News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Streaming...

Author Topic: Streaming...  (Read 4145 times)

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
Streaming...
« on: July 11, 2021, 12:13:29 PM »

The NLP has an article on Alty wanting streaming to continue to assist fans (home & away) especially those still fearful of Covid or those living abroad or other areas of UK & any other fans who cannot make games for whatever reason...

https://twitter.com/NonLeaguePaper/status/1414177654853439488?s=20

In the Q&A on Friday eve Bill mentioned this & said it was the preference of the club to continue streaming BUT it all depends on external legislation ie EUFA/FA have policies for no live games at 3pm on Sats plus BT Sport have rights to all live footy in our league  - these bodies relaxed constraints last season to allow streaming & would need to agree to do so again apparently if streaming is to continue...
Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Streaming...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 02:36:19 PM »

Lets hope it carries on .

Alex

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 04:48:42 PM »

bit of a pandoras box this one, on the one hand during Covid it has been nice to see as many games as i have despite no longer living in the local area.

However i am not naive to the fact that the 3pm 'Blackout' for broadcasting is to protect attendances at clubs like ours, I'm sure you have all seen the difference in attendances when we play on the same Tuesday as a Champions league group game involving either United or City. Should we be allowed to continue to broadcast a live stream then there is no case for the premier league to not be able to do the same and have games on Sky / BT at 3pm which would impact on the causal fan attendance (no matter what die hard views are about the premier league and watching football on TV it is undeniable that a large percentage of casual fans we get on a Saturday may not attend if say City vs Liverpool was on Sky at the same time).

Be interesting to see if a compromise can be met, or if Alty TV could potentially show games in full on a delay, and people like me could avoid the score until say 5pm when the game would be shown?

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2021, 05:17:00 PM »

I contacted Bill Waterson on this subject last week. I don't know how others feel, but I'd be happy to pay a premium to stream a match that I couldn't attend. In that way revenue streams could be protected.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2021, 06:51:33 PM »

bit of a pandoras box this one, on the one hand during Covid it has been nice to see as many games as i have despite no longer living in the

Be interesting to see if a compromise can be met, or if Alty TV could potentially show games in full on a delay, and people like me could avoid the score until say 5pm when the game would be shown?

Really good shout this, if we cant stream live then on a delay you could avoid the score
Bernard Taylors barmy army

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2021, 08:13:43 PM »

bit of a pandoras box this one, on the one hand during Covid it has been nice to see as many games as i have despite no longer living in the

Really good shout this, if we cant stream live then on a delay you could avoid the score

Classic Likely Lads. https://youtu.be/XXjqSbM8Oz0

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2021, 09:05:48 PM »

The selfish me - as an exile - would love live streaming, but I fear the loss of revenue not just from reduced attendance, but from the sales of food and drink etc

I like the idea of a delayed stream if financially viable, but remember we still have the excellent Radio Robins if we cannot stream or wait for the result!

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2021, 11:31:56 PM »

I like the idea of a delayed stream if financially viable, but remember we still have the excellent Radio Robins if we cannot stream or wait for the result!

I wonder if some clubs will ban Radio Robins again next season? If there's no streaming they won't even be able to do a broadcast covering that from Moss Lane.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2021, 11:59:56 PM »

I wonder if some clubs will ban Radio Robins again next season? If there's no streaming they won't even be able to do a broadcast covering that from Moss Lane.

Does that depend on the BBC are doing a live commentary?

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2021, 09:58:10 AM »

Dover and Boreham Wood have BBC local radio contracts that forbid other radio broadcasters. There are others too.

RolfGoad

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2021, 01:22:52 PM »

Won’t this decision actually be with BT? They’ve paid for exclusive live rights for next season…

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2021, 01:38:21 PM »

Dover and Boreham Wood have BBC local radio contracts that forbid other radio broadcasters. There are others too.

How is this allowed. I thought broadcast rights were negotiated by the league not individual clubs. It is a disgrace that they can make their own arrangements.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Streaming...