we move on...

Would have loved to have seen the Team photo, especially as i will miss a chunk of the season due to major heart surgery, but i wish the club well & will continue to support them as best i can via being a Season Tic holder, Patron, Player Sponsor, Alty Rewards funder, Patrons & Monthly draws, shareholder, plus other initiatives like Pitch-in funding, Fanzone wall brick, club collection schemes, partaking in matchday sponsorship/hospitality twice each season in Sponsors Lounge for many years, buying merchandise, etc etc, plus going all home games (bar surgery period) & many aways... i even have been a volunteer on several occasions upto this summer when restricted due to heart issues... like others who do similar, i am upset to have been forgotten by what is such a wonderful club for family, community, & footy experience...

As i say, we move on... i hope all who went to this photo experience had a great time & enjoyed it... maybe i'll get a chance next year (unless forgotten again)...

That's a real shame. Thanks for confirming, I feel you.

I have had a direct debit set up for Alty Rewards since it was launched, but I cancelled it recently because I didn't like that money was being taken without correspondence. I had hoped that I was just 'taken off the list' and the remaining contributors would be contacted about this reward.

The club are doing so much (great work) on fundraising that it appears this has been massively overlooked. It hasn't been given much TLC since it was launched. Much like yourself I try and support everything the club push out but this just got to a point where I had to cancel.

It needs freezing, evaluating and relaunching. It's a glorified bucket collection at the moment.

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2021, 09:38:01 AM »

Thanks for that Ray & Jan (& others who messaged me separately)......

Yep, hoping all goes well... will be apparently 5-6mth recovery period & been told Wythenshawe Hosp is one of the best for heart surgery..

Anyway, needs doing, so fingers crossed...

Re above, i didn't want it to sound sour grapes or say i do so much, as i normally try not to be vocal about such things & most would not know me from any other fan as i hate the limelight (plus i also know loads of others do similar or more or less - & anyone who does anything is doing their bit to support the club i love)...

That said, occasionally it is nice to get a little 'Thank You' back and be able to see the Team Photo would have been a nice touch (especially as i was paying for that via Alty Rewards)... plus i sincerely hope those invited enjoyed the experience... anyway, will leave it there, draw line under it, & look forward (enough said)...

Anyway, hey ho, life goes on & i have far more important things to worry about in coming months...

Thanks again for your kind message/s...

Lets hope the Robins have a great season...

COYR! :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 12:36:41 PM by Inter Alty! »

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2021, 09:55:12 AM »

Hi Andrew,

You sent your message as i was replying to prev ones...

I agree with you that the Alty Rewards does need revisiting & upgrading as seems to not be working properly... the club takes money via Direct Debit each month & you are meant to receive certain perks... some of which have not materialised... plus, despite paying above basic option, the main two things i really wanted was the watch Team Photo perk & free Alty top you get after 12mths... now the Team Photo Event was literally a non-event for me plus the Alty shirt bit is also not going to happen for me... the club left SKkits who did sizes upto 5XL for Puma who do a max shop size of 2XL (or after contacting the Alty Directors myself possibly 3XL)... now lets just say i've had a few pies during my life & need a 3XL/4XL (Puma's 3XL is more like a 2XL in other brands)... hence i wont be able to get an Alty shirt now - though will still use the perk (if not forgotten) to treat Mrs Inter to one - i know how to treat the ladies! :)

Anyway, agree with you, Alty Rewards does need upgrading as not working properly at present...

Onto better things... lets hope the lads do well this season... COYR!

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2021, 10:54:10 AM »

It's disappointing to read this. I hope that Inter and any others who did not receive their rewards will be contacting the club directly to ask what they will be doing to make amends regarding this?

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2021, 09:37:37 PM »

Hi Andrew,

'I hope Alty Rewards contributors weren't overlooked? https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/alty-rewards'

That's a real shame. Thanks for confirming, I feel you.

I have had a direct debit set up for Alty Rewards since it was launched, but I cancelled it recently because I didn't like that money was being taken without correspondence. I had hoped that I was just 'taken off the list' and the remaining contributors would be contacted about this reward.

The club are doing so much (great work) on fundraising that it appears this has been massively overlooked. It hasn't been given much TLC since it was launched. Much like yourself I try and support everything the club push out but this just got to a point where I had to cancel.

It needs freezing, evaluating and relaunching. It's a glorified bucket collection at the moment.

I haven’t received anything from this except a notification that they’ve taken money every month.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2021, 05:59:41 AM »

I had the great good fortune to be invited by Lawrence Looney to the team photo and su sequent hospitality put on for the volunteers. 

It was lovely to chat with the very impressive Conor Hampson, Lawrence, Parkie, Flynny and many more who do our club proud.

As someone who suffers social anxiety, as does my Jennifer, who was with me, I would like to thank Lawrence especially, and all involved for their warm, friendly, hospitality.

Reminds me of the time years ago when I turned up at the ground one time when they happened to be doing the team picture. I think it was in the days of Gerry Berman, Bernard Taylor, Carmo etc. Anyway, I was invited to sit in on the practice photo where Berman (I think) later sat when they did it properly (and later sent a photo of the result). He was a top bloke, Bernard (I met his lively aunty in Lourdes once too - a part Italian family I think). One time for an away reserve match at Chorley, he invited me on the team coach. It was there that I discovered the trolley...
Tough times for the club, but there was a tremendous spirit and togetherness at the club in those days, I remember the pile on with players and fans after a goal at Lancaster. All great lads! Skipper, Ecky, the coach to Alfreton for Eat My Sports (great prediction, Wayne), the time we saw the chairman of the FA at Nunny, Canockmania... great times!

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2021, 07:03:00 PM »

Reminds me of the time years ago when I turned up at the ground one time when they happened to be doing the team picture. I think it was in the days of Gerry Berman, Bernard Taylor, Carmo etc. Anyway, I was invited to sit in on the practice photo where Berman (I think) later sat when they did it properly (and later sent a photo of the result). He was a top bloke, Bernard (I met his lively aunty in Lourdes once too - a part Italian family I think). One time for an away reserve match at Chorley, he invited me on the team coach. It was there that I discovered the trolley...
Tough times for the club, but there was a tremendous spirit and togetherness at the club in those days, I remember the pile on with players and fans after a goal at Lancaster. All great lads! Skipper, Ecky, the coach to Alfreton for Eat My Sports (great prediction, Wayne), the time we saw the chairman of the FA at Nunny, Canockmania... great times!

Bernard was a real gent and a gem, truly lovely chap!

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2021, 07:04:30 PM »

Hi Andrew,

I am so sorry to hear this and I hope (and am sure) everything will go well and wish you, in advance, a full and speedy recovery.

All the very best!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A big thank you.