News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No more Saturday 3pm Streaming?

Author Topic: No more Saturday 3pm Streaming?  (Read 3969 times)

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« on: August 04, 2021, 07:21:32 PM »

The below articles states (if correct) that there will sadly be no more streaming on Saturdays... :(

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/status/1422911247121625091?s=20

NB EUFA & FA had for years previously prohibited Sat live footy around 3pm to stop club attendances being effected by streaming on matchdays (FA brought in ban in 1960s between 2:45 - 5:15pm Saturdays)... BT also had as part of their live TV deal that streaming was banned for National Lge 3pm games bar their coverage... other legislation effected live screening of 3pm matches... these 'bans' were relaxed during last season for Covid reasons but it now seems that the live TV/streaming ban will be back... Alty were championing keeping streaming but always said it depends on higher powers like EUFA/FA etc...

I hope this will be reconsidered to help fans who can't go games (whether home or away fans, those abroad, etc), but it looks like the bans will unfortunately now be back...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 07:23:11 PM by Inter Alty! »
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: No more Saturday 3pm Streaming?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 10:08:30 PM »

As someone who would miss the streaming I cannot help but think this is for the best as we don't want locals not going to the games. It is not just the match tickets but the supplementary sales.

Is it possible, however, if any of us exiles can bear not to check the scores or listen to RR, to have a streaming starting at 5 or 6pm.

But what about weekday games and such as the Cheshire Senior Cup and I'd love to be able to see Dens' testimonial if some of the fee for the stream goes towards the takings?

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 10:53:30 AM »

To be honest, I think it would affect the away support figures more than anything else, as fans decide to watch streams instead of travelling to games.

I am sure it would badly affect our away attendances. We have not yet benefitted from this since joining the National League.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 11:52:48 AM »

Is it possible, however, if any of us exiles can bear not to check the scores or listen to RR, to have a streaming starting at 5 or 6pm.

We also have to consider the National League's embargo on releasing any footage on our own Club platforms before 00:01 am Monday morning.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 11:59:01 AM »

We also have to consider the National League's embargo on releasing any footage on our own Club platforms before 00:01 am Monday morning.

Ah! I didn't know about that! That's a bugger!

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 12:08:30 PM »

Has been in place for a number of years now - even last season we were allowed to stream live but not upload footage after that until Sunday night. This is to ensure they can maximise views on their own, somewhat minimalist, highlights package which is released on Sunday morning and appear on each club's website.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2021, 12:09:39 PM »

Has been in place for a number of years now - even last season we were allowed to stream live but not upload footage after that until Sunday night. This is to ensure they can maximise views on their own, somewhat minimalist, highlights package which is released on Sunday morning and appear on each club's website.

Thank you

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2021, 02:22:10 PM »

Somewhat minimalist!

Indeed.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2021, 02:52:20 PM »

Alty tv could maybe do a charegable full game option and a free highlights only option
ParkINson's red and white army

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2021, 05:07:30 PM »

I understand the reasons and I suppose its all about individual circumstances, having run through the fixtures today i can really only see me getting to 2 or 3 away games, seems a pity as i saw every game last year contributing a good 10 quid each time
Bernard Taylors barmy army

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2021, 05:41:31 PM »

I understand why and there are pros and cons.

After watching all games last season via streaming I certainly would 100% rather be there.
Full time and proud of it
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team