PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fantastic gesture for our younger fans
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Fantastic gesture for our younger fans  (Read 9228 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fantastic gesture for our younger fans
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2021, 08:50:38 PM »

I have that problem in the main stand. The best row is the one behind the directors boxes, but people keep using it as a walk-through. I suspect you may have been moved from there.
I still stand up even with a hip problem, but how much longer for, I do not know. Fortunately, I am registered on the waiting list now for a hip replacement operation, I'm 63 so sympathise with you. I will stand while I can but there is going to be a time when I will need to sit as I get older, and I'm just over 6ft. With my hip problem, I do find it painful moving, after standing in the same spot for a while. The barriers are incredibly helpful though.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2021, 09:39:49 PM »

Using the same logic they should raise the consesion age to 66
I thought logically they should reduce the age.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2021, 10:42:51 PM »

This thread seems to have covered a fair few topics, but the original point of extending concessions for more young people is a great idea, and well deserved for younger people who have suffered more than older groups during the pandemic with a loss of employment and opportunities.

I am 6' 2"" and I do sympathise with anyone of that height who needs a seat in the main stand. For Youth Cup games and the like, I would try to get an aisle seat,  but that will be harder at a well-attended match. Fortunately for me, my legs are good, and it's more comfortable to stand.

I am more worried about older people who don't have access to the internet, rather than the concessionary price. I know there was a contact form sent out with the email for season tickets for people who would have trouble booking online, but that was sent as an email! I hope there is an effort to contact supporters who don't have an email address. Anecdotally, and I am sure I don't have all the facts, I did speak to a long-standing  older supporter tonight who had gone down to the club offices, and was told that they could only get tickets online, and there was no alternative.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2021, 10:45:39 PM »

I have that problem in the main stand. The best row is the one behind the directors boxes, but people keep using it as a walk-through.

Thats because it is a walkthrough - the only way to get from 1 side to the other !

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2021, 11:29:07 PM »

I find the very front row to have slightly more legroom than most of the seats.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2021, 08:44:02 PM »

How do you arrive at that conclusion? I'm thinking later retirement age therefore more spare cash

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2021, 09:06:09 PM »

How do you arrive at that conclusion? I'm thinking later retirement age therefore more spare cash

Not easy to get a job if you're over 50 these days!

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2021, 09:10:27 PM »

second thoughts I think your logics right. I was thinking raising the 16 to 18 costs the club some income and saves the supporters some cash. The same would be true dropping the 65 to say 63. Some of the 18 year olds won’t be retirement age until we’ll into their seventies when the time comes.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2021, 09:40:15 PM »

Surely you aren't suggesting age discrimination is going on JD? I'm 63 and used to do vocational training. Somehow it isn't the same on zoom so I binned it, Consequently I'm living off my savings.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2021, 09:59:51 PM »

Surely you aren't suggesting age discrimination is going on JD? I'm 63 and used to do vocational training. Somehow it isn't the same on zoom so I binned it, Consequently I'm living off my savings.

Gosh! Certainly not!

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2021, 08:15:59 AM »

second thoughts I think your logics right. I was thinking raising the 16 to 18 costs the club some income and saves the supporters some cash. The same would be true dropping the 65 to say 63. Some of the 18 year olds won’t be retirement age until we’ll into their seventies when the time comes.

Retirement will be a thing of the past for many.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2021, 08:18:43 AM »

Retirement will be a thing of the past for many.

I was 70 when I finally got to retire, but then I worked part-time for 18 months after a short break. I've only fully become a retiree at 73.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2021, 02:08:34 PM »

The days of old age concessions are surely numbered. Partly cos someone will realise it’s age discrimination and ban it and partly because those retiring at the moment are the first generation who will retire richer then their children will be when they retire. They’ve gained the most from the house price rise of the last 40 years and many more of them have DB pensions. The ‘poor old pensioners can’t afford it’ logic simply isn’t true anymore as a sweeping justification for age related discounts. It makes more sense to give millennials a discount because those trying to get on the housing ladder have bigger financial issues. This is a generalisation obviously hiding massive differences within each age group but we don’t mean test the ticket price, it’s based on a generational average.

I’m 48 so doesn’t affect me either way for some time.

If you do away with  old age concessions then you do away with all concessions, a lot of so called millennials today benefit from an inheritance anyway from either their grandparents and or parents.

Do we? My partner and I have 1 surviving grandparent and yet to receive a penny in inheritance.

Given that older people are living loner, the majority of inheritance (if any) go on care home fees or just topping up pensions.

I can't think of a single benefit millenials enjoy over previous generations (Inflation, high home prices as a percentage of wages).

I'm lucky enough to have been able to scrape together a deposit and find someone to buy with, and buy at the right time. My brother opted to move 45 minutes away to buy.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 02:39:04 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2021, 11:44:56 AM »

i am 68 970) next year and i do use these old age consessions
Harold

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile