PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Last three pre-season games
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Last three pre-season games  (Read 8345 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Last three pre-season games
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2021, 07:02:52 PM »

So today I suppose we were OK... played some decent football in spells (we were poor 10 minutes either side of their goal) against a half decent Curzon Ashton side. Never really bust a gut out there either.

Still a bit concerned about our lack of ability to create clear cut chances, we still seem to want to be a bit cute about it rather than focus on getting a shot in.

Tom Peers looked sharp when he came on.

I believe the move between Peers and Miller for the goal was about our best of the match?

Aside from the opening few minutes when Hancock and Dinanga interchanged well, Dinanga seemed to have a good sight of goal but opted to pull it back across goal rather than put his foot through it.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2021, 09:03:49 PM »

Whilst it was a good workout, after first 15-20 minutes thought we were lacklustre until Miller and Peers came on. AJ was anonymous when came on and Dinanga overall was poor. Plenty to work on, hopefully be better at Trafford.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2021, 09:49:34 PM »

I don't attend friendlies but we seem to be starting slow again.
We've played lower opposition and haven't really stamped any authority.
We really need to be on it from the off.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2021, 09:58:39 PM »

No Colclough tonight ?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2021, 10:04:30 PM »

I'm worried about our levels when we play Torquay. We've played games against lower opposition, apparently without outclassing anybody particularly. I know the pitch being done tied our hands to a large extent, but I fear we simply won't be at the races when the season gets underway. We've not exactly troubled the scoreboard much either, considering the opponents we've played against.

Sorry, it's not in my nature to be negative, but this pre-season has not felt like sufficient preparation for what lies ahead. Go out and prove me wrong, please!  :)
Come on Alty!

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2021, 10:09:59 PM »

Always tough to gauge from the PSFs.

By all accounts we were excellent at Nantwich.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2021, 10:19:06 PM »

It is only preseason, but in fairness I don't think Trafford had to work too hard to keep us at bay tonight. It's also a bit worrying at the other end too. Has Sutton disappeared?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2021, 10:26:07 PM »

I'm worried about our levels when we play Torquay. We've played games against lower opposition, apparently without outclassing anybody particularly. I know the pitch being done tied our hands to a large extent, but I fear we simply won't be at the races when the season gets underway. We've not exactly troubled the scoreboard much either, considering the opponents we've played against.

Sorry, it's not in my nature to be negative, but this pre-season has not felt like sufficient preparation for what lies ahead. Go out and prove me wrong, please!  :)

I agree.

Sutton is injured
Full time and proud of it

andrewflynn

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2021, 11:10:34 PM »

No Colclough tonight ?

Spoke to Jake Moult after the game and he said his absence isn’t a concern.

The game however. Thought too many lads looked like they were going through the motions and we were really short of threat until we got a shock to the system when they scored.

Parky made his point re his wanting more from “new signings” in his Curzon interview, that was a point enough. To then seemingly drop Dinanga didn’t work for me. He was so much more dangerous than Peers who offered little, sadly. Surely start MD again and give him the chance to prove you wrong?

Our go home friendly is against a side we pumped last year. We’ve played one name of note, albeit their U23’s, and been pumped 5-1.

Worried that another slow start is looming.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 10:30:52 AM by Andrew Flynn »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2021, 12:17:36 AM »

I have to say the team played a bit like they didn’t know each other tonight.  The two full backs were good. Peers didn’t impress . Williams was good when he came on

I always get the impression we faff about too much when near the opponents box and instead of having a shot we seem to make one too many passes which ends up with the move breaking down

No Colclough no Hannigan, no Moult, also Hampson, White and Jackson were also absentees

Not a satisfactory outcome but I do think when we get the injured lads back we should cope ok

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2021, 10:23:24 AM »

I've been to all the allowed Psf's barr Chorlton, up to the last 2 we looked sharp, one of Ashton's players I know made a similar comment on how good we were there and the torrid time they had. Last 2 games we've been lack lustre and look off the pace, Curtis Miller is one of the few whom have added a spark. Hopefully we'll have the spark a week on Saturday and have a few of the injured players back such as Hannigan.

If I'm concerned then I'm sure the management will be as well.

Hopefully Saturday will give them renewed impetus.

COYR

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2021, 03:01:14 PM »

Last night was the first one I have attended  so I'm not sure how entitled I am to comment.

That being said I was very disappointed as I thought too many players were poor and there was no plan B when we had problems getting through them.

Defensively we looked a bit fragile at times and seemed preoccupied with retaining possession rather than scoring.

Oh and I'm not really a huge fan of that kit

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2021, 03:11:01 PM »

I always get the impression we faff about too much when near the opponents box and instead of having a shot we seem to make one too many passes which ends up with the move breaking down

Same, it really irks me that we don't seem to score goals like the one Curzon scored on Saturday. Bang it in the mixer towards target and hope it gets a nick off someone.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2021, 11:06:21 PM »

Same, it really irks me that we don't seem to score goals like the one Curzon scored on Saturday. Bang it in the mixer towards target and hope it gets a nick off someone.

Nom de Plume, Hash, and myself were saying that all last season. We hoped Dinanga would at least partially resolve the problem, but I'm afraid on what I've seen in the last 2 games he'll be lucky to make double figures.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2021, 07:57:19 AM »

Nom de Plume, Hash, and myself were saying that all last season. We hoped Dinanga would at least partially resolve the problem, but I'm afraid on what I've seen in the last 2 games he'll be lucky to make double figures.

I'm not ready to write him off just yet, but we were right behind him in Curzon's main stand on Saturday about 2 minutes in, and I still can't fathom why he didn't take a proper shot with a full sight of goal.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Last three pre-season games