PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 If we are "Free" from Monday...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: If we are "Free" from Monday...  (Read 15027 times)

andrewflynn

Re: If we are "Free" from Monday...
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2021, 12:36:15 PM »

You can pay online and show your ticket on your phone, by printing it off or by using the physical one you're sent in the post. If you can't pay online then I'd imagine most clubs would process your payment over the phone and send it out to you. If you want to pay 'on the day' then you can visit a ticket office and take your ticket to your gate.

It's been the norm well before COVID at most forward thinking clubs so let's not carry on like this is a problematic byproduct of COVID. Given we're a National League club, paying cash on the gate is something we all should've been expecting to see far less, regardless of the pandemic.

It's very common at modern clubs and necessary to improve how you a) handle crowds b) gather more data on who is attending games and c) market future games to them if they opt-in.

I'd be content if we stopped taking cash on the turnstile altogether. We need as many people as possible ordering online in advance, for the reasons given. Our problem is we don't have a ticket office to sweep up last minute attendees, but being encouraged to pay in advance is hardly an affront on one's freedom is it?

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2021, 02:27:21 PM »

Cash was in decline (across society, not just non league football matches) long before we'd even heard of covid. All covid has done has accelerate the decline further. Working more to a model of card and electronic payments is just in keeping with how the vast majority of people spend their money these days. Makes sense to me.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2021, 03:46:15 PM »

Cash is certainly in decline amongst (most) of us pensioners! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2021, 10:12:04 PM »

I was amazed to discover when I went to Withington Hospital for my consultant's appointment that parking was still payable by cash. I had to contact security to explain that I hadn't used cash sine March 2020. They had to let me out free of charge. Win win !

altering um

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2021, 10:37:59 PM »

The problem with 'online ticketing' is it's based on the assumption that everybody carries a smartphone and/or apps about their person at all times. Which, even among those who do so, is widely accepted as being crass and/or crap.
 Viva cash!

You can order on a laptop / PC and print them off?

Indeed. I am not an office, so why would I have a printer? For Alty v. Yeovil I had to send a copy of my online ticket to my son who then had to go into work (he was working from home) to print it off. Then get a bus to bring it.

A farce, but I didn't mind given the circus dances at the time. But please don't make it the new normal.

[Disclaimer : I have a season ticket and don't anticipate any problem going to match.]

andrewflynn

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2021, 10:38:05 AM »

The problem with 'online ticketing' is it's based on the assumption that everybody carries a smartphone and/or apps about their person at all times. Which, even among those who do so, is widely accepted as being crass and/or crap.
 Viva cash!

You can order on a laptop / PC and print them off?

Indeed. I am not an office, so why would I have a printer? For Alty v. Yeovil I had to send a copy of my online ticket to my son who then had to go into work (he was working from home) to print it off. Then get a bus to bring it.

A farce, but I didn't mind given the circus dances at the time. But please don't make it the new normal.

[Disclaimer : I have a season ticket and don't anticipate any problem going to match.]

That sounds like massive faff. Having done all of that, do you not just think it might be a bit more convenient to get a smartphone?

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2021, 01:30:35 PM »

I normally send a pager message to my friend to buy me a ticket which I send to him via a cheque. He then contacts Chris senior who has a printer so he then sends the details of the order via carrier pigeon. I then have to wait in a phone box in Altrincham for a call to confirm we found Chris senior and it's printed . Chris then sends the ticket via 2nd class mail back to my friend who then in turns emails me the scanned ticket . I then go to Altrincham library and print it out . Very simple and works for me
Come on you red and white........

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2021, 01:59:33 PM »

I normally send a pager message to my friend to buy me a ticket which I send to him via a cheque. He then contacts Chris senior who has a printer so he then sends the details of the order via carrier pigeon. I then have to wait in a phone box in Altrincham for a call to confirm we found Chris senior and it's printed . Chris then sends the ticket via 2nd class mail back to my friend who then in turns emails me the scanned ticket . I then go to Altrincham library and print it out . Very simple and works for me

Marvellous. Don't tell anybody but I make my own tickets at home. It's a simple job on papyrus using soot/water as ink and a cut reed to write with. Got me into Wembley for the Italy match ok.

andrewflynn

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2021, 06:47:48 PM »

😂😂😂

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2021, 07:26:51 PM »

Anyone know if you can use bitcoin to purchase a ticket for Saturday's pre-season friendly at Ashton United?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2021, 07:27:26 PM »

Marvellous. Don't tell anybody but I make my own tickets at home. It's a simple job on papyrus using soot/water as ink and a cut reed to write with. Got me into Wembley for the Italy match ok.
😂😂

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2021, 07:28:31 PM »

Anyone know if you can use bitcoin to purchase a ticket for Saturday's pre-season friendly at Ashton United?
this thread is getting silly now ! Next you will be asking where Jordan Hulme is 😂😂

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2021, 08:40:45 PM »

This is my favourite forum post in a long time   ;D ;D

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2021, 08:54:29 PM »

Sorry, it’s Ethereum or postal orders only.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

altering um

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2021, 10:03:26 PM »

A similar situation to mine. Glad you find it so convenient.

Your post seems to be met with all round approval, which is heartening to see. And just when I was thinking I'll have to get a smartphone or become completely disenfranchised.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 If we are "Free" from Monday...