PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 If we are "Free" from Monday...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: If we are "Free" from Monday...  (Read 15019 times)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: July 16, 2021, 03:51:24 PM »

...why are there tickets for only 3 pre season friendlies...and why is there the necessity for tickets at all?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: If we are "Free" from Monday...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2021, 04:31:15 PM »

Because they're aways from home; so it's 7 clubs that have to put them up run by volunteers.

1 game is still TBC about being BCD (Huddersfield).

Clubs like advanced ticket as it guanratees revenue, easier to staff, makes them cashless.

Not everything a conspiracy
It's all my fault.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 04:54:35 PM »

With us "free" from next Monday...did we have to get tickets at previous years' away friendlies?

(Strange how ppl go down the conspiracy route when I'm just asking a question!)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 04:56:40 PM by JD »

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 05:17:59 PM »

I just assumed that the clubs concerned wished to control numbers to a low level they have set and feel happy with. This would be a good way to do it.
Alternatively, they could be trying to assess the viability of moving to cash free operation?

"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2021, 05:21:07 PM »

With us "free" from next Monday...did we have to get tickets at previous years' away friendlies?

You've put free in inverted comments and you're comparing restrictions vs lack of games, like you're worried about a hidden meaning.

Enjoy a pint it's sunny.
It's all my fault.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2021, 08:59:45 PM »

Were we ever "free"?

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2021, 09:29:32 PM »

Hi there,

Last summer (autumn) the majority of pre-season games had no fans due to the on/off lockdown issues, but one game Ashton Utd away had a nominal crowd of either 300 or 600 (can't recall exact amount) but then had to buy a ticket online via the same club online website as for this year... i bought a ticket online & was looking forward to the match until it was called off few days before due to one of their players testing positive for Covid (resulting in us getting refunds)...

Another game just before last season that allowed fans in was Nantwich away (Sept) - this also had tickets purchased in advance online to show at gate to gain entry... i went that one...

Hence, nowadays & post covid appears online ticket purchases are way forward for now probably to ensure no cash transactions or delays in entry & also not new as what was used for fans last pre-season when fans permitted...

That said, there will probably be some smaller clubs who can't provide online ticket sales systems so maybe forced to have cash admissions on day instead... i think West Didsbury & Chorlton may fall into this category & we may have to pay on gate next Sat... reason i say this is as presently no ticket news to-date for our game next Sat plus below link has details on their ticket admissions tomorrow £5 for Trafford's visit & these will be pay cash at gate (only advance sales is via club shop for tables for those wanting beer)...

https://wdcfc.co.uk/2021/07/trafford-ticket-information/
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2021, 09:55:17 PM »

You've put free in inverted comments and you're comparing restrictions vs lack of games, like you're worried about a hidden meaning.

Enjoy a pint it's sunny.

You payin'  ;) ;) ;)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2021, 03:34:31 AM »

...why are there tickets for only 3 pre season friendlies...and why is there the necessity for tickets at all?

Tickets? Blimey, not much changes does it? Well if they're determined to keep this nonsense going (as seems the case) I for one have got better things to do with my time than be treated like a disease.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2021, 03:37:05 AM »

Because they're aways from home; so it's 7 clubs that have to put them up run by volunteers.

1 game is still TBC about being BCD (Huddersfield).

Clubs like advanced ticket as it guanratees revenue, easier to staff, makes them cashless.

Not everything a conspiracy

I've been to a lot of pre-season games, none of them have ever had tickets. (I seem to remember at Flixton one time a group of us got taken for players and let in for free... lovely hotpot though, those were the days!). At this rate, Wilmslow Albion will need tickets!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 04:01:14 AM by Hugh »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2021, 03:46:39 AM »

Enjoy a pint it's sunny.

I've never needed tickets at Ashton, Nantwich or Curzon before, or for that matter seen anything other than low numbers there.

With the "pingdemic" looking set to continue and some jobs set to be banned to millions of people who could have previously had them (among other things), it's not what some would call free. And it's looking a fair bet that next season will also be disrupted. Get real. This is no laughing matter, lad.

Nb, I basically paid on the gate at Nantwich last pre-season, I'm not bothering next season if I can't pay on the gate (and as I say, looks possible we could end up like last season for some games). Freedom my foot.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 03:53:22 AM by Hugh »

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2021, 08:36:20 AM »

Enjoy a pint it's sunny.

I've never needed tickets at Ashton, Nantwich or Curzon before, or for that matter seen anything other than low numbers there.

With the "pingdemic" looking set to continue and some jobs set to be banned to millions of people who could have previously had them (among other things), it's not what some would call free. And it's looking a fair bet that next season will also be disrupted. Get real. This is no laughing matter, lad.

Nb, I basically paid on the gate at Nantwich last pre-season, I'm not bothering next season if I can't pay on the gate (and as I say, looks possible we could end up like last season for some games). Freedom my foot.
Bore off with your terribly formed points of view. If you are capable of being outraged at the need to pre buy a ticket for a football match you really do need to give your head a wobble

RolfGoad

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2021, 08:39:02 AM »

Wasn’t there a thread set up for this kind of stuff, and Qanon content?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2021, 10:04:47 AM »

Enjoy a pint it's sunny.

Sounds like the excuses not to pay to watch a side that might struggle are starting early.

Last summer Nantwich actually was going to be all online tickets, they luckily had some spare.

Given some clubs have had sticky fingers over the years, cashless entry where possible removes those issues.
It's all my fault.

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2021, 10:56:20 AM »

I have many doubts about the Covid situation, but I think it's pretty likely that clubs are still all ticket because they kept provisions in place just in case the restriction lifting was delayed again past July 19th.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team