PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Car park height barrier
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Car park height barrier  (Read 10299 times)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Car park height barrier
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2021, 10:16:26 PM »

Because we've never had issues before?

The accusation was racism: which race?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 10:41:21 PM by JD »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2021, 03:29:47 AM »

To be fair, there was a media report a bit ago about Butlin's banning people with certain sir names (or last names in modern parlance). It was aimed at certain travelers who had previously booked holidays with them. It just happened to be mostly or entirely Irish names, and obviously affected people who had nothing to do with any issues they had had, and obviously disproportionately of an Irish background. So there are very much still problems with discrimination in society.

At the same time, it is obviously an issue if the club carpark gets taken over as once happened. Just be careful about tarring everyone with the same brush.

(For me, the exciting thing to see is that politics etc. is alive and well on the forum...)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 03:40:12 AM by Hugh »

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2021, 11:17:26 PM »

To be fair, there was a media report a bit ago about Butlin's banning people with certain sir names (or last names in modern parlance). It was aimed at certain travelers who had previously booked holidays with them. It just happened to be mostly or entirely Irish names, and obviously affected people who had nothing to do with any issues they had had, and obviously disproportionately of an Irish background. So there are very much still problems with discrimination in society.

At the same time, it is obviously an issue if the club carpark gets taken over as once happened. Just be careful about tarring everyone with the same brush.

(For me, the exciting thing to see is that politics etc. is alive and well on the forum...)

See what you did there! LOL

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2021, 08:07:26 AM »

Only at three o'clock in the morning.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2021, 08:53:29 AM »

Only at three o'clock in the morning.

Insomniacs cure.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2021, 10:25:17 AM »

Why dont we ask the banished Alty Razor Squadron's to return and have it large with the travellers if needs be?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2021, 04:35:25 PM »

They aren’t oppressed Romany gypsy, they’re Irish tinkers. Respect is a two way street, they hide behind the oppression card. They destroyed Broadheath Central’s pitch last summer. At great cost to repair, and this week they’ve left tons of rubbish that a local community football club has had to yet again  deal with. I apologise if the use of pikey offended anyone. But why is breaking and entry, criminal damage and trespass deemed ok or overlooked if you live in a touring caravan?

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2021, 11:37:48 PM »

Nobody is disputing that some gypsies/romanys/travellers act in inappropriate ways, as do lots of white people, black people and every other sort of people. The point is you can’t say that some destroyed Broadheath Central’s pitch last year therefore….
In my life by far the majority of people I’ve had trouble with have been middle aged white blokes from Altrincham, should I just assume all of them are T**ts because they share some characteristics with people who are?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2021, 09:29:27 AM »

There now on LongHey, home of Alty Juniors. 8 Caravans since Friday night. Luckily its dry and there not currently on the pitches.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2021, 12:21:02 PM »

They need to be moved, our foster daughter Lacie plays for them and that is our home ground!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2021, 12:26:04 PM »

Why dont we ask the banished Alty Razor Squadron's to return and have it large with the travellers if needs be?
too many are now RIP the rest reformed and are now known as the goose green reds
ParkINson's red and white army

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2021, 01:54:10 PM »

too many are now RIP the rest reformed and are now known as the goose green reds

Way way off topic I know, but did anybody ever find a link between Goose Green in Alty and that in the Falkland Islands?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2021, 04:17:34 PM »

They need to be moved, our foster daughter Lacie plays for them and that is our home ground!

Hi Steve, the eviction process is in full swing, it will take around a week.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2021, 05:18:47 PM »

Way way off topic I know, but did anybody ever find a link between Goose Green in Alty and that in the Falkland Islands?

Not sure there is one. Goose Green in Altrincham was originally called Goostrey Green

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2021, 08:52:45 AM »

Hi Steve, the eviction process is in full swing, it will take around a week.
Travellers have left Long Hey and site is secured again..
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Car park height barrier