West Didsbury & Chorlton
- 10 (52.6%)
Ashton United
- 5 (26.3%)
Both
- 4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Next Saturday's friendlies  (Read 9752 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Next Saturday's friendlies
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2021, 01:22:57 PM »

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2021, 01:54:07 PM »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2021, 01:55:53 PM »

I thought Ben Pringle looked a cut above and I’d be signing him without doubt. He’ll look even better around a better quality of player too. Pringle as the no.10 with Colclough and Kosylo either side would be a decent attaching 3 behind a main striker.

He's  just turned 33 so maybe a  short term contract if he proves himself ? Wonder if White and Hampson are still injured from last season ?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 02:14:39 PM by Timperley The Best »

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2021, 01:59:23 PM »

I thought Ben Pringle looked a cut above and I’d be signing him without doubt. He’ll look even better around a better quality of player too. Pringle as the no.10 with Colclough and Kosylo either side would be a decent attaching 3 behind a main striker.

He's  just turned 33 so maybe a  short term contract if he proves himself ?
Maybe that’s the thinking behind the older players on trial? If we’re planning on FT next season?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2021, 03:18:20 PM »

He's  just turned 33 so maybe a  short term contract if he proves himself ? Wonder if White and Hampson are still injured from last season ?

PP's interview, I think, said that they were unlikely to be fit for the start of the season (or it could have been in the match report?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2021, 03:31:59 PM »

PP's interview, I think, said that they were unlikely to be fit for the start of the season (or it could have been in the match report?

Yep, both injured for the start of the new season.

I'm intrigued by Pringle - he's clearly a classy operator and some articles say he prefers the left - could be an understudy for Colclough, or could the thinking possibly be using him for a deeper role to offset some of the ability on the ball we've lost with the departure of Smith, or much like we had with Tom Kearney many years ago...

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2021, 06:17:22 PM »

‘I think everyone is aware that Connor and Andy are not going to be fit for the start of the season, so that is an area of concern at the moment,' said assistant-manager Neil Sorvel.

I was not aware of this at all. Did I miss something?

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2021, 11:14:23 PM »

‘I think everyone is aware that Connor and Andy are not going to be fit for the start of the season, so that is an area of concern at the moment,' said assistant-manager Neil Sorvel.

I was not aware of this at all. Did I miss something?

If you did, so did I, as I was not aware of it either.

With Sean Densmore out too, it does indicate that a full-back is suddenly (?) a priority.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next Saturday's friendlies