Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: NLP  (Read 8985 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: NLP
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2021, 09:02:30 PM »

And thirdly, some 14-15 hours since the NLP hit the street there has not been one word on an official basis from anybody in authority at the club.

They've been quick enough to shout out the positives, but the resounding silence now reflects badly on the club.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 11:29:47 PM by One Foot in the Grave »

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2021, 11:07:21 PM »

Anyone else also deem it to be somewhat strange for this significant news about the club's future to be revealed via the pages of the NLP rather than on the official club website?

A degree of embarrassment from the board after having previously announced such a pivotal transition, perhaps?

So, we remain a part-time team who now have a full-time manager.

You also get the impression that we are struggling to discard some of those players who were rather inexplicably awarded two-year contracts last summer.

I think that is the pertinent point - but with hindsight.

I don't think anyone thought we would have the moments of success we had last season - despite the relatively low finish compared to our high points - and that, I think, had the board bringing our hybrid progression on sooner. However, because I think the board saw last season as purely consolidation, the 2 year contracts may have been handed out for the sake of continuity. Like I say - with hindsight - an error.

My personal feeling is that hybridisation might have needed to wait another season anyway, but it will be a more difficult season to come, not least with Smith leaving.

I would also have liked to see this on our main website first.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 11:24:17 PM by JD »

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2021, 07:16:15 AM »

Could be a very long season. Mission Survival. We’ve been here before. I’ll try to think of some positives.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2021, 08:36:18 AM »

According to the NLP, Neil Sorvel said “Lads have got to quit jobs........and a number of them are of an age where they aren’t going to do that...we’d have ended up with a half and half split, which isn’t ideal”

Am I missing something here? I thought that would be a typical hybrid model we would be working towards in the first year.

If that’s a stumbling block shouldn’t the players have been consulted before all this was announced? Very cavalier and very poor show from the management and/or board.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 08:40:42 AM by Nom de plume »

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2021, 08:46:38 AM »

According to the NLP, Neil Sorvel said “Lads have got to quit jobs........and a number of them are of an age where they aren’t going to do that...we’d have ended up with a half and half split, which isn’t ideal”

Am I missing something here? I thought that would be a typical hybrid model we would be working towards in the first year.

If that’s a stumbling block shouldn’t the players have been consulted before all this was announced? Very cavalier and very poor show from the management and/or board.

Indeed, I expected some lads to be working FT next season, some to be with us more days.

But really, did we not enquire who could afford/who want to go FT before we mads a national announcement.
It's all my fault.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2021, 08:58:15 AM »

I guess 'hybrid' could refer either to some of the players being full-time and some part-time or to all of the players training more than just Tuesday and Thursday nights but not as much as a full-time squad would. I assume we were hoping to move the whole squad to a fuller training schedule but their working lives won't allow it.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2021, 09:07:12 AM »

Indeed, I expected some lads to be working FT next season, some to be with us more days.

But really, did we not enquire who could afford/who want to go FT before we mads a national announcement.
I have similar thoughts hashtag, I was also wondering if phil was putting off going FT to keep more money n the coffers?

andrewflynn

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2021, 09:43:29 AM »

Here's the NLP article:

"...but depressed fiances and player reluctance made any change impossible."

Sounds like we have a WAG problem!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2021, 09:51:31 AM »

Tails wagging the dog.

Find it hard to believe that senior players, at least, weren't consulted
Full time and proud of it

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2021, 09:58:35 AM »

Full time and hybrid have been discussed for years.

When the lads signed 2 year deal, why didn't we have foresight to add a "hybrid clause"

Sounds like some very average players have us over a barrel.
It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2021, 11:22:02 AM »

Anyone else also deem it to be somewhat strange for this significant news about the club's future to be revealed via the pages of the NLP rather than on the official club website?

A degree of embarrassment from the board after having previously announced such a pivotal transition, perhaps?

So, we remain a part-time team who now have a full-time manager.

You also get the impression that we are struggling to discard some of those players who were rather inexplicably awarded two-year contracts last summer.

I think that is the pertinent point - but with hindsight.

I don't think anyone thought we would have the moments of success we had last season - despite the relatively low finish compared to our high points - and that, I think, had the board bringing our hybrid progression on sooner. However, because I think the board saw last season as purely consolidation, the 2 year contracts may have been handed out for the sake of continuity. Like I say - with hindsight - an error.

My personal feeling is that hybridisation might have needed to wait another season anyway, but it will be a more difficult season to come, not least with Smith leaving.

I would also have liked to see this on our main website first.

The two-year deals were not hindsight. The majority of players given 2-year deals post-Boston lacked serious game-time at this level, and worse case scenario if we did a Braintree and made the playoffs; we'd have been an attractive proposition to sign people.
It's all my fault.

b23

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2021, 12:14:19 PM »

This is made all the worse as we now have full time managers who must be annoyed. But the club should have sounded out which players would be up for hybrid or full time. We need to be more ruthless next year and let players go if they cannot commit to the clubs plan. All or nothing. The mentality has to be 100% for this to work

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2021, 12:59:14 PM »

I trust the management team to make the right decisions on players. End of.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2021, 01:59:50 PM »

Hi all,

We will be having a Q&A on our on field plans for this season later this week.  Details on how to submit questions are now on the website.

Bill

Atticus

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2021, 09:02:30 PM »

Hi, would it be possible for Neil Sorvel also to be on the Q and A ?

Given he is the person widely quoted in the NLP article it would be good to get his take on things.

I don’t post often but just thought this might be a sensible approach?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 NLP